Ben Davies

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Why is him going to the US so bad? Are they taking a boat for several months? No internet over there? I'm sure Levy will be pissed if we have to fly him back, but still..minor issue.
Levy uses Ryan Air so he is covered vouchers !

Last edited:
You all worry about the price when Levy will clearly sell Rose to some desperate schmucks for more than we pay for Davies anyway.
We always turn a profit, no matter what.

Ode To Levy

You all worry about the price,
when Levy will clearly sell
Rose to some desperate Schmucks
for more than we pay for Davies, anyway.

We always turn a profit, no matter what.

Our LB problem runs deep. It's well known that it's a major issue, and I think that the only way to fill that gap is by completely gutting our LB's. Rose as a backup just means that as soon as he's put on there's our exposed LB. If Davies gets hurt we're putting all of eggs in one basket. Instead of dropping £15 mil on one player, I would much rather see £16 - 18 spent on two.

Our LB problem runs deep. It's well known that it's a major issue, and I think that the only way to fill that gap is by completely gutting our LB's. Rose as a backup just means that as soon as he's put on there's our exposed LB. If Davies gets hurt we're putting all of eggs in one basket. Instead of dropping £15 mil on one player, I would much rather see £16 - 18 spent on two.
And how exactly do you plan on acquiring two left backs for £8/9 million each that are better than Rose?

And how exactly do you plan on acquiring two left backs for £8/9 million each that are better than Rose?

Also applies to BentalebWho BentalebWho

Nicola Murru is available for free, and Juan Bernat would be less than ten mil. We also have Ian Broomfield back, so I very much do trust our scouts now. It does seen that we're primarily targeting Prem-experienced players this summer though.

Also applies to BentalebWho BentalebWho
Nicola Murru is available for free, and Juan Bernat would be less than ten mil. We also have Ian Broomfield back, so I very much do trust our scouts now. It does seen that we're primarily targeting Prem-experienced players this summer though.
Alright, but they are certainly not guaranteed to be any better than Rose. Rose has always been quite highly rated as a youth player and he won player of the season at Sunderland. Based on how some on here rate him it's proof that things can go very fast downhill. I on the other hand think it's proof we should show a little more faith in him.

Also I don't know why people have gradually started giving more stick to the likes of Rose and Pauli as the summer has gone on. It's almost as if people are fixatating on the bad moments/attributes of these players and forgetting everything good they did.

Last edited:

I would rather see us buying the best we can afford, and solve the problem in one go. If that player gets an injury, we have Verts who can cover plus Fryers. Why add to an already bloated squad and take on the wages of 2 inferior players?

Some ITK:
j the yid on ftl:
£9 million + Naughton for Ben Davies
Done deal according to Swansea forums

2 things if true:
First, isn't that a bit too much that we are giving for this deal?
And secondly, if we get rid of Naughton, who's our backup for Walker?
(Unless it means Fredericks is ready, with which I'd be OK.)

Some ITK:

2 things if true:

Id be happy with this too, Fredericks looked good in the Europa & being as im Welsh Naughton would be decent for Swansea, he's like a creative fb so would fit well.

Some ITK:

2 things if true:

£9m + Naughts?

That makes it a £20m deal?

:adegrin::paulinholol::pochsmirk::memelol:

To be fair, not 100% sure I can see Naughts in this pic - is that him next to Chiriches? If not, that ITK might have legs. No reason for him to not be in training, right?

I think that's him though.

BryVoxICQAEkjKz.jpg:large

Some ITK:

2 things if true:

Have strong confidence in Fredericks myself. His performance in the Europa thoroughly impressed, more so for his mentality than anything. Kids just don't respond to a situation like that so resolutely. Mark of a future Prem contributor for sure. It also suggests to me that if we are parting ways with Naughton, Poch also rates Fredericks quite well. It is also high time we Naughton go, as his value would only depreciate from here at his age if he isn't first choice.

To be fair, not 100% sure I can see Naughts in this pic - is that him next to Chiriches? If not, that ITK might have legs. No reason for him to not be in training, right?

I think that's him though.

BryVoxICQAEkjKz.jpg:large
Yeah, he's on Chriches' right. He was in other pics looking not too happy, maybe because Walker's healthy

Back
Top Bottom