Big Fat Nacer Chadli.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Cant see it lads, think its a bit of wishful thinking. Not to mention, Villa are going to see us as big rivals, They want to finish top 8, They're not going to help strengthen our team without a fight. This isn't Fifa '14 unfortunately.

Villa - rivals?! Seriously mate, not a chance - not for a few years yet.

Unless you think we are going to stick with Sherwood and go down the pan?

Yeah a high one. 22 year old Belgium international with 3 years left on his contract? It was £25 mill being thrown around when we were allegedly interested last summer, if he has a great world cup theres no way he'll go for less than 30 mill.

the scum need a player like him and have the money, and theres plenty of other teams in the world with cash to burn. Wouldn't be surprised to see Chelsea go in for him either, Ba is hardly setting the world alight there and I'm constantly hearing how Chelsea need to improve their strikers.

Doesn't strike me as being someone we'd sign. ESPECIALLY if Ade and Soldado both stay. we'd never have THREE £25mill + rated strikers in our squad.

Hey don't fight it.... We have highlighted him as the next player who's career we are going to derail so just go with it!!!

No I am a Benteke fan, but this season was a little worrying I think he has had a bit of growing up to do and regretted staying around Oct-Jan when even outside of injury the form dipped but he like Lukaku would be superb if we had in squad, just like Jose got etoo In case Torres still misfired we may have to do same with someone in case bobby struggles again next year

Because he is possibly the perfect (attainable) player for our front line?
Big, strong, fast, skillful, good in the air, good inside/outside the box and holds the ball up well/plays people in to boot.

Yes, this season has been nothing like last for him, but he is a player we could get and if we got him to his best (23 goals in his debut season) he would be a massive player for us

Him and Bony for me, Bony is a Tevez/Suarez bull dog of a player who has about 20 goals for Swansea this season and Benteke is an all rounder like Ade. Bony and Benteke up front would get bunkets of goals. I feel the forward line is our weakest area, with young Kane, poor Bobby and an over worked Ade.

Him and Bony for me, Bony is a Tevez/Suarez bull dog of a player who has about 20 goals for Swansea this season and Benteke is an all rounder like Ade. Bony and Benteke up front would get bunkets of goals. I feel the forward line is our weakest area, with young Kane, poor Bobby and an over worked Ade.

Bony is one I just dont see the attraction. Looks slow and cumbersome to me, never watched him and thought "Wow! Thats quality!"

Though I have to admit I havent seen a huge amount of him

Bony is one I just dont see the attraction. Looks slow and cumbersome to me, never watched him and thought "Wow! Thats quality!"

Though I have to admit I havent seen a huge amount of him
I've watched him quite a bit. For me he's kind of in between Lukaku/Benteke & Altidore. Not useless, but a lot to prove still.

And in no way comparable to Tevez or Suarez!

Villa - rivals?! Seriously mate, not a chance - not for a few years yet.

Unless you think we are going to stick with Sherwood and go down the pan?
What you think Villa don't want to be in the Europa League? Fucking hell. Read what i said. "Villa will see us as rivals". They're 10th at the minute, Champions league is obviously a bit of a stretch for them, but they're obviously going to be aiming higher, 5th/6th/7th is where'd they'd want to be. Where we realistically would be finishing. Obviously we're gonna aim higher than that but we're probably going to end up in the same place next season. Villa aren't that different to us really. It was only a couple of years ago they were a regular top 6 club.

I don't think Aston Villa can class us as rivals at present time to be fair Anthony Beale Anthony Beale , no matter how much they might want to be.

Sure, they're 10th, but they're also 19 points behind us - a huge gap. They're only 9 points above the relegation zone.

I'm sure Fulham want to be in Europa, but as we all know too well as Spurs fans, there's a big difference between aspirations and reality.

A few seasons is a long time in football. Villa are incomparable now to back then. And so are their opposition, with 6 or 7 clubs far better than them all vying for European places. They aren't even considered to be in the mix.

I'll be shocked if Benteke is still there in September.

I don't think Aston Villa can class us as rivals at present time to be fair Anthony Beale Anthony Beale , no matter how much they might want to be.

Sure, they're 10th, but they're also 19 points behind us - a huge gap. They're only 9 points above the relegation zone.

