Brighton v Spurs 19/20 Ratings and ramblings

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

MOTM

• Total voters
(Allegedly only tackles once a game too. :roll: )

Someone crossed from the right; therefore initiate blinkered as fuck bias from minute 2 of MS's first PL game as RB.

Doesn't watch the guy; merely seeks data to castigate the fucker with.

Fucking horseshit.

Doesn’t watch the guy? I’ve fucking watched him, described it, put pictures up and backed it up with data.

Short of bringing him round your house and recreating it « Phoenix from the flames » style I couldn’t have covered more bases for supporting my opinion.

Lazy isn’t covering more ground than everyone else, whilst seeing more ball than most of your midfielders, whilst scoring and assisting 20+ goals a season.

Lazy is hiding from the fucking ball, pointing and walking to close someone down instead of sprinting.

I really don’t understand your daft loyalty to Eriksen. Anyone can cover a lot of ground if they are chasing the ball all game in midfield. Other than a lot of ball chasing he currently offers nothing. One free kick goal since 2015, can’t shoot anymore, can’t take corners and is so easy to dispossess.

I agree Sissoko is limited and his shooting is appalling but had it not been for his performances in midfield last year I doubt we would have made the CL this year.

Don’t think you were right about our subs either- winks was ok and Moura did more in the few minutes he was on than anyone else

Doesn’t watch the guy? I’ve fucking watched him, described it, put pictures up and backed it up with data.

Short of bringing him round your house and recreating it « Phoenix from the flames » style I couldn’t have covered more bases for supporting my opinion.

Actually.; in context: "Doesn't watch the guy; merely seeks data to castigate the fucker with."

Yeh, I just saw you trying to blame Sissoko for Son not being able to make a pass that wasn't on in another thread.... You just applied your blinkered shite to the pics you provided.... Yay 'evidence'.

Your 'evidence' tells you he doesn't tackle.

You blamed Sissoko for the first goal yesterday.... Banter!

Actually.; in context: "Doesn't watch the guy; merely seeks data to castigate the fucker with."

Yeh, I just saw you trying to blame Sissoko for Son not being able to make a pass that wasn't on in another thread.... You just applied your blinkered shite to the pics you provided.... Yay 'evidence'.

Your 'evidence' tells you he doesn't tackle.

You blamed Sissoko for the first goal yesterday.... Banter!

You mean the one where (even if you don’t think the pass was on) instead of moving into a position where it was he just fucking stands and points, despite him being in the much more advantageous position?

I was actually more referring to when Winks got hemmed in and they scored.

First goal more Lamela for sure, but Sissoko definitely for the second.

You mean the one where (even if you don’t think the pass was on) instead of moving into a position where it was he just fucking stands and points, despite him being in the much more advantageous position?

Your theory on that was ripped apart by multiple posters... Your 'evidence' got thrown out of 'court'....

You now doubling down really only reinforces my point.

I was actually more referring to when Winks got hemmed in and they scored.

Right.... So you in fact just posted the wrong pic and accidentally made all the accompanying comments did you? :roll:

First goal more Lamela for sure, but Sissoko definitely for the second.

You've changed your tune, but whatever..... Blaming anyone but Hugo for the first goal is laughable.

How many tackles did MS make yesterday... 0.476? :bentley:

What the Hell is Party 7?
Once opened it had to be finished, 7 pints. The 70's had a lot to answer for.
party-seven.jpg

Your theory on that was ripped apart by multiple posters... Your 'evidence' got thrown out of 'court'....

You now doubling down really only reinforces my point.

Right.... So you in fact just posted the wrong pic and accidentally made all the accompanying comments did you? :roll:

You've changed your tune, but whatever..... Blaming anyone but Hugo for the first goal is laughable.

How many tackles did MS make yesterday... 0.476? :bentley:

And....?

So you accused him of other things too?

I don't go through all your posts forensically, but low and behold the one 'case study' I did give time (the one where Son has the ball and you drew some lines on the pic) you were being 'creatively' harsh.

Funny that.

And....?

So you accused him of other things too?

I don't go through all your posts forensically, but low and behold the one 'case study' I did give time (the one where Son has the ball and you drew some lines on the pic) you were being 'creatively' harsh.

