Blame game

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

1882 said:
rysharp said:
Is it too late to blame Robbie Keane?

you do realise that the BMC Shield/Badge...... .......is VERY reminiscent of this one don't you:

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/839/651/Botswana_Meat_Commission_FC-funny-football-names_display_image.png?1302175019[img][img]http://www.footballprogs.com/image13.jpg[img][/quote]
the scum used that badge when they were half-decent.

Too late to change now, we're stuck with them.

Thelonious said:
1882 said:
rysharp said:

you do realise that the BMC Shield/Badge...... .......is VERY reminiscent of this one don't you:

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/839/651/Botswana_Meat_Commission_FC-funny-football-names_display_image.png?1302175019[img][img]http://www.footballprogs.com/image13.jpg[img][/quote]

Too late to change now, we're stuck with them.[/quote]
BMCFC for life!!! BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAP!!!!

Thelonious said:
1882 said:
rysharp said:

Too late to change now, we're stuck with them.[/quote]

Dammit!

what about adopting these guys...?

[spoiler][img]http://www.eccockerels.org.uk/images/ecclogosmtrans.png[/spoiler]

They're a damn sight closer (Yeovil and District Football League) ...we could even get to some games!!!

Rosie47 said:
Putting issues relating to context aside, it seems to me in all this that:

Arsenul are laughing at us because we didn´t mind the gap after they punched us silly at the Emurates and pipped us to third place, despite our 10 point lead over them.

Chelsea are laughing at us because they lorded a 5 - 1 win over us at Wembley and then went on to deny us of a place in the CL, while they polish their FA and CL cups.

Not only this, but Liverpool are laughing at us as well, because they engendered a new UEFA rule that benefitted them and posthumously fucked us in the rectum, like an ultra-long-range fire-and-forget missile-dildo, while THEY polish their League Cup.

This is what we get for starting the "Come here if you want to laugh at..." threads.

It´s enough to make me want to kill myself. This is 10 times worse than Lasagne Day.

For JESUS' BICYCLE'S sake, no-one start a "Let´s all laugh at West Ham" thread, or I may have to start writing a will.
Sometimes, people forget this isn't a private forum.

Although, even if those threads hadn't been made, we'd have got grief in some shape or form.

I blame 'MIND THE GAP' ...it all started going wrong from that day forward...

whoever started has got a lot on his conscience! Whoever kept it going has a lot to think about this Summer!

PUT SIMPLY; SPURS DON'T DO GLOATING... WE DO PLEASANT SURPRISE!

Rosie47 said:
This is what we get for starting the "Come here if you want to laugh at..." threads.
I had a laff participating in all those threads, don't regret it, and don't for a second think they somehow karmically punished us for being proud of our team, for being proud of our style of play, for being proud about who we are.

Frankly, I'm too busy avoiding stepping on pavement cracks to reduce myself to that kind of superstitious lunacy.

So let those mugs all laugh. They only think they have the last one. The cockerel will be back again next year, hopefully (and why not?) better than before. We've shown we can dance.

Now let's show we can lead.

Leave running from shadows and whimpering for shutins and groundhogs. You lose all of the games you never even try to play.

When faced with the mocking from 'My boss the Gooner' and his cohorts this morning I had but one reply.

'Before you continue, there have been two deaths this weekend, football and Robin from the Bee Gees. Feel free to go on, but if you do it will make you a cold man.'

Needless to say, the baracking continued...

:goonermong:

Rosie47 said:
Um, what did I do to you for you to pick on my post? :p
I'ma tear these walls down!

I have to pick one post to provide context for what I want to say, no? Anyway, the point is larger than either your post or mine. I'm sick of the cognitive dissonance on this board sometimes, though I think we are working to over come it.

Either we're tottencan't and are all "boo hoo, we got robbed again, our lives are misery, we'll never find happiness, there's conspiracies, we should sue to fuck over a team from Moldova, I miss mommy's boob!"

Or we're TOTTENCAN, and we're all, in the words of the hologram, "Who shot me / But your punks didn't finish / Now you 'bout to feel the wrath of a menace".

tumblr_m3rtyerfHZ1qir45xo1_500.gif

Éperons said:
Rosie47 said:
I had a laff participating in all those threads, don't regret it, and don't for a second think they somehow karmically punished us for being proud of our team, for being proud of our style of play, for being proud about who we are.

Frankly, I'm too busy avoiding stepping on pavement cracks to reduce myself to that kind of superstitious lunacy.

So let those mugs all laugh. They only think they have the last one. The cockerel will be back again next year, hopefully (and why not?) better than before. We've shown we can dance.

Now let's show we can lead.

Leave running from shadows and whimpering for shutins and groundhogs. You lose all of the games you never even try to play.

applause.gif

spooky said:
AC Milan for losing a three goal lead
Liverpool FC for being responsible for the CL rule to be written in the first place
UEFA's bureaucracy
Levy and the moneyball transfer tactic
John Terry, we know what you are
Fabio Capello for not knowing what John Terry is
The FA's dithering appointment process and blatant ambiguity and flirting
The English press being utterly obsessed with HR
HR for being utterly obsessed with HR
Chris Foy
Chris Toy
Even Chris Hoy
Jermain Defoe's short legs
The heart operation
The court case
Lady Luck completely abandoning us and preferring to lift her skirt up for degenerates instead
The lost footballing basics - lack of rotation, lack of daring, lack of doing what Bill Nicholson would have done
Too much dithering on the touch line
The London Underground
Mario Balotelli
Juan Ramos for being crap
The ball boy at QPR
Countless disallowed goals
Howard Webb just because
Martin Atkinson and phantom goals
Marton Fulop's 'botheredness'
Glory hunting nubreed post-CL debut plastic Spurs 'faithful' that think success is served up on a plate
Andre Villas-Boas for giving Terry and Chelsea players 'massive chip on shoulder'
Napoli for not taking their chances
Barcelona for not taking their chances
Real Madrid for choking
Bayern Munich for not taking their chances and resembling Spurs
Spurs for being the only club capable of losing a cup final they weren't even playing in
Football for hating on Tottenham
Quantum physics
The Boogie

If we're going for it, why not Medieval Peasents, the Football Association (c. 1863), Henry Augustus "Gus" Mears and Harry (not the over-sensitive blog merchant) Hotspur?

Oh yeah and George Osbourne with his smug little glory-hunting Chelsea humping face.

... This pains me to say, but I blame Ronald Reagan.

If his blasted Star Wars and arms buildups hadn't precipitated the Soviet Union's collapse, Abramovich would still be a pauper.
And Chelsea wouldn't be rich cunts. They'd just be cunts, with a miserable fanbase.

GOD DAMN YOU BUTTERFLY EFFECT!

VirginiaSpur said:
Abramovich would still be a pauper.
I'm going to blame old white dudes (some of whom are now dead) from my university for basically inventing the shock doctrine which allowed such oligarchs to emerge in Russia.

I'm also blaming Al Gore for not putting up a bigger fight in the 2000 recount, because the US would all be on solar/wind now, and the fossil fuel plutocrats would have found their prestige diminished.

VirginiaSpur said:
... This pains me to say, but I blame Ronald Reagan.

If his blasted Star Wars and arms buildups hadn't precipitated the Soviet Union's collapse, Abramovich would still be a pauper.
And Chelsea wouldn't be rich cunts. They'd just be cunts, with a miserable fanbase.

GOD DAMN YOU BUTTERFLY EFFECT!

I blame the Bolsheviks, if they hadn't revolted, they wouldn't have left a monolithic state ripe for exploitation by the oligarchs when it inevitably failed...

Back
Top Bottom