Bournemouth (A) 1230KO - 4th May.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Get Harry Kane on the bench Saturday with a view to him possibly starting next Wednesday. We desperately need our main man back and rumours are he will be on the bench anyway for Ajax.

Is this rumour or fact about Kane being back for Wednesday?

Wishful thinking or reality?

I've been advocating his return since Tuesday.

Get Harry Kane on the bench Saturday with a view to him possibly starting next Wednesday. We desperately need our main man back and rumours are he will be on the bench anyway for Ajax.
Mate the rumours seem to have started from Ajax tweeting the kits and the number 10 shirt being shown. I know we are desperate right now but there’s no chance he’s back he hasn’t even started ball work.

Don’t know why some people seem convinced otherwise. . .

Is this rumour or fact about Kane being back for Wednesday?

Wishful thinking or reality?

I've been advocating his return since Tuesday.
Jesus walked out during the pre-Ajax press conference and said there was no way Kane would be fit for anything before a possible final.

For what that is worth.

I’d for sure give Janssen a shot. He was actually bright in his limited minutes and while it may take a few chances to actually score, those same chances wouldn’t be coming from fernando

Help me Vince Sissoko, you're our only hope...

PrincessLeiaR21.jpg

People seem to be disregarding this game ahead of Wedneday.

WAKE UP!

If we fail to win this and Everton, and then lose Wednesday then it's very likely we won't have UCL football next season. I want a trophy as much as the next guy, but I also want to see my team competing in the biggest competitions in domestic football.

Strongest team available plays. If that means Sissoko, then play him. He came on last night and controlled an Ajax midfield which bullied Madrid and Juve. The guy has to play. The only players I'd drop are Vertonghen for injury reasons, Llorente as Son is more capable of getting us the goals and Trippier due to being in hideous form.

Your next game is always the most important. That is Bournemouth.

Being Realistic it’s gonna be Barcelona and Messi the GOAT if we beat Ajax in the final...... Bournemouth is the 4th place or above cup final sadly!

Jack Roles. A new one on me, a google shows he’s 20 and has decent stats for the lower levels. However, no hint at all he’s ready / capable.

Any Windy type views on any CM floating around who can challenge Skipp ? Is Roles of any value ?

Roles has played as an AM this season, but has played as a creative CM in the past, but better imo as an AM. Very different player to Skipp who is more of a DM albeit with good passing skills

Scored a perfect hattrick last game of left foot, right foot and header (video on last page of youth thread) and a relentless presser of the ball when not in possession (which should appeal to Poch). Given our limited attacking options and need to rest players for Ajax my suggestion for the bench to bring on in 2nd half if we are looking comfortable to rest an AM for 20 or 30 mins or so before the Ajax game.

...Amos is a more promising DM than Skipp IMO, but I believe he is out injured until next season...
COYS
He is. Skipp's ascent was most likely sped up by that fact. He would probably have gotten games in the cups and possibly a few appearances in the league off the bench still. But his starts would have gone to Luke had he not gotten injured.

don't want to see any messing this Saturday. There's 4 and half days to the ajax game, that's plenty. Full team, only question mark on who plays up top. I'd be tempted with janssen solely due to him being able to hold the ball up. i actually think he holds the ball up quite well and at least occupies the CBs (even if they dont have to worry about him actually scoring) as long as we have players running off him and not static as they've been recently.

oh and full team means foyth at RB.

The other 3 have even easier games, so lose this and it goes to the last week.

...Amos is a more promising DM than Skipp IMO, but I believe he is out injured until next season...
COYS

Poch doesn't send promising players out on loan to Southend and Stevenage. The only thing Amos has over Skipp is being 4 years older and more physically ready for PL football, he doesn't have a long term future
at the club though.

Back
Top Bottom