Brighton v Tottenham, Wed 16th March, ko 7.30pm - Not on tv.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We will win, because we lost the last game. Then we will lose at the weekend. This is Tottenham now.
Man you´re positive!
Happy Keep Your Head Up GIF by JCPenney

This club are way beyond the stage of predictions.

Brighton have every chance of winning, whichever team Potter puts out but we could equally wallop them by 3 or 4.

Absolutely devoid of consistency but the facts are we aren't a very good side but we do have some very good players.

This club are way beyond the stage of predictions.

Brighton have every chance of winning, whichever team Potter puts out but we could equally wallop them by 3 or 4.

Absolutely devoid of consistency but the facts are we aren't a very good side but we do have some very good players.

Yeah I think you’re definitely right. At some point though surely the players have to get themselves together and have a meeting and say to each other that this just can’t go on. Surely we have enough men in the dressing room to do that?

We have to win midweek, don’t and we are then in the position of trying to ensure we have no European football next year. Those extra games on top of the World Cup will fuck this squad up badly. I can see it already.

Yeah I think you’re definitely right. At some point though surely the players have to get themselves together and have a meeting and say to each other that this just can’t go on. Surely we have enough men in the dressing room to do that?

We have to win midweek, don’t and we are then in the position of trying to ensure we have no European football next year. Those extra games on top of the World Cup will fuck this squad up badly. I can see it already.

No idea mate.

We know we lack leaders and we miss a certain something, biggest thing for me being consistency.

Its just beyond us at present, so whilst I could accept losses to teams/players who are just better, it's the number of games we have lost to lesser teams that is breaking us. And then Saturday To a team that were ripe for plucking, we plucked it as usual.

Right now and for the 6 or 9 months prior to Pochettino leaving we have lost the consistency of performance that we had acquired.

People can go on all they like about sh!t players but without a philosophy and without Leadership on that pitch it doesn't matter who you have. Look at PSG for proof of that to some extent.

Wednesday? Who knows.

Tbh im disgusted were 8th and how this season has transpired. Looking at remaining games bar liverpool they look winnable. We should win wednesday as brighton are in freefall.
What’s the position to avoid the ECL this year? Last year we managed to get it bang on with 7th, but I’m hoping to avoid it this time.

What’s the position to avoid the ECL this year? Last year we managed to get it bang on with 7th, but I’m hoping to avoid it this time.
I'm pretty sure 7th will be ECL again, unless someone outside the top 6 wins the FA Cup, in which case 6th place gets ECL.

We've done the most important step to avoid ECL by bombing out of the League Cup. Now fingers crossed for 8th !!

(In case it's not obvious I'm hoping for 4th or 5th as a minimum.. Europa League is worthwhile).

I'm pretty sure 7th will be ECL again, unless someone outside the top 6 wins the FA Cup, in which case 6th place gets ECL.

We've done the most important step to avoid ECL by bombing out of the League Cup. Now fingers crossed for 8th !!

(In case it's not obvious I'm hoping for 4th or 5th as a minimum.. Europa League is worthwhile).
Right , so if as expected Liverpool, Man City or Chelsea (if they are still in existence) win the cup then 5th-6th is our target for Europa (assuming 4th is out of the question).

We'll finish 7th though won't we?

Right , so if as expected Liverpool, Man City or Chelsea (if they are still in existence) win the cup then 5th-6th is our target for Europa (assuming 4th is out of the question).

We'll finish 7th though won't we?
Wolves look a good side so no guarantees

I don’t get the snobbery between ECL and Europa…. I don’t want either. Thursday nights / Sunday PL, both have long travel against shit teams, both guarantee we won’t challenge for 4th

Back
Top Bottom