Are the next generation of fans getting excluded from matchday experiences?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How long ago cause you can't do that now?

Just checked and I have my dad, nephews, departed mum and son all linked to my spammy “burner” email account. Goes back a long way!

Lot of unread messages in that account!

Got messages about season tickets going back to 2007!

Even confirmation of my son playing on the old white hart lane pitch.
Bet they don’t do that any more!

Should really clean up that email account.

If premium/corporate is the path you opt for here are some of the options....

These sellers are authorised to sell official tickets or packages to our matches.

Tottenham Hotspur Football Club – Tickets (0344 844 0102 - Option 1)
Tottenham Hotspur Football Club – Premium packages (0344 216 2018)
Champions Travel – Official Premium packages
Travel Connection – Official Premium packages
Eventmasters Travel – Official Premium packages
Go Sport Travel – Official Premium packages
Club Journeyman – Official Premium packages
Football Travel – Official Premium packages
P1 Travel – Official Premium packages
Mission Impossible – Official Premium packages
Sportlux - Official Premium Packages
Sportsbreaks - Official Premium Packages

To give you some idea of current packages/prices see the below extracts from am email received from Sportlux ...

Spurs v West Ham £249+ VAT, Spurs v Newcastle £299+VAT, Spurs v Everton £299+VAT, Spurs v B'mouth £299+VAT, Spurs v Brentford £249+VAT.
East Stand Premium Longside Seating
Exclusive Access to East Premium Levels 1, 2 & 3
Inclusive Grazing Menu Pre and Post Match
Complimentary Bar at Half-Time
Lounge Opens Three Hours Prior to Kick Off
Remains Open for Two Hours after the Final Whistle.

Whether these packages are worth it or not is fundamentally within the eyes of the beholder, as a ST holder with the great unwashed I am unable to confirm or deny but if you google 'Sportlux' or access it from the OS you can make your own mind up. Regarding registering for a crn I'm not sure you even have to be a home supporter purchase these packages.
Wow, thanks man, this is great info. If we decide to go, we can’t take the risk and will probably go this route. $300.00 per ticket isn’t cheap, but it’s comparable to NFL (American football) prices. My wife and her parents are going to an NFL game later this month and the tickets were $500 each!

He was talking about 20/30 years ago!
£10 for the bus leaving Deal at 10 The Gilpin at 12 then a slow walk to the ground taking in The Cockeral before seeing Ginola!
I reckon a bus full of Spurs fans would probably be similar today to then tbh.
Like it or not, football fans, especially in groups, are rowdy.

But you'd likely have had to lie about their age
I have had my own domain for 20 years. It only costs £2 per month for the mail hosting service for up to six email addresses and I issue and manage my own addresses. Apart from a username (real name or not) no other information (e.g. birthdate, etc.) is required, so no need to lie. And it keeps my emails away from the prying eyes of Google, etc. too.

Last edited:
From what I gather, it's not just a question of how much tickets cost, it's also a matter of availability and if the ticket prices go down the demand for them will increase so a lot of people won't be any better off.

As far as I can tell, there is no solution to this problem. The only thing I can think of is "If everyone is going right, go left" - there is plenty of non-league football going around where the demand isn't so high and where people can find a more traditional matchday experience.
Just taken a leaf out of my own book and got a ticket for Stevenage v Port Vale on 21st October. With any luck, I'll get to see Alfie Devine play.

I took my own advice, went left instead of right, and it was as simple as walking into the club shop and buying a ticket over the counter; no One Hotspur, no prison number, no e-mail address, no mobile phone number required.

Not quite non-league but an up and coming League One outfit with a modern stadium and sharing a division with several clubs with Premier League history like Bolton, Derby County, Blackpool and Portsmouth. The Lamex Stadium is 10 miles down the road from me and, if you're a frustrated match-going Tottenham fan, take a look around and you might find a Tottenham loanee playing in your area.

I reckon a bus full of Spurs fans would probably be similar today to then tbh.
Like it or not, football fans, especially in groups, are rowdy.

Was on a coach away to Feyenoord in 92, only 17, lunatic in front of us tried to get out of the skylight telling everyone he was in the SAS……..his mate said he had to many hash cakes lol

Another ticket window, and looking like another fail. Got through the queue at 10:12 yesterday (12 mins after opened) and the system wouldn't let me buy a pair of tickets (1 x Adult, 1 x Junior) for Everton or Bournemouth at the non-premium prices. Phoned the ticket office, took 20 mins to get through then spoke to a nice lady who spent another 20 mins trying to get me a pair but all she could offer was 2 x £80 tickets (no concessions) to Bournemouth. Went into the queue at 9am this morning (queue said 10,000 ahead) and now being told access would be approx 10:30. I know well enough that this means no pairs will be available.

It'll be half a season gone, attempting every single ticket window, zero tickets obtained for my son.

Levy can go fuck himself if he thinks I'm going to pay the stupidly high adult prices to take my kids.

Edit: Yup, zero pairs available.

Last edited:
When i was 9 years old used to go over the spurs with my brother he was 12 ,first away march at Leicester at 10 , we made loads of mates from all over the country, was such a laugh ....it's a shame that can't happen now .
There's just something so wonderfully traditional about that phrase!!!
It's like how PROPER football fans used to speak!

It was just a case of turning up on the day and paying at the gate, with kids going through the "Boys" entrance and the parents picking up their child inside the stadium. (I have a confession to make - I managed to get away with that until I was 26, some advantages in being short!).
I appreciate that we have to maximise income, and I have no issue in utilising the stadium for concerts, rugby, etc. However, surely there has to be a better way than rinsing supporters.
I have the same issue with paying full price for my seat, as I qualify for the OAP rate. It's about time the ticketing policy was that the price should be applied to the person not the seat.
Expect a visit any day now.... :levystare:

...he's gonna demand a rebate for monies owed...:levyeyes:

All the people who didn’t want EConference League LEAGUE CUP were absolute fools if they also wanted to go to games. Not saying this was you btw.

There would not be a problem if we had those midweek games.

But I’m never surprised by how stupid people are anymore though. Supply and demand. It’s that simple.

And the population of Australia wanting to watch us too I guess.
I'm happy not to be in EC, those Thursday nights kill a top4/Title chance. We've got a paper thin squad. Outside the top XI we are really exposed.

League Cup very different - no overseas travel, 50% chance home tie, 3 matches in (?) and you're in 2 leg semi and that's not till January.

AVB blew top 4 over Europe

Poch blew a LC final v Chavs

and the 2016 title chance

ditto.

Yes
When I was a kid,it was easy to get in. Even the big games,you just got thre earlier.
It was affordable,my dad often invited a mate of mine on the morning of the game to join us,and we weren't wealthy by any stretch of the imagination.
Even in my teens,you could meet up pre match and stand with mates,not meet up pre match and end up in different corners of the ground like now.
We need to nurture future fans,as with sky and others it's easy to "support" anyone these days.
I remember as a kid that spurs would be about the same price maybe even cheaper than the cinema. My mum use to give us the money to get out of the house. From the age of 11 I was regularly going down the spurs with school friends. You didn't need online diaries and everything booked in advance. It was often a spur of the moment decision. "Ogh look it's stopped raining why don't you go to the football,"

I remember as a kid that spurs would be about the same price maybe even cheaper than the cinema. My mum use to give us the money to get out of the house. From the age of 11 I was regularly going down the spurs with school friends. You didn't need online diaries and everything booked in advance. It was often a spur of the moment decision. "Ogh look it's stopped raining why don't you go to the football,"
Even in my late teens/early 20s it was the same.
I remember a mate coming round my house early one saturday morning and saying lets go to QPR away,and we did.It was that easy.

Even in my late teens/early 20s it was the same.
I remember a mate coming round my house early one saturday morning and saying lets go to QPR away,and we did.It was that easy.
QPR away was class. Remember gazza in the warm up looking at the linesman as he did his sprints. Gazza kicked the ball as hard as he could straight into the linesman back then looked away and jogged on. You'd of thought he was choir boy whislt the linesman turned round face of thunder. Trying to work out who did it. Spurs fans pissing themselves.

Back
Top Bottom