Archie Gray

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

With Porro at 24 being the oldest of the lot by some distance.

Add to that VDV, Drag, BJ... The avg age of the squad has dropped considerably.

To be honest, I would be a little concerned with having an over reliance on youthful exuberance. 2 18 y.o.'s, 2 21 y.o.'s and a 24 y.o. is lacking some experience for me. Not great if shit starts hitting fan.

This is why we need Biss, Bentancur & Maddison to step up and own their consistency levels.

Last edited:
I'd consider us fortunate if 1 of them makes it and plays a key role at our level. CL footballers do not grow on trees, 20% would be an incredible success rate honestly.

Most of them are likely going to follow in the well trod footsteps of Winks, Mason, Skipp, Cleverly, Townsend, etc. and be solid footballers for lesser clubs.

Rachel Dratch Television GIF by Saturday Night Live

That's the spirit.

:nunothumb:

Michael Bridge on SSN was saying that according to Leeds fans— although Gray played large parts of last season as a full back or even a DM— his best performances were when he played as a number 8. Bridge further suggesting that if that is the case and Spurs have recognised this, no further pursuit of Gallagher will happen.

Not sure whether I agree with that, but here it is for what it’s worth.
I watch a fair bit of Leeds /Champ football and there’s no way he’s ready for a 8 role in the PL. Plenty of times they were overrun in the midfield. Still quite raw. Could be anything but I wouldn’t compare to Bellingham at same age

I watch a fair bit of Leeds /Champ football and there’s no way he’s ready for a 8 role in the PL. Plenty of times they were overrun in the midfield. Still quite raw. Could be anything but I wouldn’t compare to Bellingham at same age
Few games I have seen he has not screamed at me that he is super duper but fellow pros voted him YPOTY.

Absolutely inspired signing, people were poo-pooing the idea of Wharton in Jan before Palace blagged him and look how fucking amazing he's been, something people don't seem to be waking up to is the fact there are clubs with ton of money down in the championship nowadays, when comparing the top spenders in the champo on wage budget and transfer fees the expenditures dwarf a lot of top division European clubs in the other big leagues. This consequently means the level of the championship is much higher than any other 2nd division in the world and it's a stronger league than many first divisions across the world. We absolutely should be looking to take advantage of the lower divisions when there is clearly a player, like Gray, and like Dele before him, and Wharton, who is so clearly above the level he's playing at. If you don't get these guys when they're at championship clubs or with PL teams that don't have the financial muscle to turn down a good offer, you just don't get them, unless you want to pay a 9 figure fee. The minute these players go to a Palace, Brentford, West Ham, Everton etc, you are gonna be parting with a shitload of cash to get them, and I think Gray has that kind of potential.

Whatever happens with the team at present, you have to say the players we are accumulating in the 16-21 bracket that will form part of the same football generation are getting to be absolutely awe-inspiring. Udogie, Sarr, Gray, Bergvall, Donley, Lankshear, Devine, Phillips, Dorrington, Vuskovic, Moore, not even to name all the players who will eventually be plying their trade at the top end of European football somewhere or another. It's worth noting that Real Madrid have actually converted to the model of signing the créme de la créme of youth players and developing them into the £100m+ superstars they are destined to eventually be in recent years, 18 year old Endrick arriving this summer, Vinicius was 18 when he transferred there, Rodrygo was 19, Camavinga 18, Valverde 18, even the biggest club in the world has realised in this topsy turvy world of fuck-off massive transfer fees you have to be shrewd and find the superstars before they cost superstar cash, freeing you up to make your 1 or 2 marquee signings per window. Smart business from the club IMO.

Back
Top Bottom