Brighton Vs Tottenham - Sun 31st Jan 7:15pm - Live On Sky.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Result

• Brighton Win

Votes: 57 33.1%
  • Spurs Win

Votes: 65 37.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 50 29.1%

• Total voters
This is a good point. I think even Jose has acknowledged this. He described it as "sleeping with a too small blanket" in an interview or something like that.

Either we shore up our shakey defence with a few extra midfielders, and sacrifice attacking power. Or we put our focus on attack and risk exposing the defence.
I said to some one recently that we're not so much parking the bus. but putting a ring of protection around the bus to stop it being ripped apart.

Sissoko and Moura down this right flank look dangerous!!!
Dele would have run this game.
Ndombele as magnificent as we continue to be told?
Vinicius worth playing definitely.
Are we getting the best out of Bale -silly short spells -give him a run!
Lamela has been here for 8 years!
Moura hasn't looked dangerous for years.
Sissoko is a guy I have time for but he's about as dangerous in attack as as a pacifist on the front line.
TND is a wonderfully skilled footballer who sometimes looks like he can't be fucked playing with pub level footballers around him.
Whilst he's pivoting and swinging around trying to keep hold of the ball, the average dross around him needlessly pass it straight to th nearest opposition.

It's all a massive clusterfuck. He'll throw his toys out of his pram in the summer and go to a big club, And tbh, I wouldn't begrudge him.

When you are in a moment like this, most managers would go back to the basics of being solid first. Even Pep did that after we beat them and now they are on fire. It might not be pleasant in the short term but Mourinho has to simplify things. Let's have a low block, Vinicius up front and go from there. We need to start keeping some clean sheets if we are going to change anything. We don't have the quality or mental toughness to do anything else.
We’ve basically been a low block team and hasn’t worked and you think the solution is to... go back to a more basic low block? It’s pretty clear we should start with intensity and attacking intent at home and even away against teams who are bottom half, if not against teams who’re not top 6.

Liverpool and Man City have instilled fear in their opponents by having a clear, structured and flowing attacking strategy. I can’t imagine Burnley coming to our stadium and think “Woah Spurs defend so well I hope we gonna get unscathered today”. Low block is fucking useless against teams from bottom half. Keep that shit for top sides if you have an obsession for the low block.

We’ve basically been a low block team and hasn’t worked and you think the solution is to... go back to a more basic low block? It’s pretty clear we should start with intensity and attacking intent at home and even away against teams who are bottom half, if not against teams who’re not top 6.

Liverpool and Man City have instilled fear in their opponents by having a clear, structured and flowing attacking strategy. I can’t imagine Burnley coming to our stadium and think “Woah Spurs defend so well I hope we gonna get unscathered today”. Low block is fucking useless against teams from bottom half. Keep that shit for top sides if you have an obsession for the low block.

Well yeah, our next game is against Chelsea, not Burnley. We need to keep a clean sheet to have any chance of a result.

A 3 man back-line with 2 Wing-backs in-capable of actually utilizing the very point of the formation via attacking up the wing.......What a shit show by Jose. I know the players were diabolical yesterday as well, but the manager setting them up from the go so poorly has to have a negative effect on the players.

The midfield is being held back by the shaky defence.
People have had the wool pulled over their eyes about our defence because of the goals conceded column. It's only like that because we have so many bodies protecting them. And that seems to have been found o
..."so many bodies protecting them" consisted of PEH and Tanguy (who is not a DM) protecting a back 5 - we need MORE MFs to win the MF and shield our defenders...Poch found this out the hard way...
COYS

You seem to suffer from a T-junction error, which makes the rest of this moot
Brilliant. Your whole argument is moot. Trying to be a smartarse when you know I'm right. Great Jose masterclass last night....also what kind of person joins the forum as a Jose fanboy and then attacks other spurs fans....I'll tell you: the worst kind.

We're 6 points off Leicester in 4th with a game in hand and have a Cup Final to play as well two other competitions. We had 3 less points at this stage last season and 6 less goal difference. Liverpool were 13 points clear. Between 2nd and 10th was 17 points, this season it's only 10 points.

