Away to Elton John's men, London Derby - 28/12/15 15:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Its yours, you deserve it.
Moh2.jpg

I've had a decent chat about the game with one or two but most of them are obsessed with us celebrating a last minute winner or the fact that the ref is a twat for sending Ake off?? they are pretty clueless.
They seem obsessed with Woolwich as well. all they keep going on about is how much Woolwich have won..i think Watford must be a part of Woolwich..

I've had a decent chat about the game with one or two but most of them are obsessed with us celebrating a last minute winner or the fact that the ref is a twat for sending Ake off?? they are pretty clueless.
They seem obsessed with Woolwich as well. all they keep going on about is how much Woolwich have won..i think Watford must be a part of Woolwich..
my favourite was them claiming that they were more recently 2nd in the top flight than we were

as if everything else didn't matter, and only happened in black and white(?)

you know the old saying about arguing with idiots don't you?

Usual suspects in here picking our performance apart.

We don't have the consistency of Bayern Munich. What a fucking crime.

Amazing time to be a Spurs fan, and winning games like that is the hallmark of champions. Whilst I don't believe we're going to win the league (top 4 is still very much our priority), it's games like that where we'd normally bottle it.

2-1. 3 points. Away from home to one of the form teams in the league. 2 days after brushing Norwich aside, who'd just beaten Man Utd on their patch.

Seriously, any Spurs fan not enjoying this season has unrealistic expectations.
Exactly! This year we are going into games expecting a result and feeling disappointed when we lose.
It wasn't so long ago we were just resigned to the fact we would lose to certain teams.
Some just aint happy, being happy :)

Last edited:
Exactly! This year we are going into games expecting a result and feeling disappointed when we lose.
It wasn't so long ago we were just resigned top the fact we would lose to certain teams.
Some just aint happy, being happy :)
I doubt there's a more exciting squad of players on the continent right now, and we have a state of the art training ground and stadium to follow, as well as the entire area of Tottenham being rejuvenated.

All sounds doom and gloom to me.

I doubt there's a more exciting squad of players on the continent right now, and we have a state of the art training ground and stadium to follow, as well as the entire area of Tottenham being rejuvenated.

All sounds doom and gloom to me.
Add to that fact a team that are a unit,and genuinely play for each other.A manager who loves being here and is taking us in the right direction....
Wrist slitting time obviously

Yep
On second look, the Twatford defender on Tripper had Son on.
Funny how none of them put their hands up until the ball went in.
They remind me of the Woolwich sides of Graham. Onion Bag did a great spoof of the new woolwich home shirt some years ago. Watford should have one. It was a better version of My two bob hasty mock up:
mRFlMaK.jpg

What about Leicester? Palace? Watford? Even West Ham are still piecing enough points together to stay in touching distance. It's far from just the usual suspects in the running this year.

If we're fighting for 3rd at the end of the season it won't be with any of them. I could be wrong, granted, but I'm pretty confident we'll finish ahead of all of those. Even given their respective outstanding seasons to date we're still 4 up on Palace, 6 on West Ham and Watford and only 3 behind Leicester.

If they're still with us in March I'll take them seriously as rivals, but right now, I don't see it.

Two wins and we could be top. Isn't it exciting?
don't paint me as a pessimist
pragmatist possibly...........

The point I'm making is that the points spread is so small, all results are capable of great movement amongst the top ten teams.

We have shown that whilst we are a steady team, we lack the true potential to kill off matches and see them out. I just hope that Levy can see this and actually stump up some money for some effective signings.

Like Benzema or Modric.....
or both

don't paint me as a pessimist
pragmatist possibly...........

The point I'm making is that the points spread is so small, all results are capable of great movement amongst the top ten teams.

We have shown that whilst we are a steady team, we lack the true potential to kill off matches and see them out. I just hope that Levy can see this and actually stump up some money for some effective signings.

Like Benzema or Modric.....
or both
But what we've also shown is the ability not to lose too often, therefore denying our rivals of 3 points and preventing such dramatic swings in positional places. I know a lot have moaned about our draws this season, saying 1 win is better than 3 draws but that's not always the case. In fact, 2 draws can be better than a win and a loss depending on the opponents, as denying your rivals 3 points is very effective in maintaining position in the table.

two losses and we could be tenth

I'm sorry Mick, but that is an absolute lie.

Worst case scenario is no. 7, unless Watford and Stoke gain respectively 12 and 17 goals on us in goal difference, then the worst case scenario is no. 9.

Given of course that we lose both our games while the rest of top 4-10 will win all of theirs (which can't happen as some play against each other in the next two rounds, hence your scare example is impossible)

Last edited:

Mate, that thread is comedy gold. They are without doubt the most deluded 'fans' I have had the misfortune to read.

I really don't know where to start.

Back
Top Bottom