Ben Davies

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Had a good game yesterday as had our entire back line.

His only mistake was the fumble with Doherty close to the end.

Defense wise yeah he was alright but we didn't have much to do

He's shocking in attack can't take a man on can't cross he NEEDS to be moved out the first 11 probs fine against the dross in the EL group stages and cup games

PL shouldn't be in the squad

Yes it does. If he didnt pay enough attention to that (the oppositions only real chance)then in all probability he wasnt paying attention to the game.

You're being childishly obtuse.....

He's acknowledging the very incident that has you rattled.

You're being childishly obtuse.....

He's acknowledging the very incident that has you rattled.

1u5zeo.gif

No I'm not.
Well actually you are but its probably intentional.

He thinks he had a good game (which is quite incredible). There is absolutely no way anyone can feel this way unless they were not paying much attention to the game or flat out didnt watch it imo. His post regarding the 'the Doherty incident' indicates just that so I now understand why he feels Davies had a good game.

In regards to his performance he was In reality poor. He made a couple of tackles that you would hope any defender makes but offered the square root of fuck all going forward again and his crosses again were abysmal. He passing was also bad (again) so in reality playing him yesterday was counter productive as all Newcastle did was sit back and we needed some sort of attacking play from our full backs which Doherty provided but Davies did not yet again. He capped his shite performance off by his head down defending nearly resulting in an OG.

Well actually you are but its probably intentional.

No... I understand your where you are coming from.... I'm simply refuting it.

He thinks he had a good game (which is quite incredible). There is absolutely no way anyone can feel this way unless they were not paying much attention to the game or flat out didnt watch it imo.

Your view is NOT gospel. So this statement is hollow.

His post regarding the 'the Doherty incident' indicates just that so I now understand why he feels Davies had a good game.

Nah.... You're just being obtuse as a means to champion your own opinon.

So the guy name-checked the wrong player... It's a secondary, minor detail to his point. Shit happens....

...Doesn't mean to say he wasn't watching or is unable to assess Davies' performance over the course of 90mins. Davies was the one at fault there.... Maybe if the poster had mistaken who'm made the actual error there may be a modicum of value to your 'you can't have been watching' assertion, but the fact is that Doherty was a peripheral figure to the scenario so it's a perfectly 'forgivable' mistake to make given the context of the conversation.

Given how iffy our centre halves are, if Reguillon is going to oust him as No.1 LB, then maybe he should be given a chance at the left sided CB role. I've seen him play there once or twice, and he's been pretty decent (I'd certainly feel more comfortable with him there than Dodgy Dave)

Then made Pogba look like a fool. Great to see Gentle Ben run into the box like that.

Can anybody remember the last time we had a pen at Old Trafford?

Think someone mentioned in the OMT before kick off that we'd never had a penalty awarded at OT in the league or in Cup competitions since the Prem started.

Back
Top Bottom