Aston villa vs Spurs Sunday 21st March 19:30 Sky Sports

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So impressed with Rodon, the lad just needs to start more in order to gain confidence

He is strong, pretty quick, good in the air, read the game well and decent on the ball. All the bits for a top CB are there, he needs experience and game time but I much prefer him to Dier.

It's fine, Villa are pressing fairly well, but I want Lo Celso coming back to link when Ndombele or Hojbjerg have got it. Way too much of someone having to dribble through a few players to get forward.

I hate Mourinho has much as the next guy but that was a perfectly okay performance away with a team that has not played together before against a decent mid-table side.

Have Villa had a decent chance? Seems okay to me.

Not too bad that half. Mike Dean has been a bit quiet and will probably be spending the next 15 mins plotting up ways of getting into the headlines and fucking us over the follicly challenged fucker

Villa without grealish is really harmless
Tanganga did well so far
Rodon does the easy things which i like
Lucas is a warrior
For me ndombele man of the match until now

But we had only 1 shot on target
No movement with the ball
Ndombele allways needs to dribble to create some space but they foul him every time

When Vinicius first arrived I was pretty optimistic, but he seems to be very bog standard. Not seen one thing about him that sets him apart. I guess at least he's not Rasiak

Yes but he seems to score, even if that was a tap ins. When he has played which is almost entirely cup games he does know where the net is. Most of our back ups prior have not.

Struggling badly with the Villa press on our back 4 and progressing the ball up the pitch. Hopefully we can make some tweaks at half time so we can get some joy in that respect. Or at least have Harry / Vini split and run the channels either side or something.

One reason Hojbjerg can't move it up is that Ndombele doesn't give him an option. So we end up with about 12 short passes going nowhere.

Like I said, centre midfield is a big problem in this team. Only one of them, but we are a long way from having a decent combination there.

We must be seeing different things, without Ndomble Hjoberg is in trouble because he can't beat defenders with his passing, Ndombele saves him many times by taking the ball and making the difficult passes or runs.

Everyone looks savaged. But especially the back line. Once again, there's very little clear way through from the defence to the forwards, except via hoofball. Not bad but still huge problems. Wouldn't be surprised if a rallying cry in the dressing room could get Villa right back on top.

Back
Top Bottom