I'm sure Fulham want to be in Europa, but as we all know too well as Spurs fans, there's a big difference between aspirations and reality.

A few seasons is a long time in football. Villa are incomparable now to back then. And so are their opposition, with 6 or 7 clubs far better than them all vying for European places. They aren't even considered to be in the mix.

I'll be shocked if Benteke is still there in September.

DID I SAY THIS SEASON???

Cant see it lads, think its a bit of wishful thinking. Not to mention, Villa are going to see us as big rivals, They want to finish top 8, They're not going to help strengthen our team without a fight. This isn't Fifa '14 unfortunately.

Jesus Christ. :paulinhofacepalm:

Benteke is awesome when he is right in the head - his all round play is incredible but cant see him becoming a regular 20 + scoring striker unless he finds a way to start believing that he really is that good.

So glad Nacer showed how useful he can be to us. Could never understand why people seemed to scapegoat him quite a lot this season. Whenever he has played he looks like he can make things happen, and although his shooting has been dire for the most part - at least he has showed recently that he has got some goals in his locker. Go on Nacer son.

So glad Nacer showed how useful he can be to us. Could never understand why people seemed to scapegoat him quite a lot this season. Whenever he has played he looks like he can make things happen, and although his shooting has been dire for the most part - at least he has showed recently that he has got some goals in his locker. Go on Nacer son.

At first I was not much of a fan but I relise now that was because he was played on the left wing and just looked out of place there. Similar to Naughton being played at left back, he is a good RB but not great on the left.

Would not mind a team of the below, all talented and all played in roughly their best positions

---------------Loris---------------
Walker--Kaboul-Verts-Freyers
---------Bentaleb--Sandro-------
--Lamela----Chadli----Eriksen--
-----------------Ade---------------

He's the worst player at our club, get rid of him el pronto, shit right back.

He's the worst player at our club, get rid of him el pronto, a shit right back.

looks like 2 completely missed the irony...

oh-the-irony_o_2870739.jpg

What you think Villa don't want to be in the Europa League? Fucking hell. Read what i said. "Villa will see us as rivals". They're 10th at the minute, Champions league is obviously a bit of a stretch for them, but they're obviously going to be aiming higher, 5th/6th/7th is where'd they'd want to be. Where we realistically would be finishing. Obviously we're gonna aim higher than that but we're probably going to end up in the same place next season. Villa aren't that different to us really. It was only a couple of years ago they were a regular top 6 club.

What you think Villa can perform at the same level as us? Because they would need to to be considered rivals.

My best mate is a Villa fan, I have to admit I have a soft spot for them - and I quite like Lambert as well as some of their players. So Im not being ignorant about them. Simple fact is, next season if they can be comfortably mid table and not looking over their shoulder all season they will be delighted. There is no way on earth that we should be looking at a club in that situation as a rival - and Im sure they are not delluded enough to think likewise

DID I SAY THIS SEASON???
I guess not. When are you talking about then? Next year? 2019? What has speculating about when Villa will see us as rivals got to do with Benteke possibly leaving in 3 months?

At first I was not much of a fan but I relise now that was because he was played on the left wing and just looked out of place there. Similar to Naughton being played at left back, he is a good RB but not great on the left.

Would not mind a team of the below, all talented and all played in roughly their best positions

---------------Loris---------------
Walker--Kaboul-Verts-Freyers
---------Bentaleb--Sandro-------
--Lamela----Chadli----Eriksen--
-----------------Ade---------------

The issue with having both Bentaleb and Sandro is they are too defensive minded...no passes will be made to the top 4...I am also convinced that Dembele cannot pass forwards as well.

Why the fuck would you put Chadli in the mid and Eriksen on the left...you must be having a laugh.

The issue with having both Bentaleb and Sandro is they are too defensive minded...no passes will be made to the top 4...I am also convinced that Dembele cannot pass forwards as well.

Why the fuck would you put Chadli in the mid and Eriksen on the left...you must be having a laugh.

If you are playing both Sandro and Dembele / Bentaleb why not chuck Eriksen in the midfield as well. Chadli behind the striker and Lennon / Townsend on the flanks. Eriksen looked good dictating play from the middle last night for the short while he was on.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom