Brentford fc vs TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR/ Sun 13th 14:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Id honestly be surprised if VDV didn't start.

Ange does nothing but promote bravery. He'd have all week to train within the system and centre back, besides goalkeeper, is probably the easiest position to integrate into this system. He's already had a pre season with Wolfsburg so won't be shy of fitness and Ange has already praised his profile being perfect for the role.

None of this easing In rubbish for me. Spurs seem to be the only club that ease in new signings. Every other club sign a player and they start the next game. I want to see VDV start Sunday. I don’t want to see Davies, Dier or Sanchez anywhere near the side

Id honestly be surprised if VDV didn't start.

Ange does nothing but promote bravery. He'd have all week to train within the system and centre back, besides goalkeeper, is probably the easiest position to integrate into this system. He's already had a pre season with Wolfsburg so won't be shy of fitness and Ange has already praised his profile being perfect for the role.

No reason for him not to start mate

I hope VDV plays but very rarely nowadays do players play straight away after signing. I think most would be deflated if when the teams come out it’s Davies or Sanchez starting. Can’t wait for the game now though.

It wouldn't be honest of me to think we're gonna wallop them. Brentford are designed to play on the counter and from our pre-season games we've been unable to defend them. You can bet they've done their homework. I hope we can sort that out in the few days before the game.

Vicario
Emerson
Romero
VDV
Udogie
Bissouma
Maddison
GLC
Solomon
Kane
Son
lineup code
[lineup]
Vicario
Emerson Romero VDV Udogie
Bissouma
Maddison GLC
Solomon Kane Son
[/lineup]

I'm going to lose my shit if PEH plays ahead of Bissouma. Throw in VDV, it's not worse than any other option.

Regardless, it's a new era and it's already better than anything Jose, Nuno or Conte served up. We've got our Spurs back!

COYS! 💪

Vicario,
Porro,
Romero,
Sanchez,
Udogie
Bisouma,
LoCelso,
Madison
Kulu,
Kane,
Richarlison
lineup code
[lineup]
Vicario,
Porro, Romero, Sanchez, Udogie
Bisouma, LoCelso,
Madison
Kulu, Kane, Richarlison
[/lineup]
Hate to say it PEH fans, but I don't think Ange will play Lo Celso AND Maddison in the same line up...
Get ready for one more Hoijberg run out... Just for experience more than anything else...

Likewise Davies (or maybe Dier) for Sanchez /VdV for exactly the same reason....

I get the feeling Sunday will be the most cautious we see Ange this season.... Just to get his feet under the table so to speak.

Are the Arse actually doing us a favour if they take Raya from Brentford before the weekend...?
He was unreal against us in the final home game last season...

I think their new goalkeeper Flekken will start regardless.
Flekken hell... thought we had an advantage there!!

Meanwhile I assume Forest's new keeper will be contractually obliged to do some favours against his old club come Saturday?? (Not that they Flekken need any more help!!)

-------------------Vicario---------------------
Emerson----Romero---VDV-----Udogie
--------------Bissouma--Hojbjerg----------
--------------------Maddison---------------
----Kulu------------------------------Son----
---------------------Kane--------------------

Not ideal to throw VDV in at the deep end but Dier is atrocious and Davies can't play in a 2. If he's not ready I'd start Sanchez.
yea probably will be the lineup. id probably rather see sarr in over PEH myself. but understand why ange wouldnt do that just yet.

Think we may give this lot a bit of a hiding sunday. They did a job on us last season but were different now. Think we will win either 3-0 or 3-1.

usa network mike warren GIF by Graceland

Kane
Is
Staying
AT_Spurs
Levy.Has
Pulled.Your
Laderhosens
Down!
Suck.it
Up
bitches!