Barcelona fire sale

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just release him and pay him his salary - he can join Jack Wilshere’s new side

Problem is it sets a precedent that other unscrupulous players and agents would follow.

I susprect keeping him until 31 January and releasing him the days after transfer window closes (so he cannot sign for another club until summer) is probably the way forward.

But if he signs for another club this summer, even better

Emerson. Maybe Dembele to play RW, but he makes like 230kpw and obviously has injury problems. Son - Kane - Dembele front three would be lethal.

Coutinho will be in the PL somewhere next year.

Paratici knows Pjanic very well, I trust him to make the right choice there. He might be finished, but that’s what AC Milan thought of Pirlo too and Paratici knew better.

What concerns me with Pjanic is the EPL. Its one thing playing in Serie A, a little more intense La liga, but the EPL is a whole different level physically. He's 31, looks like he might be on the slide, Im not sure thats the move he should make.

As a player, I get it, but as a player, at this stage? Im not so sure.

Id be very happy witha loan, win-win really. Barca drop his wages and we are essentially risk free.

As to Coutinho, Ive never really understood the clamour of many to have him back (I realise you didnt say that directly). Good player, but we just dont need him. Someone right sided would be better - talk of Mahrez earlier RE City wanting Kane? Total sense. Coutinho? Nope.

If he plays in the attack he treads on Sonnys toes, and if he plays AM he treads on NDombele/LoCelsos.

He's a good player, but over rated IMO and simply not what we need

I doubt we will. Starting to think the Pjanic links are just nonsense to get us interested. Seems like the player wants to go back to Juve anyway. His transfer there was interesting though. By interesting I mean strange…check this Twitter thread out.

With Paratici on board we are going to be linked to endless Juve players, ex Juve players, and Juve targets. Its just the nature of things.

Following on from this excellent thread what players would you take at Barcelona.
It seems most players are not 'untouchable' and that a lot of their players are for sale.

Pjanic is one I would definitely take especially if he was free.
Coutinho on loan is one I'd take too. Fixes our CAM problem and has Premier league pedigree.
They also have two very talented RB'S . Perhaps they sell one of them. Us a team who needs a RB we should be trying to get one of them.

Wouldn't go for Umtiti who for me is way past it.

So my question for this thread, Who would you/wouldn't you go for from Barcelona for TOTTENHAM

Back
Top Bottom