Aston Villa v Tottenham Hotspur - Sunday 10th March

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I get that mate, it's just that I don't have the trust in the team right now.
Football is a funny old game, any result is possible, I don't think the team will get 3 points at villa, but you never know.
It would just be nice if we went 2 or even 3 up before we conceded.
But then, a bit like early last season, going 1 down seems to be what wakes us up.

Yes but a lot of them we give away . How does this happen with two, supposedly, top centre halves .
Liverpool, in the last few games, have kept clean sheets, but god knows how. Concede loads of chances.
we were by far the better team v Villa and blew it, Would think we can keep improving as everyone gets fitter.

We play a hyper-aggressive high risk style. To be fair we are only 6th in goals conceded. Not bad considering this is all very new, we were missing both CBs for a decent number of games, had a few bad bounces, penalties, etc. Man City and Pool used to give away alot of goals in their early days. Liverpool especially, still lives on quite a thin line with the number of goals they concede. Sometimes their defense looks horrid and others top-notch. That's kind of what top-of-the-line aggressive football is. Last year they were tied for 7th in goals conceded, this year 2nd. Last year Newcastle was tied for 1st in GA, this year they are 12th.

Yes that's right, I created the argument :harrylol:

Go and read this whole entire exchange back, you're the one who got sand in their vagina when I pointed out what you said was inaccurate and then you have a full blown meltdown from then on.
Which leads me to believe you're like this in real life too. Sad.

.......So is this counter narrative that you're shoe-horning in.

I'm not preaching conspiracies, or that we've been targeted, but it is what it is..... If you think we have enjoyed a fair balance of decisions over the course of this season and that they've 'evened out' then so be it; but I don't think that's true..... At all.

Gil & Sonny have both been subjected to minor assaults; but we can't fucking buy a penalty.

Outside of penalties in many games the opponents seem to have been allowed to kick us to bits, but oddly we amassed the most cards. Man City and Forrest fouled us a ridiculous amount of times and walked away with hardly any cautions.

I have no proof that there is some grand conspiracy nor could I but I have completely lost faith in the league to officiate a fair competition. It’s been a very weird year.

Getting similar vibes as Newcastle away from last year. Team on the up, fighting for everything and fans desperate for success.

Course we’re a different team from last year but we’ve got to be strong and give them nothing.

Do that and utilise Son, Johnson and Timo’s pace and we can cause them problems.

1-2 and a valuable 3 points.

Think everyone will be expecting us out to get revenge for Cash on Bentancur. Ange will be telling them 100% nobody go looking for revenge.

Villa will be looking to shithouse and bait us into bad tackles and the refs will be looking to let them get away with it. The narrative is just there waiting for us like the Chelsea game.

I’d like to see us diving and making the most of every contact. Threatening to turn every foul by them into a full on brawl. Force the official to ref the game and make it about football.

If it’s about football we win 3-1.
Mind says your right.

Gut says smash the cunt. (And then do it again for good measure)

Decisions, Decisions!

Oh I am soo sorry. I temporarily forgot that this is YOUR forum and everything YOU think is ABSOLUTELY RIGHT and nobody else has the right to voice an opinion unless it meets with YOUR approval, you pathetic excuse for a cunt. You and your opinions are worth nothing - zilch - nada, you freak.

Mate don’t rise to Shadydan Shadydan . Bloke is not a spurs fan and he has no friends.

Probably currently sat in his basement in his unwashed 5 day old pants, wanking off to The Waltons and stuffing his face with mouldy chocolate digestives.

Actually, that's how your argument came across. If anyone needs to delete to save face, it's you.

Confused Eyes GIF by MOODMAN

you posted it - therefore you are responsible for how it is read and assessed.

Then, seemingly - you think the way to dispute the accusation that your response was childish, is to post an equally childish and asinine reply to me.

still it clears the issue up, albeit not in the way you hoped.

ok

Getting similar vibes as Newcastle away from last year. Team on the up, fighting for everything and fans desperate for success.

Course we’re a different team from last year but we’ve got to be strong and give them nothing.

Do that and utilise Son, Johnson and Timo’s pace and we can cause them problems.

1-2 and a valuable 3 points.

They'll be a threat with the attacking players they have but they looked so vulnerable against Luton at the back. If the pace and movement of Morris and Ogbene can cause them all sorts of problems as they did in the second half then the likes of Son and Johnson most certainly can.

Back
Top Bottom