Argentinian internationals and Quarantine

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Argentina boss Lionel Scaloni said it was disappointing a resolution could not be found before the game got under way.

"It makes me very sad," he said. "I am not looking for any culprit. If something happened or did not happen, it was not the time to make that intervention.

"It should have been a party for everyone, to enjoy the best players in the world. I would like the people of Argentina to understand that as a coach I have to defend my players.

"At no time were we notified that they couldn't play the match. We wanted to play the match, the Brazilian footballers too."

The Argentine Football Association said the team had been in Brazil since 3 September and had complied with all the health protocols.

"Football should not experience these kinds of episodes that undermine the sportsmanship of such an important competition," it said.

Brazilian Football Confederation president Ednaldo Rodrigues criticised the health officials for the timing of their intervention.

"I feel sorry for all the sports fans who wanted to watch the game on television," he told Brazil's Sportv.

"With all due respect to Anvisa, they could have resolved this earlier and not waited for the game to start."

Pantomime...

This shows the genius of Lucas Moura. Don't get picked, problem solved.

GIF by Identity

As stated on twitter, Willian and Perriera both signed for Brazilian clubs flew directly from the UK and were unvieled in the stadium to the fans

This is Brazil just making a statement and not being happy

Also the FA put pressure on the whole team to play otherwise they may lose their spot for the World Cup

of the 22 players that started last night 3 we're not based in Europe.

could we not have just played this game in Spain FFS

As stated on twitter, Willian and Perriera both signed for Brazilian clubs flew directly from the UK and were unvieled in the stadium to the fans
I know it doesn't make sense but they were both apparently exempt because Brazil's rules don't apply to people born or living in Brazil

E-jIEqnXEAE5XvJ

Don't speak portuguese but think the top bit says the restrictions do not apply to: native brazilians

This is Brazil just making a statement and not being happy

Also the FA put pressure on the whole team to play otherwise they may lose their spot for the World Cup
I read (on a twitter thread but seemed legit) the rules were for non-Brazilian nationals so wouldn't apply

Airfixx Airfixx I thought we were obliged to release them? why are they getting fined then?

I'm operating on the standard basis that clubs are obligated to release players for international duty and the fact that FIFA came out last week insisting that players affected by this scenario MUST (contrary to any requests made/agreed by the EPL clubs) report for international duty.

There's a lot of conflict and contradiction surrounding this issue atm.....

Lets see what the basis of these alleged fines are.

At some point there'll be legal detail to all this that we (the layman gen. public) won't be party to.

I know it doesn't make sense but they were both apparently exempt because Brazil's rules don't apply to people born or living in Brazil

E-jIEqnXEAE5XvJ

Don't speak portuguese but think the top bit says the restrictions do not apply to: native brazilians
So an English man married to a Brazilian, living here, decide to fly to Brazil tomorrow. He will have to isolate, but she won't? Where is the logic or reason in that?

of the 22 players that started last night 3 we're not based in Europe.

could we not have just played this game in Spain FFS

Would you be happy, if our home league game with Woolwich was at a neutral ground? It's complex.

Back
Top Bottom