Brighton Vs Tottenham - Sun 31st Jan 7:15pm - Live On Sky.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Result

• Brighton Win

Votes: 57 33.1%
  • Spurs Win

Votes: 65 37.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 50 29.1%

• Total voters
Once upon a time it was all Trippiers fault, then Diers, then Sissokos then Winks.
ece3c03d-e261-4e90-a5cd-70e2b5a730d3.jpg

We can't complain about lazy players if our punctuation is similarly slapdash Sammers

Once upon a time it was all Trippiers fault, then Diers, then Sissokos then Winks.

Ive had a theory for years that the problem is our attack.....they seem to go unscathed in most of the critique, but Kane, Son, Dele and Eriksen have all performed abysmally at times over the years, and Son right now deserves to be dropped for Lamela or Moura.

That’s how shit he’s been. Sometimes Kane has been equally shit but it’s this elephant in the room that everyone gets ratty over.

The longer we hide behind limp, wasteful shit performances up top because they are supposedly world class the longer we suffer.

Dele, Eriksen and Son are/were not world class. Kane? I’ll be honest the jury is out. Numbers are good, but I’ve seen him be shit too often and I’m sick of it.

Defensive flaws aside, how the fuck can these players not out score Brighton, Palace, Fulham?
First they came for Tripper, and I did not speak out,
because I'm not a fullback

Then they came for Dier, and I did not speak out,
because I'm not a CB

Then they came for Sissoko, and I did not speak out,
because I'm not a CM

Then they came for Winks, and I did not speak out,
because I'm not a midfielder

But when they came for Harry, I said,
"What the fuck are you smoking ?"

One passage of play in particular, really pissed me off.

IIRC, it was in the first half.
PEH broke up an attack on, or near, our 18 yard box. He then runs with the ball, under pressure, to roughly the half way line.
Once he starts the run, all our players stand still and just look at him. Not one made, a run, made an andle, or tried to help him out.
Mine was the first half, we are attacking.

Son has the ball on the edge of their area and we pass it all the way back to Hugo! WTF?

That was the straw that broke the camel's back for me.

Back
Top Bottom