Brentford vs Tottenham Hotspur. Saturday the 23rd of April at 17:30 PM

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

giphy-downsized-large.gif

What I don’t get is why do we bottle?

I don’t get it, time after time players that seem mentally weak. It’s no wonder the fans all melt, they just follow the players lead who seem to melt even harder than the meltiest fan.

It’s like a reverse Liverpool, players and fans even if the team is average expect, we just expect to fail. So fucking annoying.

Franke just said the phrase to abound” consume pressure” which is basically what we do generally.
Two teams with nothing to play for have out played us and out fought us.

The spine of the best of Poch were Jan, Toby, Dembele, Eriksen, with Rose and Walker at their best, which all allowed the forwards to play freely and openly.

That spine is now just a shambolic and weak collection of losers and misfits.

We've had no plan B for the best part of 20 years. When our plan works, it works spectacularly. But we don't have the quality or depth or creativity to try something else.

Away vs AC Milan = Plan B.
vs BVB in the CL x 4 = Plan B
Away vs RM = Plan B

Let's be honest though.... A Plan B is a lot harder to acheive if Plan A by default is low energy, pragmatic and in-flexible.

Not surprised at all but it still manages to ruin my weekends. Same old with this squad. Too many mentally weak bottlers who crumble at the faintest hint of pressure or opportunity. Why are they professional sportsmen and why is our club mentality so utterly shit?!

Which Conte was brought in as part of the issues to resolve.

The worst aspect is how passive we are and how little composure we possess or display..

Shocking.

Fuck off you cunt, it’s certainly dog shit but you don’t need to fucking enjoy it
It was irony.

noun
the expression of one's meaning by using language that normally signifies the opposite, typically for humorous or emphatic effect.

Absolutely nothing actually funny about the last two games.

So with respect, withdraw your comment please.

levy going back to poch would be it for me

pochs a yes man and will settle for low transfer budget
At least Poch genuinely gives a shit about the club and wants what's best for us.

Conte only wants what's best for Conte.

Conte only backs the winning horse and that's not us. He'll walk this summer. I'm sure the lack of transfer budget - however much it is - will be cited as the reason but it won't be.

Master tactician - after the last two games? Bringing on Sanchez? Do me a favour.

Spurs fans desperately cling on Conte like the fat ginger guy who somehow landed a 10 despite the fact she clearly treats him like shit. When a better bloke comes along, she'll be gone.

We can’t realistically think we will get anything at a field…just hope to minimize goal diff erosion and then ironically we rely on the irons to do us a favor against the scum before it comes down to the NLD face off!

There's a blueprint for a performance that will play to our strengths, but 343 ain't it.

We’ll fluke a league or FA Cup eventually, but I think the club will never again reach the consistency, quality of football, and high-level success of Pochettino’s years here. I think we topped out what the club’s capacity those years and I don’t expect to ever see better.

This isn’t a bring back Poch post, I loved his time here and will always view him positively but I don’t think he can recreate the magic again. He’s a good, not great manager. More than anything he was a perfect match for that group of players.

But everything went right at the club with that squad. We brought the captain of England through our academy. We bought Rose, Alli, Dier, and Walker as homegrown teenagers who cost a combined £11m and became immense players and regular internationals. Lloris, Eriksen, Toby, Vertonghen, Dembele and Wanyama all cost £15m or less. Hell Son was only £22m.

We had an unprecedented run of successful purchases and academy successes and we had some great years, a champions league final, but never actually won anything. We’ve seen in the subsequent years that what we did with player acquisition wasn’t replicable. Getting those players for those prices was miraculous.

I don’t see everything aligning like that for us again. We squandered our golden generation and now are just running on those fumes. I don’t expect to see anything as good for decades.

Back
Top Bottom