Are the next generation of fans getting excluded from matchday experiences?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well four tickets for any game at the moment won't be easy.

For a start you'll need a membership each before you can even attempt to purchase tickets from the club.

Then you can apply during the members sale window when about 7,000 tickets go on sale, but it will be very hard to get four tickets then as they usually sell out within minutes as soon as they go online; even two is difficult.

The next opportunity is the club's Ticket Exchange where season ticket holders can sell their tickets at face value (plus a handling fee added on by the club) if they can't go to the match; again four tickets will be difficult; four together will be almost impossible. You will still need a membership each.

If money is (almost) no object you could consider Premium Tickets. As an example there are four together on the Ticket Exchange in block 316 for Chelsea at (drum roll) £289 each... Oh and you still need memberships.

Finally there are Premium Matchday Packages. I have no idea what they cost though. Not sure if you need memberships, but I don't think even Levy would insist on that given the likely cost. Info here: Matchday Premium Options at Spurs

For all options you should probably forget child tickets as they are as rare as hens teeth; if you see four General Admission tickets in the members sale window or on the Exchange at any price, just grab them.

Good luck.
Oof, that sounds like a lot of work for something that seems unlikely to work out exactly how I want. But thanks for the detailed explanation, I will explore further… premium tickets might be the only reasonable option. Ultimately, I may have to ditch the wife and kids at the hotel and go solo!

It so easy here in the US. If you don’t mind getting abused by the “processing fees”, you can pretty much get a ticket to any big sporting event via a phone ticketing app like Ticketmaster or Vivid Seats. No membership, no waiting, just instant purchase and gratification.

Oof, that sounds like a lot of work for something that seems unlikely to work out exactly how I want. But thanks for the detailed explanation, I will explore further… premium tickets might be the only reasonable option. Ultimately, I may have to ditch the wife and kids at the hotel and go solo!

It so easy here in the US. If you don’t mind getting abused by the “processing fees”, you can pretty much get a ticket to any big sporting event via a phone ticketing app like Ticketmaster or Vivid Seats. No membership, no waiting, just instant purchase and gratification.
It’s illegal in the UK for Tickemaster, Getmein, Stubhub, etc. to sell tickets for the Premier League, so that’s not an option.

I’m not saying it’s not possible to obtain tickets from unauthorised resellers, but any tickets sold by anyone other than the club can be cancelled at the gate and entry refused.

Ditching the wife and kids sounds like your best bet. There’s plenty of good stuff for them to see in London anyway.

Any tips for how this Miami spurs fan can score 4 tickets to any home game? My wife, two kids, and I are planning a UK trip at some point and my #1 priority is getting Spurs tickets at the new stadium. Ideally, I’d like to have the Spurs tickets before getting my airline tickets and hotel. Is this realistic at all? Here in Miami… with Messi fever… getting tickets via phone app is not a problem as long as you are OK with paying $150-$200 for the worst seats in the stadium.

@tix2tottenham on Twitter is worth a follow. He seems reliable for Travel Club corporate light tickets. But obviously buyer beware.

Please excuse me if I interfere in internal matters!

In Germany, we fans have been having a discussion for a long time about the horrendous prices that you should/have to pay in England.
Unfortunately, our ticket prices are constantly being increased, but I think that we are complaining at a "high level" in Frankfurt at the moment.
A standing ticket for the 17 Bundesliga home games costs a maximum of 190 euros.
Frankfurt has expanded the Waldstadion and made the upper tier in the curve into standing room, so that we will grow from 51,500 to almost 60,000 spectators.
We've sold - and that's where we stopped - 30,000 season tickets for the season, mine currently costs 718 euros - but it's a perfect place!

A total of at least 15 Bundesliga (Red Bull piss, Wolfsburg, Ho$$enheim, Munich excepted) clubs agree that tickets must remain affordable and football must remain a sport for everyone.

It is clear that there are "outliers" here and there, but I believe that it is important to also involve the fan associations and not just see the so-called "hard economic result".
Especially since - again as an example of Eintracht Frankfurt - the club has made a huge leap forward with the jersey, scarf and advertising revenue.

My - admittedly naive - opinion is that it is better to avoid superstars with super salaries - what they are discussing here is that players like Kane, Messi, Ronaldo and all the others bring more advertising for the league than choreos and stadiums that are famous as "cauldrons". !

In this sense, I completely agree with the thread opener, if you want to take your child to the stadium and have something to eat and drink, then it shouldn't be true that you almost have to take out a loan for that (to put it bluntly).

That's it again and I'm gone...

Go Go Go Running GIF
From what I gather, it's not just a question of how much tickets cost, it's also a matter of availability and if the ticket prices go down the demand for them will increase so a lot of people won't be any better off.

As far as I can tell, there is no solution to this problem. The only thing I can think of is "If everyone is going right, go left" - there is plenty of non-league football going around where the demand isn't so high and where people can find a more traditional matchday experience.

