Apoel Nicosia v Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lloris, Aurier, Alderweireld, Sanchez, Foyth, Davies, Dier, Winks, Sissoko, Kane, Son

Think I'd pick that XI, with Sissoko and Son supporting Kane. Could also do Llorente over Foyth but can't remember Poch starting with 2 proper strikers very much at all. We should dominate possession and be on the front foot most of the time, so not too worried about starting Foyth, especially as we'll have 5 back there rather than 4.

Tottenham - UCL - Squad

based on our CL squad it looks as though only Gazzaniga and Whiteman as the 3rd and 4th GK's will miss out on a start or bench spot.

That means a bench place for Georgiou and Oakley-Boothe, as well as GKN and Foyth.
We are literally down to our last remaining outfielders.

I could see Poch start Llorente up top with Kane just below him in a 3-5-2 given our limited options.
[formation=352, Lloris, Foyth, Sanchez, Toby, Aurier, Sissoko, Dier, Son, Davies, Kane, Llorente][/formation]
Or maybe a 4-4-2.
[formation=442, Lloris, Aurier, Sanchez, Toby, Davies, GKN, Dier, Sissoko, Son, Kane, Llorente][/formation]

Last edited:
Eriksen out is a game changer. Be interesting to see what Poch does now.

Whether it's Dier and Winks in CM and Sissoko moving forward, or Kane into number 10 with Son and Llorente up front?

That formation does sound interesting

Is the game being televised?

That formation does sound interesting

Is the game being televised?
It at least is up here. Viasat broadcasts all the CL games so you should at worst be able to find a stream.

Call it gut feeling. But I think Poch might give Georgieu some minutes tomorrow. It's a big team but still within his range to handle. And he plays international football for Cyprus as well

Dele Alli (suspension)
Serving the second of a three-game ban in European competitions.

Mousa Dembele (ankle)
Receiving treatment to injury post-Barnsley and now undergoing rehabilitation. Will be assessed ahead of the weekend’s match at Huddersfield Town.

Christian Eriksen (illness)
Unwell overnight and has not travelled.

Erik Lamela (hips)
Stepping up intensity of outdoor work.

Danny Rose (knee)
Continues progressing with intensity of rehabilitation.

Jan Vertonghen (suspension)
Serving one-game European ban following red card against Borussia Dortmund.

Victor Wanyama (knee)
Undergone period of treatment and now stepping up rehab.

does not sound good even allowing from weakness of opposition. will be glad for 3 points and not worried if it is close.

Dele Alli (suspension)

Mousa Dembele (ankle)
Receiving treatment to injury post-Barnsley and now undergoing rehabilitation. Will be assessed ahead of the weekend’s match at Huddersfield Town.

Erik Lamela (hips)

Danny Rose (knee)

Victor Wanyama (knee)

does not sound good even allowing from weakness of opposition. will be glad for 3 points and not worried if it is close.

That's some list. :dierno:

Dele Alli (suspension)

Mousa Dembele (ankle)

Erik Lamela (hips)

Danny Rose (knee)

Victor Wanyama (knee)

That's some list. :dierno:
Depending on where you see Lamela fitting in, that's 6/7 FIRST TEAM starters...
And all but Lamela (Jan, Dembele, Rose, Dele, Eriksen & Wanyama) would be among the first names on the team sheet! (though obviously depending on what order you put them in, they couldn't ALL go first!)

If think Winks will play in the Eriksen role - he can play as a no.10 or CM imo. I guess Sissoko and Dier will be in the middle again and Foyth will come in to a back three - Poch seems to have a lot of faith in him. Kane and Llorrente up top is an option but I don't think Poch will go that route. Son's a guaranteed starter but I still don't think Poch trusts GKN enough yet, but I think we'll see him at some point in the game

based on our recent problems:

Lloris
Toby - Sanchez - Foyth
Aurier - Dier - Winks - Davies
Sissoko - Son
Kane
0-1
Kane 88'

Back
Top Bottom