BELIEVE

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Such a defeatist attitude in here.

Regardless of the team, why can't we win all 3 games this week?

Not accounting for any referee incompetence.

I posted this just after the Newcastle game when everyone was in a shit mood.

What a difference a week makes.

I'd like this thread to be about positivity and belief.

Let's believe in the players, staff, club.

I genuinely believe this result against United is a mentality changer. Winning 1-6 at Old Trafford is a serious statement.

COYS!!!!!

:tobyarm: :mourbringit::mourthumb:

Where Poch made us dare... José will make us do!!

COYS!!
Yes i disagree with the pathetic needless jab at Poch. No need to even bring him up but you always need to try and jab at him again.
Wait wait, is that really a jab at Poch? I read it as a positive - he took us to another level and had us all believe (albeit to fall just short and suffer heartbreak). It's hoping José takes that good work and sees us across the line to win silverware.

I don't see the need to infight.

This Tottenham side is good enough to win the league. They won’t win the league but it won’t be because they can’t. Most of my life I have supported a Spurs side that can’t win the league.

I'm enjoying the moment, but too long in the tooth to expect things to stay rosy and think that one spectacular result will be the catalyst for us to win the league.

However, it's OK for me to be pessimistic, that really doesn't matter, and I would be the happiest person in the world if we did it. I hope we get to see it in the flesh.

We just need the players and coaching team to have the belief to be successful, and for Jose to instil a winners mentality, which he has already started to do.

At the moment I am most definitely at the "reason to hope" stage. A few more results like last Sunday and then I really will start to believe we have a title challenging side.
Top three at Christmas then I will be totally fucking convinced we can do it !
Exciting times ahead.

Last edited:
This Tottenham side is good enough to win the league. They won’t win the league but it won’t be because they can’t. Most of my life I have supported a Spurs side that can’t win the league.
Hillarious.
Love it.
Don't know if you are coming or going.
SPURSY.

Bale's return wouldn't make my Top 20 if I'm honest.

Off the top of my head and in no particular order...

Foundation of the club
Election to the League
2 Leagues
8 FA Cups
3 European trophies
Death of Bill Nicholson
Building of WHL
Building of New WHL
Signing of Ossie and Ricky
Signing of Klinsmann

Probably quite a few more moments if I put my mind to it.

Think you missed World record profit and largest megastore??? What’s wrong with you man!!

I’m a pretty optimistic supporter. The last 12 - 15 years have been pretty impressive and substantially more so when compared to the same time period prior which is when I began as a fan.

We’ve been slowly building something at this club with the training ground and the stadium not to mention the steady rise up the European club rankings. Even though I think we have had the best starting 11 in the league once, if not twice, in the last 5/6 years, we have been let down due to missing some ingredients: squad depth, winning mentality and luck. I think with the recent additions, we now have a really good squad with the most important being a backup to Kane. We want to be able to put our best team out against the toughest teams and we need them to be fresh, this allows us to do that. Jose, along with his recent recruits, also bring that winning mentality which is incredibly important. Not sure if people noticed but if we can get out our preferred starting 11, we will have 4 national team captains in Lloris, Son, Kane and Bale. You get picked captain because you’ve got a strong head on yeah and these 4 do. The last is luck which is something we’re not known for. We need the last minute peno against Newcastle types games to disappear and we can’t have another injury crisis. I think one of the reasons Liverpool have done so well over the last two years is because they’ve been able to field their best 11 on countless occasions.

With all this, I’m cautiously optimistic. All of the other top 6 teams have flopped in at least one game so I don’t think we’ll see that runaway leader like we have in the last two seasons in the league. I still think the objective should be top 4 and a cup, preferably the Europa. Let’s not get ahead of ourselves just yet as we’ve been doing great in seasons all the way up to February but this week sure felt good. If we can get to the League Cup final and win, at the same time be within 5 points of the league leaders and still in the other cups, then I will really start to believe this will be a special year.

COYS!!

Bale's return wouldn't make my Top 20 if I'm honest.

Off the top of my head and in no particular order...

Foundation of the club
Election to the League
2 Leagues
8 FA Cups
3 European trophies
Death of Bill Nicholson
Building of WHL
Building of New WHL
Signing of Ossie and Ricky
Signing of Klinsmann

Probably quite a few more moments if I put my mind to it.
For me one such moment has to be the last game against Utd before the ground shut down for the rebuild. The atmosphere that day was one of such mixed emotions. Wonderful memories as I entered mixing with expectations and hopes as I left. Still get choked thinking about it.

Back
Top Bottom