Brighton vs Tottenham Hotspur (A) - Thursday 28th December 19:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

sarr, lo Celso, Kulusevski maybe
defo the best ball playing midfield we can put together right now. gio gets stuck in too. far better option that skipp or PEH.

lets be honest theres not one position on a football pitch skipp is better at gio at. ones a starter for the world champions and ones a championship footballer. its night and day the gulf in quality.

That's not true, he provided 2 assists in 4 matches, he just couldn't finish.

Also Son being good on the wing is some mad revisionism, at the start of the season everyone was begging to take him off the wing because people realised that he struggled to beat his man and was more effective as a striker which was proved.

The Newcastle match is giving people some mad revisionism about Son.
Both have been better at CF than the wing. Richy didn’t have an assist until the 6th game of the season in his 11 minute appearance against Sheffield, so not sure where this 2 in 4 matches is coming from.

I agree the Newcastle match is one of the few good performances from son on the wing but richy doesn’t even have that.

Both have been better at CF than the wing. Richy didn’t have an assist until the 6th game of the season in his 11 minute appearance against Sheffield, so not sure where this 2 in 4 matches is coming from.

I agree the Newcastle match is one of the few good performances from son on the wing but richy doesn’t even have that.

That's because Richie was playing up front until Liverpool, he got an assist that match and got an assist against Fulham where he was on the left again, look:

I don't care about how Richie plays on the left anyway, I'm saying that as a team against these sorts of opponents we are better off with Son up front.

View: https://twitter.com/simonyemane/status/1693909088290197510

I don't know why people are so against something so obvious.

Richie is playing well and showing consistency at least. We should not muck him about by moving him especially as Son only has 2 more matches before he pisses off on International duty \and we will need Richie central then. I have always liked it when players switch positions during matches and if it is not working switch.

Guess his legs could be pretty handy in the 6 position? But I see your point. I'm however thinking Sarr's skillset is better in a deeper position than Lo Celso's
Yeah fair. I just love him watching him gallop and cover the ground and sitting in the 6 stops that energy. It’s a more disciplined role in a specific area

I think I would play Skipp as 6 tbh

Yeah fair. I just love him watching him gallop and cover the ground and sitting in the 6 stops that energy. It’s a more disciplined role in a specific area

I think I would play Skipp as 6 tbh
I agree, and I guess Skipp needs a few games before we see what he can do. This first game wasn't a complete success.

I think he needs to keep getting starts as 6 , we will need it when Biss and Sarr is away, if Bentancour isn't back by then.

Win this and I'll buy everyone on this forum a fish supper.

Just transfer me your bank details inc. sort code and account number and I'll have the cost of the chippy in your account within 10 working days.

I agree, and I guess Skipp needs a few games before we see what he can do. This first game wasn't a complete success.

I think he needs to keep getting starts as 6 , we will need it when Biss and Sarr is away, if Bentancour isn't back by then.
Yeah…. We know Hoj do it there, might as well give him a chance. Never gonna be first choice but….

That's because Richie was playing up front until Liverpool, he got an assist that match and got an assist against Fulham where he was on the left again, look:

I don't care about how Richie plays on the left anyway, I'm saying that as a team against these sorts of opponents we are better off with Son up front.

The point here is very fair, but for this game I’d rather have Son and Udogie combining against their 18 year old right back who is playing his 5th first team game.

You still on this?

Back
Top Bottom