Archie Gray

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Tom Cruise What GIF
I’m
Are you OK?

Getting Taken vibes from this.

Do you have a Father with a unique set of skills?

And Mikey Moore!

If even half of the young talent we've put together reach their potential, we'll have a fucking awesome team.
I'd consider us fortunate if 1 of them makes it and plays a key role at our level. CL footballers do not grow on trees, 20% would be an incredible success rate honestly.

Most of them are likely going to follow in the well trod footsteps of Winks, Mason, Skipp, Cleverly, Townsend, etc. and be solid footballers for lesser clubs.

Rachel Dratch Television GIF by Saturday Night Live

A midfield 3 of Gray,Bergvall and Sarr❤️
Porro and Udogie inverted full backs. That’s pure energy in the midfield area.
With Porro at 24 being the oldest of the lot by some distance.

To be honest, I would be a little concerned with having an over reliance on youthful exuberance. 2 18 y.o.'s, 2 21 y.o.'s and a 24 y.o. is lacking some experience for me. Not great if shit starts hitting fan.

Given the escalation of prices, paying £40m for him doesn’t seem that different to paying £20m for sessegnon. Let’s just hope it’s a lot more successful. Signing him not injured is already a bonus!
Wages for these kids are really low as well at least for a couple of years so the long term cost is lower until they get improved contracts IF and when they deliver on the pitch.

The athletic's article is pretty revealing. Levy still involved in transfers it seems. He was never going to step away. Lange pushed hard for it though it seems and did some good leg work.

They have Lange’s hard work to thank for getting this deal done. The Dane was in daily contact with Gray’s camp for weeks as Spurs pursued the transfer, with Daniel Levy joining him in putting in the hours to successfully get the deal over the line in recent days.

We also met a release clause to get him.

Gray’s contract included a £35million release clause which was active while Leeds were in the second tier.

A chairman stepping in to help get the deal over the line (as was rumoured with the Dragusin deal) isn't cause for concern.

I didn’t say it was. It’s just that lots of people believed he had when it’s obvious he never would.
What I meant to say as well was that a chairman can have 'stepped away from transfers' while also being available in this manner - he's a chairman with decades of experience and contacts afterall, if he has a good relationship with his opposite number at Leeds for example it doesn't mean he is still 'involved in transfers' the way I assume people mean in a negative manner.

A midfielder who can also play at right-back...is that better than a right-back that can also play in midfield?

I think the obvious is staring people in the face.........

Ange's inverted FBs play like CMs. Could be perfect for us.

Michael Bridge on SSN was saying that according to Leeds fans— although Gray played large parts of last season as a full back or even a DM— his best performances were when he played as a number 8. Bridge further suggesting that if that is the case and Spurs have recognised this, no further pursuit of Gallagher will happen.

Not sure whether I agree with that, but here it is for what it’s worth.

Back
Top Bottom