Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

PhillyHotspur PhillyHotspur is very quiet today.

lost-john-travolta.gif

It was always crazy to get anybody else when Conte was available. We got there in the end!

Give him some proper players in the positions where we are weakest and I honestly think we will challenge for the league title.

Except he wasn't available, Conte said this and it's been highlighted numerous times in this and other threads. I don't agree with who we ended up with but I'm glad things worked out the way they did.

Yeah he is but I think it was down to the lack of direction and clarity, you can't commit to a player then get a cheaper alternative
I also think that Rüdiger needed a while to acclimate to the league. His first season he was just okay but he has definitely blossomed into one of the best defenders in the league over his Chelsea spell.

Glad to see him move to Spain.

Mauricio's PPG is staggeringly good considering he was with us for 200 games. Would have him back in a heartbeat once the Conte era comes to a close

I wouldn't want Poch back because it will mean we will have regressed.

Conte will hopefully win us a number of trophies over the next 3 or 4 years. When he eventually does go, we need to think big again, go for the best manager out there.

We all love Poch, but he won't ever be what we hope him to be, unless ofc he learns to become more ruthless and not bottle big games.

Except he wasn't available, Conte said this and it's been highlighted numerous times in this and other threads. I don't agree with who we ended up with but I'm glad things worked out the way they did.

I know the story put out, but to me that was PR. I think Conte was gettable in the summer but levy lowballed him, then he went back in November in a more desperate situation and said "of course you can bring your staff with you Antonio, would you also like a blowjob?"

I can't prove that, obviously.

I know the story put out, but to me that was PR. I think Conte was gettable in the summer but levy lowballed him, then he went back in November in a more desperate situation and said "of course you can bring your staff with you Antonio, would you also like a blowjob?"

I can't prove that, obviously.

It's not a story put out, it's you and others like you that have invented it being a story.

Conte doesn't strike me as a bullshitter, what would he have to gain?

It's not a story put out, it's you and others like you that have invented it being a story.

Conte doesn't strike me as a bullshitter, what would he have to gain?
Like I said, I thought it was PR. He did sit down with us in the summer and I think if the offer was good enough, we'd have got him then. Why sit down with us at all if there was no intention of taking the job?

I can't prove it, like I said. Just my opinion, we don't agree. I'm just glad we have this man in charge, the absolute best we could possibly hire

”But Conte again declines the opportunity to confirm he will be here next season, other than to say "I'm under contract until next summer"”

Media really want him gone. If you have a contract, you are expected to work.

”But Conte again declines the opportunity to confirm he will be here next season, other than to say "I'm under contract until next summer"”

Media really want him gone. If you have a contract, you are expected to work.
It’s a classic example of this media shite THFC have to suffer. He’s said he has a contract until next summer. He’s not suggested at all he won’t see it through at the very least. So he is here next season (from his own mouth!)
The only way I can see that changing is if Levy does his “short arms and deep pockets” routine in this window. He won’t be the slightest bit bothered about walking out. Tony’s stock is as high as it’s ever been after dragging us to 4th place.
Levy will face open warfare if he fucks this up

I swear if Levy doesn't back this man and then brings Poch back or gets someone that will just be a yes man I will be fucking livid.

For now we enjoy what we have accomplished though, Conte has taken this club to another level mentally and I feel more confident than I ever have he will win us a trophy.

Back him Daniel...

Daniel Levy has got another bite at the cherry again here. He fucked our progress after Pochettino and put us back years. Finally we’re on the right track again with a world class manager and CL. Back the guy Daniel Levy.

Back
Top Bottom