Big Fat Nacer Chadli.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm really enjoying Chadli atm ... the fella is just continuing on scoring.
I think he's our top goal-scorer so far.

I had my doubts about him, but I am ever-so happy to be proven wrong.

I remember when he signed his ex manager spoke such high praise about Chadli and I always felt last season he has something.

So happy he's now starting to prove himself. If he stays a regular, no reason why he cant score 15 plus for us this season.

BykbhPbCEAEvysu.jpg

#YIDDO #YIDDO #YIDDO

Very good stuff from ESPN FC's Michael Cox:

.....Chadli is a peculiar footballer, someone who could be termed a 'system player' -- he's rarely likely to be the star, will never have a side based around him, but will nevertheless always be useful because of his positional intelligence. He knows where to be, which runs to make, which opponents to track. He's from the same school as Pedro Rodriguez of Barcelona, for example, not remotely the best attacker the Nou Camp has witnessed in recent years, but the most tactically disciplined.

Chadli has generally played from the left so far under Mauricio Pochettino, playing the role Pedro does for Barcelona, making runs from out to in, popping up unannounced in goal-scoring positions. He has been given license to rotate with Christian Eriksen and Erik Lamela, but those two are generally more involved in build-up play. Chadli was something of an outsider.

At the Emirates, Pochettino handed him a central role, in support of Emmanuel Adebayor, and in a purely tactical sense, he played excellently, acting as half-midfielder, half-forward. Pochettino instructed him to mark Mikel Arteta (and then his replacement, Mathieu Flamini) before spinning off him to become a second striker. As ever, his positioning was excellent, but before halftime he was repeatedly let down by sloppy touches, both from himself and teammates not feeding him at the correct moment.

Chadli persevered, however, and eventually his chance came. He opened the goal scoring in the 56th minute, and would have been a deserved matchwinner, not because he was the game's best player, but because he epitomised Spurs' approach -- they were organised, disciplined and controlled....

.....The finish was also simple, but smoothly taken by Chadli. He'd again positioned himself intelligently, drifting out in behind Woolwich's left-back Kieran Gibbs, and waiting for a short diagonal ball. It was the type of goal Pedro has made a career out of. On Monday morning, Pochettino should be showing his players a video of this goal -- that summarises his philosophy better than words: press, turnover, pass, finish. Pochettino confirmed after the game that this was the intended strategy, to stay compact, win the ball, then use it quickly......

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/blog/the-ma...ch-vs-tottenham-draw-tell-a-tale-of-two-teams

Not the quickest or most talented, but seems to just be one of those players that can find himself in good positions and make really smart runs. I reckon he can bang in 15+ this season.

We need other players to start firing now though. Cant rely on him getting 15 goals when no one else is scoring.
Completely agree, but encouraged by Mason's performance. Seems to be the sort that can create from further on the pitch. If Erisken finds his form again, I think we can have a really impactful strikeforce.

Back
Top Bottom