Big Fat Nacer Chadli.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You say that......

jesus-christ-crucifixion-665.jpg
That's not religion. That's the fucking Bee Gees mate.

We've been winning too often and some of our "supporters" have lost the plot. Nobody to get angry with so they stoop to some of the lowest level of scum I've ever read on any forum.

Bring back the #levyout movement that was harmless and somewhat clean!

Stambouli is also of Algerian descent; doubt if he considers himself muslim though.

Bentaleb of course. Kid's profile looks like a straight-up Bedouin.

And Ade, of course.

Shit like this that makes me laugh. You haven't got a clue. You're guessing based on country and now 'profiles'? I don't think you can get much more racist. Are all Italians Catholics too?

Ade is a Christian, not a Muslim, but for some bizarre reason he respects Islamic spiritual healers. But hey, he's black so "Ade of course".

BAE is a Christian, not a Muslim. ("I wouldn't say I'm religious. I stay in bed on a Sunday morning. But I had a Christian upbringing and I believe in God")

Lets stop point blank guessing a players religion simply because of their location/skin colour/name please. While we're at it, lets drop the entire topic of religion from this thread. Their religion, guessed or otherwise, is irrelevant. They're Yids before anything else.

Last edited:
Shit like this that makes me laugh. You haven't got a clue. You're guessing based on country and now 'profiles'? I don't think you can get much more racist. Are all Italians Catholics too?

Ade is a Christian, not a Muslim, but for some bizarre reason he respects Islamic spiritual healers. But hey, he's black so "Ade of course".

Benty is a Christian, not a Muslim. ("I wouldn't say I'm religious. I stay in bed on a Sunday morning. But I had a Christian upbringing and I believe in God")

Lets stop point blank guessing a players religion simply because of their location/skin colour/name please. While we're at it, lets drop the entire topic of religion from this thread. Their religion, guessed or otherwise, is irrelevant. They're Yids before anything else.
Sorry M'Lud, it was a wild guess based on the fact he's Algerian, and that 98% of Algerians are Muslim.

Promise I'll do my research before making such wild accusations in future.

:avbfu:

BAE is a Christian, not a Muslim. ("I wouldn't say I'm religious. I stay in bed on a Sunday morning. But I had a Christian upbringing and I believe in God")

Chill your melting, being a "Muslim" isn't completely analogous to identifying as a Christian, it's not just "guessing" people's religion, there's a strong racial and cultural heritage aspect as well. In common usage it's more akin to a Jewish person that doesn't necessarily practice Judaism. Muslim =/= Islamist.

I'm the last one to defend sammy's "never back down" approach. But, as sad as it is that his priority was to point score rather than offer condolences, if people were honest the hypocrisy he points out is spot on. Had he been a little more tactful and expressed regret at the death of Chadli's dad then I don't think there would be a credible reason to bin him this time. None of us are personal mates of Chadli. He plays for the team we support. That is the extent of our connection to him...and that connection is identical to the one that we have with the likes of Adebayor. When Adebayor's brother died for every "condolences" comment there was another berating him for skipping out at the start of the season. That's the harsh truth and the double standard that sammy was highlighting, even if it was ill timed.

So, ultimately, the ugliness doesn't really lie with sammy, it rather lies with those who can express sympathy for one player and cunt another off as if he's inhuman (not that I am accusing anybody here of doing that, but some of the shit I've read elsewhere has been appalling). If we show human compassion to Chadli then we should show it to all the players. Not pick and choose based on rumour and media profile.

In any event, I wish Chadli's family the very best.

Same people that voted Sammy in are the same ones that jumped on Ade's back when the club gave him time off, I'm sure. It's always the same fairy lala land higher moral ground hypocritical twats around here.

anyway, hope Nacer is okay. Know he isn't, but he's got my best wishes.

Chill your melting, being a "Muslim" isn't completely analogous to identifying as a Christian, it's not just "guessing" people's religion, there's a strong racial and cultural heritage aspect as well. In common usage it's more akin to a Jewish person that doesn't necessarily practice Judaism. Muslim =/= Islamist.

