Brighton vs Tottenham Hotspur (A) - Thursday 28th December 19:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So it's better to play Hojbjerg in a position he hasn't played for years (or at all)?

I know what I think is more pathetic of the two choices. 1, trying to play Dier or 2, Højbjerg in a position he's not used to, hoping he won't make a mistake.
I don't think either will do the job.
Dier will back off and watch goals going in
Hoijberg will lunge in and miss and then watch the goals go in

Seems daft to move Richie whilst he’s on fire but having read your above post, I get it.

Not sure I would change things from the start though. Maybe start Richie in the middle then swap with Son if needed.

It's absolutely logical tbh, Son's just a better striker in space than Richie, Brighton take a lot of risks, they commit loads of players forward and leave their defenders in 1 on 1 situations (like us) Difference is that Son is an absolute killer in those situations.

It's absolutely logical tbh, Son's just a better striker in space than Richie, Brighton take a lot of risks, they commit loads of players forward and leave their defenders in 1 on 1 situations (like us) Difference is that Son is an absolute killer in those situations.

Would still start Richie in the middle. bloke is a confidence player and he’s on fire atm.

Stupid to move him imv.

So it's better to play Hojbjerg in a position he hasn't played for years (or at all)?

I know what I think is more pathetic of the two choices. 1, trying to play Dier or 2, Højbjerg in a position he's not used to, hoping he won't make a mistake.
dier is fucking awful. he cant even win headers hes favorite for now either. PEH 100% would be a better fit at Cb than having to use dier.

Son will still get Space in behind.

He did second half vs Everton too.

It’s about what we do with the space. We get goals out of both with Richy through the middle. Why trade that for just Son goals through the middle?
i think richy left and son middle against a side who come and have a go would prob be better. son central can be devastating in them games as he can go both ways. you also got rich at the back post for when kulu has the ball, ready for one of his little clipped crosses to the back post.

saying that kulu prob be in the hole wont he for this.

i think richy left and son middle against a side who come and have a go would prob be better. son central can be devastating in them games as he can go both ways. you also got rich at the back post for when kulu has the ball, ready for one of his little clipped crosses to the back post.

saying that kulu prob be in the hole wont he for this.

I would guess Deki stays in the 10 role yeah.

Either that or Brennan gets a rest and GLC starts.

I'm sticking with Richy down the middle if it's me. He's our most in-form player and draws defenders to him and that opens space in behind for our pace merchants on either side.

Udogie back is massive.
There were several times v Everton, where a clever inverted full back would have had a field day.
We were hugging the sidelines and their full backs were joining our wingers.
The space at times was scary.
Their full backs didn't know whether to stick or twist.
Udogie would have created hell.

dier is fucking awful. he cant even win headers hes favorite for now either. PEH 100% would be a better fit at Cb than having to use dier.
I'm not so sure. I'd prefer Royal or Philips (even though I have never seen him play), over Højbjerg.

Last edited:
Using Richie in his BEST position whilst he’s in his BEST form.

Like I said can always change it up on the fly. Not a difficult change to make.

Son is better than him as a striker, it's as simple as that.

He's better playing in space, and the team are better for it finding his runs.

I'm an ill-informed, lazy cunt, but are Brighton a bit average at the moment? It's not a scary time to play them, right? Lost to Chelsea recently, drew with Palace, what's up with them? Injuries?

1-2 win for Spurs, holding on for dear life after blasting them in the hoop for the first 25 minutes or so.
I agree with you but
Son is better than him as a striker, it's as simple as that.

He's better playing in space, and the team are better for it finding his runs.
Richy is better ‘ in the box’ whereas Son is better ‘on the run’ ,Leave it as it is.

This won't be as physical as the toffs game but, we'll need to move the ball between the lines sharpish so the player at the base of the midfield needs to be pretty neat on the ball

Skipp had a decent game last time out so this is no blight on him, I'd go with Lo Celso at the base. He's tenacious and let's be honest, he's a baller too

Richardson did his back in and had to come off 2/3 of the way through the game. He might be out for this which is such a bummer for him after his confidence has levelled up. Here's hoping he's ok to start

Kulusevski needs to put more of a shift in this game. That sounds crazy considering he is out running everyone lol. It's more; his defensive duties were proper lacking against Everton. Poor old Skipp was left to cover their entire midfield at times

If he wants to play in the advanced midfielder role, he needs to take note of Maddison. He tracks back and plays as a right back at times. I'm yet to see Dejan this deep

Vicario

Porro Romero Davies Udogie

Lo Celso

Sarr Kulusevski

Johnson Richarlison Son​

Yeah this is the game where Bissouma not playing is a huge miss. I’d be a lot more confident with him on the pitch

Back
Top Bottom