Brighton vs Tottenham Hotspur (A) - Thursday 28th December 19:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I agree with you but

Richy is better ‘ in the box’ whereas Son is better ‘on the run’ ,Leave it as it is.

If we are talking about playing in space and on the run against Brighton, a team who leave a lot of space at the back which allows strikers to run into it then I'll let you work out what the best option is...

If we are talking about playing in space and on the run against Brighton, a team who leave a lot of space at the back which allows strikers to run into it then I'll let you work out what the best option is...
I’m glad you agree, Son will be the one to run into the space and Richymwill be th one in the space to capitalise.

Son is better than him as a striker, it's as simple as that.

He's better playing in space, and the team are better for it finding his runs.

Richy is killing it getting on the end of low crosses and cut backs. That’s exactly what Ange ball is all aboit.

He’s also better at holding onto the ball in the middle which makes space for both Son and Johnson in behind.

Probably a 0% chance Ange moves Richy out wide. I’m guessing the only decision he has to make is who starts #6. If there is a game where he could put GLC there, it might be this one

Great coach de zerbi but a bit arrogant. Lost some good players. Think we will edge this one 2-1.

Agree on De Zerbi.

Brighton are a bit fragile at present and we are on a good run but are blighted by injuries, altbough Brighton are also missing a few.

We know how we will want to play, and Brighton will give us opportunities to attack the spaces.

Hard to predict..

Richy is killing it getting on the end of low crosses and cut backs. That’s exactly what Ange ball is all aboit.

He’s also better at holding onto the ball in the middle which makes space for both Son and Johnson in behind.

Probably a 0% chance Ange moves Richy out wide. I’m guessing the only decision he has to make is who starts #6. If there is a game where he could put GLC there, it might be this one

He's already put Richie out wide to accommodate for Son's pace against Burnley then gave him a run in the team.

Those two will rotate throughout the season depending on opposition.

He's already put Richie out wide to accommodate for Son's pace against Burnley then gave him a run in the team.

Those two will rotate throughout the season depending on opposition.
This was early on when he didn’t know the players as well.

Richy has been really poor on the wing, son has been up and down. Both have been scoring goals at CF. I think richy stays at CF because he’s worse on the wing than son.

Just want to see some good football and an exciting game. Not arsed about the result whatsoever
Excuse Me What GIF by Bounce

This was early on when he didn’t know the players as well.

Richy has been really poor on the wing, son has been up and down. Both have been scoring goals at CF. I think richy stays at CF because he’s worse on the wing than son.

That's not true, he provided 2 assists in 4 matches, he just couldn't finish.

Also Son being good on the wing is some mad revisionism, at the start of the season everyone was begging to take him off the wing because people realised that he struggled to beat his man and was more effective as a striker which was proved.

The Newcastle match is giving people some mad revisionism about Son.

That's not true, he provided 2 assists in 4 matches, he just couldn't finish.

Also Son being good on the wing is some mad revisionism, at the start of the season everyone was begging to take him off the wing because people realised that he struggled to beat his man and was more effective as a striker which was proved.

The Newcastle match is giving people some mad revisionism about Son.
Son played wide left all the time he played alongside Kane. The only time he he played as a central striker while he played with Kane was when Kane had spells out injured

Son played wide left all the time he played alongside Kane. The only time he he played as a central striker while he played with Kane was when Kane had spells out injured

That's when he could play wide left throughout the majority of his career, his best position now by far is a striker.

That's when he could play wide left throughout the majority of his career, his best position now by far is a striker.
He struggles against teams who sit deep & his hold up play with his back to goal is pretty poor. He’s also no threat in the air. I still think he’ll do a decent job wide of a central striker

He struggles against teams who sit deep & his hold up play with his back to goal is pretty poor. He’s also no threat in the air. I still think he’ll do a decent job wide of a central striker

That's literally the point mate, Brighton don't do that hence why he should start up front as a striker.

I'm thinking Sarr could do a good job as a 6 sarr, lo Celso, Kulusevski maybe?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom