Ben Davies

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There's the argument of course that Ledley wouldn't have stayed at Tottenham if he'd been fully fit and therefore the best English centre half around.

I think Benjamin's point stands unfortunately, the players who are good enough to play champs league regularly and fight for titles, aren't going to want to stay here long term. But we've been lucky enough to see so many amazing players and although they tend to leave due to the quality of the team around them, the ratio has been changing in the right direction for ages now.

It helps there not being a solidified top four any more, means players like that can believe in us a bit more

We were crap for the majority of Ledley's career, truly great players are the ones that stay, not the ones that leave :soldadowatch:

I'm not knocking Ledley at all.

Maybe I should've said the MASSIVE majority would leave. Hell, he's even said himself that if he had stayed healthy he doesn't know if he would have stayed at Spurs.

If Davies comes in with Naughts going the other way we could be happy with that.
If true that is a good compromise for club and player.
As for quality backup for Walker, if game/s are too big for Fredericks we could always drop Vlad or Kabs in that spot.
Sure Freds could handle Villa, QPR etc but a top 6 opposition I would opt for one of the experienced players.

If Davies comes in with Naughts going the other way we could be happy with that.
If true that is a good compromise for club and player.
As for quality backup for Walker, if game/s are too big for Fredericks we could always drop Vlad or Kabs in that spot.
Sure Freds could handle Villa, QPR etc but a top 6 opposition I would opt for one of the experienced players.

Personally I'd have Kaboul as back up right back for a year if we gotta lose Naughts. We've got some good youngsters coming thru so perhaps over the next year one will come close to making the breakthrough

This season I would rather not shift our back four around every bloody game. How many centre back pairings did we use in total last season? Must have been at least a club record. I mean at one point we had Sandro and fryers for god's sake. The best sides tend to have a solid and consistent back 4 (5) who get to know each other. I'd sooner bring in a young full back from the academy than break up our regular centre back duo (whoever it may be) to cover for any absences.

If we can start 75% of our premier league matches with a back four of Davies vertonghen Kaboul/chiriches Walker I'd be happy with that.

Sucks for the squad player who misses out but they will get opportunities due to injury and suspension and of course in the cups

This season I would rather not shift our back four around every bloody game. How many centre back pairings did we use in total last season? Must have been at least a club record. I mean at one point we had Sandro and fryers for god's sake. The best sides tend to have a solid and consistent back 4 (5) who get to know each other. I'd sooner bring in a young full back from the academy than break up our regular centre back duo (whoever it may be) to cover for any absences.

If we can start 75% of our premier league matches with a back four of Davies vertonghen Kaboul/chiriches Walker I'd be happy with that.

Sucks for the squad player who misses out but they will get opportunities due to injury and suspension and of course in the cups
Could not have put it any better

Totally agreed. Unfortunately, the problem seems to be that we are traditionally jinxed when it comes to CB health. All four of Dawson, Vertonghen, Kaboul, and Chiriches had periods where they missed a month or longer. Plus last year Walker and Rose had long injuries as well.

What's going on! Its obvious we want/need a LB. We want that to be Ben Davies. Swansea are prepared to sell for X. Davies presumably want's to come? So why the f**k are we wan**ng around over 2-3 mill!!!!

Get the boy in asap for the pre-season!

It would be complete "b,b,badness" if we don't end up signing Davies because we have dragged our heels over a couple of mill!

The worrying thing is, it would be complete Levy-ish too!!

Back
Top Bottom