Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

A lot of posters might think they were on the right track associating Conte with Spurs decline in terms of use of squad, tactics, results ....... and why spend £40m buying Porro who is a little bit better than Spence who isn't being used (but was RWB when Rennes beat PSG with Mbappe and Messi in Paris) when other positions (eg CB) needed reinforcing etc.

Been saying it for sometime. This bloke was underachieving. He can manage one game a week and is wedded to a system of play. He lacks flexibility and I believe a good coach open to using the Academy could have got us top four again. I'm glad Inzaghi is fully exposing him at Inter.

Been saying it for sometime. This bloke was underachieving. He can manage one game a week and is wedded to a system of play. He lacks flexibility and I believe a good coach open to using the Academy could have got us top four again. I'm glad Inzaghi is fully exposing him at Inter.

I take little solace from it unfortunately......... :(

.....Much like I'm over the goon bottle-job already (I remember how relatively good 2nd felt for us in '17); all I'm left with is "boy it sucks to be Spurs atm" vibes.

Just another manager who was in the elite tier but couldn’t change with the times.

He isn’t the first and won’t be the last.

Yet sections of Inter fans somehow still want Inzaghi fired because they aren't at the top of the league table (they are currently 3rd and were 6th a few weeks back).

Inzaghi won the cup double last year with Inter and finished second. And so far this season has one cup already, and two more finals to play now that the CL is secured.

He's doubled Conte's trophy count at Inter in a little under the same time at the helm.

We would kill for a manager that wins a bunch of cups and keeps the team around 3-6th place in the table.

Probably why he gave up, he knew the game was up.
I used to find it odd that he would be so unprofessional, surely he’d make more money if he was more professional.

Now it looks like he does it on purpose to preserve his reputation and go to another club for a couple of years.

I used to find it odd that he would be so unprofessional, surely he’d make more money if he was more professional.

Now it looks like he does it on purpose to preserve his reputation and go to another club for a couple of years.

I think this season he saw the likes of Howe, Emery, De Zerbi even Gary fucking O'Neill showing him up on a coaching level I suspect the plan was to run away as quickly as he could, his argument is that he technically still did have us in 4th place despite it being in a false position but his departure was 100% orchestrated to suit himself.

I think this season he saw the likes of Howe, Emery, De Zerbi even Gary fucking O'Neill showing him up on a coaching level I suspect the plan was to run away as quickly as he could, his argument is that he technically still did have us in 4th place despite it being in a false position but his departure was 100% orchestrated to suit himself.

Mate, you got it all wrong.... He did it to save us from the evils of ENIC.... That's why rather than focus on them; he threw all his players and the fans under the bus, started eulogising about Maldini and threatened to leave any time something embarrassing happened.

Btw; you missed interim Southampton manager; Ruben Selles off your list.

Mate, you got it all wrong.... He did it to save us from the evils of ENIC.... That's why rather than focus on them; he threw all his players and the fans under the bus, started eulogising about Maldini and threatened to leave any time something embarrassing happened.

Btw; you missed interim Southampton manager; Ruben Selles off your list.

It's a bit strange that some of our fans can't see this man who openly disrespected this club on many occasions and acted like he was doing us a favour just because he called the board out and appeased their little anti ENIC fetishes, nothing came out of that little outburst apart from leaving our club in the mud so much so we have to clean up the mess he made.

He was the biggest disappointment we've ever had as manager. Came with all the rapture and chat and then was utter shit for the main part of his time here.

It's a bit strange that some of our fans can't see this man who openly disrespected this club on many occasions and acted like he was doing us a favour just because he called the board out and appeased their little anti ENIC fetishes, nothing came out of that little outburst apart from leaving our club in the mud so much so we have to clean up the mess he made.

I said before he even he'd managed one game for us; if he was gonna come in, be an ass-kicker and go toe-to-toe with Levy for the good of the team then I'd get right behind it.......

...........What we got was VERY different however.

He was the biggest disappointment we've ever had as manager. Came with all the rapture and chat and then was utter shit for the main part of his time here.

I still can't reconcile how he could get things so wrong having set a working blueprint in the 2nd half of last season.

Well he got us into 4th to be fair, that was a net positive.

Yes; due kudos for that.

Well he got us into 4th to be fair, that was a net positive.

We had a period of 10 weeks when we played well out of the whole time he was with us. I’m starting to think that was in spite of him and more down to the much maligned players wanting to beat Woolwich to fourth. The rest of the time we’ve been awful to watch and lots of results covered up the performances. I’d say that period wasn’t solely down to him at all.

We had a period of 10 weeks when we played well out of the whole time he was with us. I’m starting to think that was in spite of him and more down to the much maligned players wanting to beat Woolwich to fourth. The rest of the time we’ve been awful to watch and lots of results covered up the performances. I’d say that period wasn’t solely down to him at all.

Not sure I agree, if there's something I will give him credit for is turning us around in such a short space of time, from where we were under Nuno where we couldn't even get a shot on target to Conte ball in it's affinity against the likes of Newcastle, Villa and Woolwich, getting 15 clean sheets with a defence containing Sess, Dier, Davies, Emerson and Sanchez was pretty impressive, we won something like 11 out of our last 13 as well so he should take credit for that.

Not sure I agree, if there's something I will give him credit for is turning us around in such a short space of time, from where we were under Nuno where we couldn't even get a shot on target to Conte ball in it's affinity against the likes of Newcastle, Villa and Woolwich, getting 15 clean sheets with a defence containing Sess, Dier, Davies, Emerson and Sanchez was pretty impressive, we won something like 11 out of our last 13 as well so he should take credit for that.

I was just so shocked and astounded by the drop off this season. It was unforgivable.

Back
Top Bottom