Aston Villa (A) - 9th April - 530 KO.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just heard Lloris say Conte sorted out out a few things at half time to help the midfield protect the defence better and deal with Coutinho. Which was exactly what was needed. Their 3+Coutinho was mullering our midfield first half.

I went back and watched bits of that second half and I think maybe he had Son drop in to form a CM3 when they had the ball. Odd choice to use Son, but maybe it was because most danger went down our inside left channel, so Son dropping into the in side right channel meant Hojbjerg could shuffle into that more threatening right channel.

On top of the tactical midfield disadvantage Hojbjerg and Bentancur were also just really poor. Both constantly turning back when they had ground ahead of them or the chance to look forwards. I noticed almost immediately after ht, Hojbjerg received ball with two men up his arse and instead of doing what he'd done the whole first half, which was hot potato it back to Dier, he spun and played it forwards which got us moving. He'd definitely had a fucking rocket up his arse at HT.

The Kane and Son show aside, we are starting to score some proper goals now. Team goals. My favourite type. The fourth was one of those. It starts off with Emerson (who once again was OK this game once Conte got us tactically better set up) to Kulusevski, back to Emerson who squeezes it inside under pressure to Hojbjerg, who moves it onto Kane, onto Son who slips a delightful little ball to Kulusevski (who's made the ground to get back into the move) who cooly sits that cunt Mings on his arse before picking out Son with a perfect pass, who finishes cooly.

We were tactically so bad first half, all wrong, completely outnumbered in midfield which allowed Coutinho to run the half, on top of that we lost Doherty early to a diabolical tackle, and were really lucky to be up at HT. Second half the structural tweaks helped, the early goal deflated them further, and the sheer quality of our attackers when they are at it, turned this into the proverbial game of two halves. we ended up turning 56/44 possession first half into 47/53 second.

The ref was also a massively incompetent cunt.

Last edited:
Is there any cocks left to be sucked? Great win!
Always mine!
Sexy Jake Gyllenhaal GIF

Can’t decide what to do first

Browse AVFC forums
Browse Woolwich Mania
Watch Woolwich fan tv
Re watch game
Follow match hashtags on twitter
Wank

So many things I neeeeeed to do!

Managed to get a lot done tonight

Laugh at AVFC forums match thread
Wank
Laugh harder at Woolwich mania meltdown
Wank
Split sides laughing at AFTV and twitter
Wank
Re-watch match
Wank
Watch match of the day
Wank
Wank

Hi Spurs fans

Congrats on the win. After the results had gone your way earlier, I had a feeling it was going to be your
day walking to the ground.

Certainly felt that way by half time after conceding a sloppy goal virtually straight away and then dominating without taking our chances. Fair play to Lloris, who was top drawer in the first half.

We had to get the second goal in the game while we were on top and didn't get it. With Spurs quality, you are always running the risk of getting hit with a sucker punch and once the second went in, there was no way back. Half time came at a good time for Spurs and Conte obviously made the necessary tweaks to change the momentum. A sign of a top manager.

You were clinical when the chances came your way and we definitely weren't.

After the shambles of the North London Derby being called off, I'll definitely be cheering you on that night and all the best for the rest of the season.
I can not let this slide without questioning. What the hell were you thinking givin Steven G the manager position?

Us getting more yellow cards than Villa is totally fucking sick and has pissed me right off. They kicked the fuck out of us.

Sometimes it’s hard to decide if the refs are incompetent or just plain corrupt.

Anyway, after that, top 4 is ours and Antonio Conte is the best thing to happen to this club in decades.

Up the fucking yids!

Just heard Lloris say Conte sorted out out a few things at half time to help the midfield protect the defence better and deal with Coutinho. Which was exactly what was needed. Their 3+Coutinho was mullering our midfield first half.

I went back and watched bits of that second half and I think maybe he had Son drop in to form a CM3 when they had the ball. Odd choice to use Son, but maybe it was because most danger went down our inside left channel, so Son dropping into the in side right channel meant Hojbjerg could shuffle into that more threatening right channel.

On top of the tactical midfield disadvantage Hojbjerg and Bentancur were also just really poor. Both constantly turning back when they had ground ahead of them or the chance to look forwards. I noticed almost immediately after ht, Hojbjerg received ball with two men up his arse and instead of doing what he'd done the whole first half, which was hot potato it back to Dier, he spun and played it forwards which got us moving. He'd definitely had a fucking rocket up his arse at HT.

The Kane and Son show aside, we are starting to score some proper goals now. Team goals. My favourite type. The fourth was one of those. It starts off with Emerson (who once again was OK this game once Conte got us tactically better set up) to Kulusevski, back to Emerson who squeezes it inside under pressure to Hojbjerg, who moves it onto Kane, onto Son who slips a delightful little ball to Kulusevski (who's made the ground to get back into the move) who cooly sits that cunt Mings on his arse before picking out Son with a perfect pass, who finishes cooly.

We were tactically so bad first half, all wrong, completely outnumbered in midfield which allowed Coutinho to run the half, on top of that we lost Doherty early to a diabolical tackle, and were really lucky to be up at HT. Second half the structural tweaks helped, the early goal deflated them further, and the sheer quality of our attackers when they are at it, turned this into the proverbial game of two halves. we needed up turning 56/44 possession first half into 47/53 second.

The ref was also a massively incompetent cunt.
The fourth one actually starts with a lovely turn from Kulu in the RB position to get away from Ramsey I think, he then feeds Emerson and sets off his way. Lovely stuff.

Couldn't watch the game live. Played it early in the morning on Optus sports without looking at the result.

I don't know what Conte said in the sheds, but Im guessing that's why he is an elite manager.

The second half was sublime.

Massive shoutout to our Captain. Couple of great stops.

Back
Top Bottom