Ben Davies

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

£12m is insane. The lad is a decent left back but hes not £12m for fucks sake

If its £6m and Gylfi then that makes sense from a wages POV and the fact he probably is surplus to requirements but £12m? Jeez

We paid quite a bit for siggy. I would imagine if he was involved in a swap, it will be a loan. I can't see it being 6 million plus siggy. Lev won't get fucked that hard financially.

I think we paid something like £7m for Sig, so yeah i see your point... In general swap deals dont happen so id still be surprised if it came off. I certainly wouldnt want us to pay £12m for Davies though, thats bonkers cash.

Personally I would pay £15m for Ben Davies.

2 years PL experience, young and looks to be very promising. A smart buy imo when you see Shaw going for £30m.

I don't want to sound insulting, but that is a ludicrous amount for Davies. I don't even think that £12 mil is a reasonable amount. I wouldn't pay a dime over £8 mil. Shaw went for FAR to much and just cause Man U was willing to throw money away, doesn't mean we at Spurs should.

I don't want to sound insulting, but that is a ludicrous amount for Davies. I don't even think that £12 mil is a reasonable amount. I wouldn't pay a dime over £8 mil. Shaw went for FAR to much and just cause Man U was willing to throw money away, doesn't mean we at Spurs should.

Unfortunately we have precedent of throwing away money but previously we did it for players we didn't need and players not good enough.
We have a chance to sign a young LB (a position we need improving) for a price that will be justified after is first 2/3 years at the club.

IMO we wouldn't be able to get a better LB with less risk. Sure you can buy Ricardo Rodriquez but he could easily flop as so many have before.

Unfortunately we have precedent of throwing away money but previously we did it for players we didn't need and players not good enough.
We have a chance to sign a young LB (a position we need improving) for a price that will be justified after is first 2/3 years at the club.

IMO we wouldn't be able to get a better LB with less risk. Sure you can buy Ricardo Rodriquez but he could easily flop as so many have before.

I absolutely agree that we have a tendency to over spend.

You didn't know who he was 10 days ago, now you know he's not a dime over £8 mill. How so?

You all worry about the price when Levy will clearly sell Rose to some desperate schmucks for more than we pay for Davies anyway.
We always turn a profit, no matter what.

Problem is pal, you wouldnt pay a dime over 8 million, but lots of other clubs probably would. If we take that attitude we wont be signing anyone. If Poch wants him, we need to act like a big club and fucking get him.

That's a fair comment but who would you get for LB?

As others have mentioned: That's the kind of price players like this go for. Promising/proven homegrown with PL experience=high price. Deal with it. Nobody should be surprised about the price of Shaw or Davies.

There are lots of leftbacks in the world, i would expect that our scouts have seen quite a few in the Bundesliga, the French league etc etc - surely there must be better deals out there than £12m for Davies, just because hes Welsh?

There are lots of leftbacks in the world, i would expect that our scouts have seen quite a few in the Bundesliga, the French league etc etc - surely there must be better deals out there than £12m for Davies, just because hes Welsh?

I don't get what you mean by better deals elsewhere?

Personally I'm not too trusting of our scouts ability to pick a good player for the right price.

And when it comes to Eriksen, the only major success of our "magnificent seven", he would have been bought by half the country for £12m.

I would much rather pay 15m for Ben Davies than pay £10m on a complete gamble.

Back
Top Bottom