I don't even know how to take my 7 year old.
I can't set up up with a CRN because she hasn't got an email because she's too young to register.
Its a daft vicious circle.
Agreed. It's shite. TBH this is the sort of the thing the planned Football Regulator should intervene on. Have a certain amount of tickets available at a certain % of full price, for kids first at least.

Agreed. It's shite. TBH this is the sort of the thing the planned Football Regulator should intervene on. Have a certain amount of tickets available at a certain % of full price, for kids first at least.
Forget availability, I wouldn't know how to buy her one if there were thousands available. She's 7, she doesn't have an email address to register an account to. She can't buy a ticket without a CRN. It's fucking daft.

I can't set up up with a CRN because she hasn't got an email because she's too young to register.

I worry for the younger generations sometimes.

I don’t even think I could say you need to think outside of the box.

Just think!!

:dawsonlol::dawsonlol::dawsonlol:

The problem I had getting my two grandsons memberships! They were born on the same day to two different sons three years ago.
I will be taking them to a game next year but I can't remember their individual email addresses!
I asked the "Members" helpline to put them onto my emails but they had to have their own email address at a few days old ffs.

Spurs fans drinking, smoking and singing Yido are a 'bunch of animals'.

You must have led a sheltered life.

Thanks for the support...as an organiser of East Kent Spurs for many years I don't recognise the depiction by ?
Certainly empty cans rolling about but racist behaviour and the "C" word wasn't tolerated.
Even now people come up to me remembering the great days going to games, even though we were a poor team then. People paid cash on the bus.
We would get dropped off at The Gilpin where we would meet former people from our area who had moved away to distribute tickets. In fact some days I'd be walking around Tottenham with £2k in cash in my pocket!

If premium/corporate is the path you opt for here are some of the options....

These sellers are authorised to sell official tickets or packages to our matches.

Tottenham Hotspur Football Club – Tickets (0344 844 0102 - Option 1)
Tottenham Hotspur Football Club – Premium packages (0344 216 2018)
Champions Travel – Official Premium packages
Travel Connection – Official Premium packages
Eventmasters Travel – Official Premium packages
Go Sport Travel – Official Premium packages
Club Journeyman – Official Premium packages
Football Travel – Official Premium packages
P1 Travel – Official Premium packages
Mission Impossible – Official Premium packages
Sportlux - Official Premium Packages
Sportsbreaks - Official Premium Packages

To give you some idea of current packages/prices see the below extracts from am email received from Sportlux ...

Spurs v West Ham £249+ VAT, Spurs v Newcastle £299+VAT, Spurs v Everton £299+VAT, Spurs v B'mouth £299+VAT, Spurs v Brentford £249+VAT.
East Stand Premium Longside Seating
Exclusive Access to East Premium Levels 1, 2 & 3
Inclusive Grazing Menu Pre and Post Match
Complimentary Bar at Half-Time
Lounge Opens Three Hours Prior to Kick Off
Remains Open for Two Hours after the Final Whistle.

Whether these packages are worth it or not is fundamentally within the eyes of the beholder, as a ST holder with the great unwashed I am unable to confirm or deny but if you google 'Sportlux' or access it from the OS you can make your own mind up. Regarding registering for a crn I'm not sure you even have to be a home supporter purchase these packages.

I worry for the younger generations sometimes.

I don’t even think I could say you need to think outside of the box.

Just think!!

:dawsonlol::dawsonlol::dawsonlol:
I refuse to set up an email account just for her and have to lie.
The point is, by the "book" you can't actually buy tickets for anyone deemed not old enough to have an email account.

I went up with the Dover coaches a few times in the Jol era with my youngest brother who was about 10.

The bus had most adults smoking on there, empty beer cans rolling up and down every time the driver used the brakes, constant drunk shouting and even chanting "yido" at Jewish families they saw that had nothing to do with the game just going about their business looking very uncomfortable.

Stopped going after that, bunch of animals. Wasn't child friendly at all, though a good dozen kids were being primed into being the next generation of that type of fan.
Get the train. Put your headphones on.
It's actually nothing like that in the stadium.

Spurs v West Ham £249+ VAT, Spurs v Newcastle £299+VAT, Spurs v Everton £299+VAT, Spurs v B'mouth £299+VAT, Spurs v Brentford £249+VAT.
East Stand Premium Longside Seating
Exclusive Access to East Premium Levels 1, 2 & 3
Inclusive Grazing Menu Pre and Post Match
Complimentary Bar at Half-Time
Lounge Opens Three Hours Prior to Kick Off
Remains Open for Two Hours after the Final Whistle.
Don't forget the free digital match programme. :levylol:

The sanitisation and gentrification of football must have been a godsend to you.
I’m not so sure. At Fulham, my mate brought a bottle of Pinot Noir to go with our pre match Oysters - Pinot fucking Noir! What a clot.

Bloody hooligan. I still haven’t forgiven him. And I’ve taken a month off work as sick due to stress and am recuperating at a mindfulness retreat in the Cotswolds.

:conteshock:

Back
Top Bottom