Bournemouth (A) 1230KO - 4th May.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

For the sake of argument let's assume Vertonghen is out of contention, at least for this game.

I think our best XI at this moment would be this:

Lloris
Foyth Sanchez Alderweireld Rose
Dier Sissoko
Lucas Eriksen Dele
Son

Fortunately, Foyth, Sanchez, Dier, Sissoko, and Son are all relatively fresh, this is a pretty well-rested lineup to put out there for this game, and then there are 3 1/2 days off before Amsterdam.

Given the stakes I think that's the only way you can look at it. Put your best team out for both games and let the chips fall where they may. And Bournemouth can be an audition of sorts for Dier and Foyth (and Sanchez if Vertonghen is available for Wednesday).

In either case it's nice to have Llorente available off the bench who can replace any of those front four to change the game in different ways.

Hold on, didn’t the players jog around like twats against West Ham saving themselves for Ajax?
Then jogged around like twats against Ajax anyway.

The key here for Bournemouth and indeed Ajax away is not who plays, it’s where they play and what formation we use.

We’re not fatigued, we have a manager who isn’t strangling our creativity with weak tactics.
Dele and Eriksen in the AM slots behind Son and we will see a difference.

Dele and Eriksen playing on the halfway line and it will be shit again. Quite simple.
We have no choice but to attack for the last 4 games now. We're always shit when sitting back. Dele and Eriksen need to be unleashed to attack with freedom and panache. Give them a fucking drink beforehand if that's what it takes.

I cannot believe that I actually had a dream about this game last night ! 1-0 turned into 4-3, randomly Kane was stretchered off. 5-4 and a last minute for a 5-5 draw. Obviously I have some deep rooted mental issues to have a dream of that nature at my age. But that said I am, I feel, strangely terrified at another loss / draw and dropping out to 5th on the last day.

Spurs. It’s the hope that kills.

I think that like Ajax, this is another bad matchup for us. Bournemouth have a young, exuberant team and we have a knackered, makeshift XI.

We have more than enough quality to win but this team has shown repeatedly that they are easily distracted, are they ready to sweat bricks to get the 3 points? We have to get this 3 points to protect the future of the club, the CL game does not exist until we've got this game out of the way.

I can't wait to see the team selection tomorrow..... It will tell us exactly what Poch thinks about our chances on Wednesday.

A strong team tomorrow helps our prospects of Champions league next season but may hinder how fresh we are for Ajax.

Conversely a compromise team tomorrow does the reverse.

But - would the players feel a bit more relaxed on Wednesday if they knew that we'd already secured champions league next season - I think they would.

So - smart move is to play strongest team tomorrow, get top 4 and then take stock for Wednesday.

Also for Wednesday - If Aurier is fit and Jan ok then we could field virtually the exact same team that took apart Dortmund at the lane (Winks would be the only absentee from that team).

3 points tomorrow please!

We only win game so when we need to nowadays so I expect we'll drop points but win against Everton and secure to four. In some ways I like that idea because our rivals get the most pain that way.

Dear Poch and the boys, I know you read this..

I don't care who starts and where.. just please, please TURN UP and battle and win comprehensively. COYS

Back
Top Bottom