Bale Madrid... it's Real!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Your assumption that by packing him off to Spain somehow sky will cripple BT. they have a very clear plan as far as I can see, offer sport for free in order to win over broadband customers.

All this "sky are against us" nonsense makes us all sound like Liverpool fans.

They are what they are, a tabloid sports news outlet that will always play up any news to the most dramatic effect.

No one is going to sign up for sky simply for the Spanish league with or without Bale. So him going to Spain doesn't really strengthen their already strong position over BT much.
You have to admit that Murdochs company mantra is "Crush, Kill, Destroy" no exceptions ;legally or otherwise.

Your assumption that by packing him off to Spain somehow sky will cripple BT. they have a very clear plan as far as I can see, offer sport for free in order to win over broadband customers.

All this "sky are against us" nonsense makes us all sound like Liverpool fans.

They are what they are, a tabloid sports news outlet that will always play up any news to the most dramatic effect.

No one is going to sign up for sky simply for the Spanish league with or without Bale. So him going to Spain doesn't really strengthen their already strong position over BT much.
Sky aren't against us. They're against BT.

We're just collateral damage.

While Bale going to Spain isn't going to hurt BT in a huge way, it does give Sky a chance to screw over BT and then rub it in. Advertising isn't the be all and end all of a business like BT but when a large part of a planned campaign is effectively shut down before it has really kicked off, it means BT has wasted a boat load of money and lost any momentum they may make with Bale as their face of the Premier League. It'd be like Tiger Woods signing a huge, 200mil, 10 year deal with Nike six months before he got busted cheating on his misses with 20 hookers. Nike wouldn't go bust but their brand will take a hit.

Bale can come out at this point and say I like to wear white shirts and crawl back to his hiding place leaving everyone enraged all the same

He looks a little pissed off. I wonder why.

One side of the street.
1375789350_689829_1375789622_noticia_grande.jpg

The other ....
Harry%20Redknapp%20Car%20Window.jpg

Twitter is currently booming with speculation at fever pitch levels.

"Well, if Bale is injured, then Luis Suarez is injured, and Wayne Rooney is injured, they must all be suffering from 'transferitis.' "

Twitter logic at its finest.

I'd prefer Bale wasn't lumped in with those mugs to be honest. It's amazing what social media and the press is doing to villainize the likes of Gareth Bale. Suarez has already done that to himself---he needs no helping hand from the media.

If you're a BT broadband customer you can get BT Sports on your Sky box and their version of Skyplayer on your computer. BT Sports HD will cost you £3 extra though.

Back
Top Bottom