Funny that.

I wasn't being creatively harsh, even if the pass needed to be hit to Sissoko's (and I mean a foot or so) left to be safe, there was absolutely acres of space for that to happen, but Sissoko - as with the other piece of play I showed - refuses the option, pointing him elsewhere.

For fuck sake get your head out of your arse and comprehend what this means for us as a team. He's a fucking coward, there are all sorts of cowards, his is not being prepared to get on the ball when his team mates need it. Terrible quality in a football player.

I wasn't being creatively harsh, even if the pass needed to be hit to Sissoko's (and I mean a foot or so) left to be safe, there was absolutely acres of space for that to happen, but Sissoko - as with the other piece of play I showed - refuses the option, pointing him elsewhere.

(See counter arguments already presented by others.)

For fuck sake get your head out of your arse and comprehend what this means for us as a team. He's a fucking coward, there are all sorts of cowards, his is not being prepared to get on the ball when his team mates need it. Terrible quality in a football player.

Sure... That we can lean on MS as an option is what is behind all of our struggles. :roll:

"Coward" is the new narrative... Next: "He is Satan".

Simply comes back to what I've said all along.... It may not be pretty, but take him out of our team last year and our season (CL final & top 4) is an absolute shit show.... Most of football agrees with this.

Should we look to progress beyond him being a regular CM for us...? Sure, but that's a completely different argument to the bile you see fit to sling in his direction at every single turn.

Simply comes back to what I've said all along.... It may not be pretty, but take him out of our team last year and our season (CL final & top 4) is an absolute shit show.... Most of football agrees with this.

Bollocks. Take Eriksen's 26 goals and assists out, or Kane's 20 odd goals out and we'd have been fucked. There are kids in our academy who could have done a better job than Sissoko did as a midfielder and wouldn't have spent half the time hiding from the fucking ball and pointing as he does.

Should we look to progress beyond him being a regular CM for us...? Sure, but that's a completely different argument to the bile you see fit to sling in his direction at every single turn.

The venom is more a reaction to the misplaced hyperbolic bullshit that greets Sissoko's every fucking breath, and the bullshit that gets trotted out to counter even the most rational criticism of him.

And shit like "take him out of our team last year and our season is an absolute shit show" is a great example of that fucking nonsense.

Bollocks. Take Eriksen's 26 goals and assists out, or Kane's 20 odd goals out and we'd have been fucked.

#TeamFullOfEriksens.

...And round we go. :roll:

There are kids in our academy who could have done a better job than Sissoko did as a midfielder and wouldn't have spent half the time hiding from the fucking ball and pointing as he does.

....Where's your so-called evidence for this claim then, huh?

The venom is more a reaction to the misplaced hyperbolic bullshit that greets Sissoko's every fucking breath, and the bullshit that gets trotted out to counter even the most rational criticism of him.

And shit like "take him out of our team last year and our season is an absolute shit show" is a great example of that fucking nonsense.

Rubbish.. You always say this... It's a figment of your imagination due to your hang-ups over him.

Even with the quote you have taken from my post, you present that as me proclaiming him to be some kind of god when all it really does is acknowledges had he proved a vital cog in a plethora of games over the course of the year.

You're as good as admitting you pile on the hyperbole here; but still don't accept it when it's pointed out to you (he's made a visible difference in certain games, yet according to your 'woke' reportage, he has done nothing right ever).

#TeamFullOfEriksens.

...And round we go. :roll:

....Where's your so-called evidence for this claim then, huh?

Rubbish.. You always say this... It's a figment of your imagination due to your hang-ups over him.

Even with the quote you have taken from my post, you present that as me proclaiming him to be some kind of god when all it really does is acknowledges had he proved a vital cog in a plethora of games over the course of the year.

You're as good as admitting you pile on the hyperbole here; but still don't accept it when it's pointed out to you (he's made a visible difference in certain games, yet according to your 'woke' reportage, he has done nothing right ever).

Figment of my imagination. But our season falls apart without him? And I'm the blagger..whoscored.com's in on the conspiracy.

Back
Top Bottom