Ben Davies

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Its only just dawned on me that with Rose not even training with the squad yet, if Ben gets a knock we're fucked. In those training videos released yesterday rose is nowhere to be seen, which means Lamela is probably closer to a return then Rose is. . .

Its only just dawned on me that with Rose not even training with the squad yet, if Ben gets a knock we're fucked. In those training videos released yesterday rose is nowhere to be seen, which means Lamela is probably closer to a return then Rose is. . .
KWP can play on both sides so he can deputize on both ends. Vertonghen can also move out on the flank and we can drop Dier down in the 3 back.

But yeah, it isn't ideal.

Pocchettino is an outrageous developer of talent, hence Ross Barkley bailing on Chelsea to wait for a January move here.

Credit to Davies, he's maximising every ounce of potential he has and really does look the part now.

He's been amazing for Wales too and I love the guy!

My only issue - and it's my fault cos he's not that type of player - is that I found myself screaming at him a few times last night to face up his man and take him on. For me, it the only thing I wish he could do better.

This is why we shouldnt be writing Trippier off either......2 weeks ago both were deemed un fit for our targets.

Now Davies has just run the left side against Dortmund for 90 minutes
If anybody can elevate Trippier to another level, it is Poch! I am not going to write off Trippier, but obviously Aurier is miles ahead of him, so it's only good if Trippier gets better!

This is why we shouldnt be writing Trippier off either......2 weeks ago both were deemed un fit for our targets.

Now Davies has just run the left side against Dortmund for 90 minutes
I can't agree I'm afraid. Davies has the technical ability to effect a game with quick passing and the ability to run beyond and come inside to join attacks. Tripp's just doesn't do this, his only weapon is an early ball into the box or if we are playing against a team that sits deep he can whip crosses in. This crosses are all very low percentage opportunities, he lumped endless crosses in against Chelsea and they were all easily defended.

It would be interesting to see if this plays well for us now that we have Llorente to aim at, I think he is better in the air than Kane but even when people have said Tripp's has had a "good game" he has struggled in that very same match too (Watford and Burnley).

He is by some distance our weakest link and a long way behind Davies ability OMO.

My main point is that Davies looked like the worse player at times last season.....We´ll see, but I have evry faith in the player and Poch turning him into a very competent stand in for Aurier
I've got every faith in Poch finding a system to deal with Tripp's inefficiencies, as he has already done, but if I were a betting man (I'm not) I think Walker-Peters will end the season as our number two, as he just looks better equipped to be an attacking FB and one that can build play rather than lumping it into the box.

Has been really good this season, always been a reasonable player but while he does have Rose's pace otherwise it's been good.

He has been fantastic this season, only thing being held against him is Rose is the best LB on the planet when on form.
Davies is so much more efficient going forward. Might not be as dynamic as Rose, but his positional awareness and passing is more over-thought than the game of Rose.

Last 8 games: 2 goals, 4 assists and a handful of created chances. Almost got another goal against BVB.

Back
Top Bottom