You guessed his religion, got it wrong. Why not just admit that much and move on, rather than make up some shit about how "religion has strong racial and cultural aspects"?

Just dug a deeper hole by basically saying race is synonymous with religion. i.e. "He looks like a Muslim", which would be racist and stereotyping.

You guessed his religion, got it wrong. Why not just admit that much and move on, rather than make up some shit about how "religion has strong racial and cultural aspects"?

Just dug a deeper hole by basically saying race is synonymous with religion. i.e. "He looks like a Muslim", which would be racist and stereotyping.
edit: fuck this, no sense in arguing in circle.

Bye.

Last edited:
Ha, what a melt. Sorry man, but once again Muslim and Islamist are not synonyms. Plenty of people self-identify as Muslims but aren't practicing adherents of Islam.

I'm not making any of it up, it's fairly standard and mainstream religious theory.

It's not melt. It's annoyance at your ignorance, regarding religion and African ethnicity, and then the lack of humility to admit you're wrong.

Definition: A Muslim, sometimes spelled Moslem,relates to a who follows the religion of Islam.
Definition: An Islamist. supporting or advocating Islamic fundamentalism

There is no ifs or buts about it. You're point blank mistaken and sometimes it's better to just raise your hands and admit it, as I did earlier. I've never even said the word Islamist, you've randomly brought it into the discussion for no apparent reason. Not all practicing Muslims are Islamists. All Islamists are Muslims.

It's now got to the point where not only can you admit what you said was mildly stereotyping, that you guessed his religion wrong and that you said race is synonomous with being a religious member, but you're now changing the definition of words.

Go to Africa and tell someone that their race is Muslim. You'd be strung up. Christ, go to Africa and tell them their race is African and they'd take offense.
You listed African players, assumed they would be Muslim (Members of Islam) and were wrong. Last post on this.

Last edited:

Congratulations, you've just reached a new level of racist!

:adethumbup:

Absolute horse shit. Islam is nothing like Judaism in that respect. Jews are quite ethnically homogeneous, Muslims are not.
Muslims can also be 'lapsed' or non-practicing. Exactly like Christians and (now this will blow your mind) Jews!

That is the extent of our connection to him...and that connection is identical to the one that we have with the likes of Adebayor.
You don't speak on behalf of the support so don't say stuff like this. You are equating the fact they have the same profession to our connection to an individual human. My connection to Chadli is different to Ade, so therefore I can show condolences or not in any way I see fit. Not how you or any other supporter see it.

These are not identical situations so why on earth can someone scold the masses for not acting identically? It's bollocks and Sammy knows it.

Ade has acted a prat for a long time. Chadli AFAIA hasn't acted up once.

They are different.

Adebayor getting time off for his brother dying was justified and I send him condolences all the same.

Getting time off for his mother putting a hex on him is fucking deplorable. I'm not having my club suffer because of some idiot's lack of education.

Ade's rap sheet is far, far longer than Chadli's therefore why is it not in the realms of possibility for some people that other's will react differently considering history. So stupid.

You don't speak on behalf of the support so don't say stuff like this.
That's not speaking for the support. That's stating fact. The vast majority of fans don't know the players on a personal level. Therefore our knowledge of their character is based on public perception.

Ade has acted a prat for a long time. Chadli AFAIA hasn't acted up once.

They are different.
Chadli complained through his agent that he wanted out of the club and complained about the position he was being played in while Sherwood was still around. Adebayor gives a large chunk to charity and runs projects back home in Togo. At the end of the day we can spin it how we like, we still don't know them personally and what you are doing is arbitrarily determining who is more deserving of your compassion based on a perception, nothing more. Chadli deserves our compassion, but then so does Adebayor when it is warranted, and I know a lot of people who shat on him when his brother died. It's called giving someone the benefit of the doubt. I'm not here to have a 7 page argument about it and start name-calling like sammy would, but I think if people were honest they'd see there's an inconsistency.

Back
Top Bottom