Big Fat Nacer Chadli.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I mean Chadli is not completely like our currently used wingers.

Unlike Townsend and Siggy ...
He first does his fancy step-overs → then takes on the fullback → and then beats that opponent by running in between the sideline and the player (hence, called outside of the player) ... rather than just cutting in, which reduces the team's width.

Chadli already showed this a number of times, including one incident where he had an assist for crossing the ball with his weaker foot.
I meant it sarcastically. Like, we have players that beat their man on the outside? as we are so intent on the inverted forwards thing these days.

I guess that joke was lost on you... :avbfacepalm:

:adebaehug:

Is it just me or did he look completely disinterested, or even scared today?

Every time he got the ball, he seemed to give a wee short pass, and then stop. At no point did he look like running for a return ball or putting in any effort. Really surprised he stayed on so long.

Is it just me or did he look completely disinterested, or even scared today?

Every time he got the ball, he seemed to give a wee short pass, and then stop. At no point did he look like running for a return ball or putting in any effort. Really surprised he stayed on so long.
There was a moment when he picked up a stray cross, came on to his right and I wanted him to shoot but he gave it up to Defoe who had a shot that was blocked (lol).

He seems tenative and seems less ambitious.. ambitious may not be the best word but he seems content with just making a little pass but not taking the game by the scruff of its neck and trying the spectacular. I thought his ball control was okay but he needs to be more adventurous. This will help when he has an overlapping left back to give him space.

There was a moment when he picked up a stray cross, came on to his right and I wanted him to shoot but he gave it up to Defoe who had a shot that was blocked (lol).

He seems tenative and seems less ambitious.. ambitious may not be the best word but he seems content with just making a little pass but not taking the game by the scruff of its neck and trying the spectacular. I thought his ball control was okay but he needs to be more adventurous. This will help when he has an overlapping left back to give him space.
100% agree on the overlapping fullback part. I do feel for anyone who plays down the left at the moment.

Back to Chadli, the majority of the team were putting in a sterling effort, but it just seemed to pass him by. Maybe, being Scottish, I'm not happy unless there's sweat on the forehead and dirt on the shorts.

He looked short of confidence. Mind you, he'll probably dropped for the Fulham game, and I'll moan about his replacement :D

100% agree on the overlapping fullback part. I do feel for anyone who plays down the left at the moment.

Back to Chadli, the majority of the team were putting in a sterling effort, but it just seemed to pass him by. Maybe, being Scottish, I'm not happy unless there's sweat on the forehead and dirt on the shorts.

He looked short of confidence. Mind you, he'll probably dropped for the Fulham game, and I'll moan about his replacement :D
Haha, yup he definitely should've got involved and stuck in more. For someone whos 6foot2 and built like Zeus I thought he would be a bit better in the air too/stronger on the ball. I guess it was encouraging that he put in a couple of decent crosses and contributed to some good play.. he needs time too remember. Load of injuries and his first start since Woolwich so this was his first prem game in a while

Funny how people here are dissapointed by him while i've seen loads of people (Windy being one of them) being positive about his presence in the game, people should know that he is not a standard pacy winger - delivery is his thing and when he gets the ball he will rarely misplace a pass or a cross - JV has also commented on the fact that Chadli is very disciplined and makes his task at LB a lot easier.

He does need time to Gel but Lamela gets loads of credit and is dissapointing most of the time, Chadli is not very remarkable but far from dissapointing and gets all the stick. People love flashy players dont they.

If Nacer plays 5 games in a row he will score or assist - thats what he does.

Funny how people here are dissapointed by him while i've seen loads of people (Windy being one of them) being positive about his presence in the game, people should know that he is not a standard pacy winger - delivery is his thing and when he gets the ball he will rarely misplace a pass or a cross - JV has also commented on the fact that Chadli is very disciplined and makes his task at LB a lot easier.

He does need time to Gel but Lamela gets loads of credit and is dissapointing most of the time, Chadli is not very remarkable but far from dissapointing and gets all the stick. People love flashy players dont they.

Completely agree. Thought he played very well yesterday. I would have him ahead of Sigurosson as he knows the winger role (both traditional and inverted). He also linked up very well with Vertonghen, especially helping Verts out on deffensive duties, not to mention linking with Dembele too. Good to see this, our Belgium threesome.

He appears a functional and dependable player. Those expecting Bale will be disappointed, we paid £6m for him and he looks to be a good return on that investment.

He's also a fucking tank. I have a lot of time for him on the pitch.

He did a lot more for the team yesterday than Lennon and I think a lot of this goes unnoticed because Lennon is a flair player and Chadli isn't.

He did a lot more for the team yesterday than Lennon and I think a lot of this goes unnoticed because Lennon is a flair player and Chadli isn't.

Im not sold on him. Though I havent written him off either. Im coming around to the idea he is a Carrick like player where basically not everyone can see his worth and the good work he does. Very unassuming.

I saw it with Carrick and loved him, I dont with Chadli and am unconvinced but Im looking for it!

He's also a fucking tank. I have a lot of time for him on the pitch.

Thats the thing , he isnt a flair player but could be one if his confidence grows, he himself says he s not completely fit for duty yet

I'm still shocked that people think Lennon had a better game than him yesterday.
I didn't see enough of the game to qualify my opinion, as I spent roughly 2/3 of the game searching for a better stream, but I am constantly impressed by his defensive work rate.

Given his injuries thus far I don't think it's beyond comprehension that he's struggled to adapt thus far, and probably still has a ways to go before regaining full fitness and trying to carve a name out for himself, but I'm still optimistic about this fella, and don't like the bad rap that he's gotten thus far. In the first few games everyone was prepared to blame Chadli for everything that was wrong in attack; it's almost a silver lining that his absence through injuries has shown that our constipated attacking play has not been down to the failures of a single man.

Apart from Siggy's handful of goals from nowhere, I think that in his limited appearances thus far Chadli has looked the more likely to make things happen from the left wing and contribute more to open play. He is fizzling out rather quickly, though. Once he adapts to the pace and gets a little more comfortable I think he'll be a fine winger for us.

Does he start for the national team,if so who plays behind him

One mistake does not tell the whole story Look at Vlad!

Actually that would apply to Dembele who's sorry giveaway led to the first united goal, but was fantastic otherwise.

Chadli was mediocre at best and had that pointless giveaway when spurs actually has a lovely chance to score on the counter

Back
Top Bottom