Argentina 🇦🇷 v Croatia 🇭🇷 (Tuesday 13th - 7pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I've watched him play in about 15-20 games.

I'm not saying he's a bad player, just that his weakness is against more agile, quick wingers. That's partly because he's so tall and has a higher centre of gravity. Not much he can do about that
And he looks slow. Had a hell of a time keeping up with a 35yo that was dribbling...by him...and again.

also, he has zero idea how to utilize his body to defend space. Terrible decision to situate his body high and allow Messi to get around him...twice.

someone will waste big money on him...

Gvardiol is still a beast, and he will be one of the top defenders in the world.

He’s come up against a man today that has made mugs of some of the best ever defenders to play the game for the last 3 decades.

Any football fan who genuinely wouldn’t be happy to see Lionel Messi crown his career with the World Cup on Sunday must either have a serious chip on their shoulder or are just full time wind up merchants.

We will never, ever, see a player like him again. I’m almost certain of that.
Although Messi no doubt is one of the all-time great players it doesn't mean that everything Messi does is "magic" and "exptional". And in the build up to their 3rd, Gvardioal was beaten too easily. And Gvardiol's not a beast yet but he could well become one of the best CD in the world.
I doubt Messi's WC final opponents - be it France of Morocco - genuinely want Messi to win, though...

I also really really want the Ronaldo fans meltdown
Well I wasn't going to mention that as I know you're Portuguese and didn't know how much you like him.

But yeah, if Messi lifts the World Cup I want journalists to break into his home and film the exact moment he melts into a puddle of grease and tears.

Well I wasn't going to mention that as I know you're Portuguese and didn't know how much you like him.

But yeah, if Messi lifts the World Cup I want journalists to break into his home and film the exact moment he melts into a puddle of grease and tears.
I’m that one guy that my friends go nuclear about because of my love for messi and dislike for Ronaldo. I love to steer them up

He's an incredible athlete who has squeezed the most out of his talent. I just don't think he's a team player.

And he's clearly a cunt.
i was watching madrid with bale and ronaldo, every time bale scored ronaldo never went over to celebrate and that overhead in the cl final with liverpool ronaldo put his hand up thinking its offside. glad bale won the lot but madrid really did kill his talent.

i was watching madrid with bale and ronaldo, every time bale scored ronaldo never went over to celebrate and that overhead in the cl final with liverpool ronaldo put his hand up thinking its offside. glad bale won the lot but madrid really did kill his talent.
he fell out of love with the game there. such a shame. won the lot but was it really worth falling out of love with football over it?

ronaldo is so lucky to of been at madrid with all them players. swap ronaldo for any top striker and they win just as much, would argue they would of been an even better side if they had lewandowski instead. bet ronaldo hated it madrid won it again recently without him. ive never seen a player who is so self centred in a team sport, doesnt even look happy if his team scores if its not him getting the goal, thats not what football is about.

I’m that one guy that my friends go nuclear about because of my love for messi and dislike for Ronaldo. I love to steer them up
Ironic that you have a homelander profile, cos Ronaldo is basically football homelander. It's actually creepy how much Ronaldo is like homelander.

We're really lucky Ronaldo hasn't got laser eyes and shit.

Back
Top Bottom