Arab state marketing vehicle formerly known as Man city v Spurs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

City look very hard to break down - obviously down to Kompany coming in and organising them.

I can see us eventually breaking through and scoring, but I also think City look likely to score whenever they do attack.

0-0 HT

- Pretty even half. Could be a case of next goals win this one.
- Eriksen, whilst has had our best chance needs to get involved more.
- Kane has been totally marked out of this game, more movement needed.
- Defence and midfield have been solid.

Rose is getting tons of room left side. We have not done much with it. Seems like his crosses get blocked or deflected. Poor guy has run all over the field and took a nasty shot to the solar plexus.

Possession wise, very good. But a rocket is needed up their arses at half time.

We look nervous when we get the ball in midfield. Too many touches and passing the ball backwards far too often for my liking. We need to be more bold in posession and take some chances.

Rose has been immense but he's not getting the support when he gets it out wide.

Kane and Alli have been absent, but that's down to City defending with two banks of four.

Hopefully Poch is working his magic as we speak.

I'd love to see us started with Mason next to Dier and Dembele in the AM3 instead of Son. We need someone who looks for the ball off the CB's and who can zip it about more progressively than Dembele does. Dembele's a tenacious and robust fucker but he dwells on the ball too long, we need to get it into the front four quicker before City get set. If we played Dembele in the ARM instead of Son we'd still have Son's ability to press and work off the ball but we'd have Dembele holding the ball up better, dribbling at defenders and being less careless than the other 3 forward players.

Back
Top Bottom