Everyone is dropping points. It's a fucking weird season, no fans is clearly having an effect on results all over the place IMO. Honestly, I personally wouldn't judge any manager after a season during a pandemic.

That was also their 3rd game in 6 days and teams have to do a lot of running against Liverpool, if Son's goal is given, maybe that's a different game with a lead. Maybe Harry doesn't get injured. As it is now the team are rocked a bit, they know how important H is.

Some of them didn't show enough fight or urgency in the first half, Bale looks like he's lost the hunger for it. He's a senior player, I expected a bit more pride and less vanity... very sad to see. Would send him back this Summer unless he starts to put it in, defensively he was absolutely shocking. If you're not going to do the dirty work, you better look like you're trying to do something special going forward or at least having an impact.

I thought were better 2nd half after he came off and moved the ball far quicker in the last 20 minutes or so.

Mourinho is a proven winner and I expect him to be given far more time and some resources to be able to build a squad. I feel too many are lacking in character and the right sort of attitude, from everything I've seen I actually think Dele's one of those sadly and think Jose is right.

We are dying for some creativity, if they can bring Eriksen back for a while I hope they do now (was never his biggest fan tbh)...we are lacking a final ball.

I think Rodon is a good addition, he looks like he has real quality and will get better as he gets more games. Need more from Lo Celso when he gets fit. Apart from Reguillon, Jose has gotten players from the bargain basement aside from the squad he inherited which had clear problems. I'm still not overly convinced about Bergwijn at this point tbh, doesn't affect games enough. Vinicius is raw and needs more time to settle, although personally I think for the size of him he looks a bit soft, should be bullying defenders. Don't think he'll do tbh.

Hojbjerg is top top class, the right stuff attitude wise.

Text I got from insider:
Mourinho on borrowed time. Slowly losing the dressing room because he is insisting on playing three at the back which quickly becomes 5 at the back and an over run midfield. The players hate it and quite frankly I don’t think we have the personnel capable. Player power largely made the half time change
Seems legit. o_O

Brilliant. Your whole argument is moot. Trying to be a smartarse when you know I'm right. Great Jose masterclass last night....also what kind of person joins the forum as a Jose fanboy and then attacks other spurs fans....I'll tell you: the worst kind.
You are truly amusing.

Guess you don't know what a T-junction error is.

We're 6 points off Leicester in 4th with a game in hand and have a Cup Final to play as well two other competitions. We had 3 less points at this stage last season and 6 less goal difference. Liverpool were 13 points clear. Between 2nd and 10th was 17 points, this season it's only 10 points.

Everyone is dropping points. It's a fucking weird season, no fans is clearly having an effect on results all over the place IMO. Honestly, I personally wouldn't judge any manager after a season during a pandemic.

We are also tied with Everton and 1 point ahead Villa we are playing the what if game.

Liverpool has played a large part of the season with its 4th, 5th, 6th choice CB and missing key MF, City have played without Aguero for most of the season and KDB for the last few games.

We have been relatively injury free until now.

I would say those injuries have done a lot to keep us in so "close" to the top teams.

There is more that enough to judge Jose on what he has done here and it has been 100% crap. Zero positives he has brought to the club at all.

One passage of play in particular, really pissed me off.

IIRC, it was in the first half.
PEH broke up an attack on, or near, our 18 yard box. He then runs with the ball, under pressure, to roughly the half way line.
Once he starts the run, all our players stand still and just look at him. Not one made, a run, made an andle, or tried to help him out.

One passage of play in particular, really pissed me off.

IIRC, it was in the first half.
PEH broke up an attack on, or near, our 18 yard box. He then runs with the ball, under pressure, to roughly the half way line.
Once he starts the run, all our players stand still and just look at him. Not one made, a run, made an andle, or tried to help him out.

One passage of play ?

It's omnipresent in almost every minute we play. When we are forced to have passages of possession we look devoid of any coached methodology. In fact it almost looks like we've been coached to not want the ball.

that 2nd half was such a mess.
It seemed to be an all out attack approach and had Brighton be more clinical we probably would've lost like 3-0.

the 1-0 flattered Mourinho a bit.

But that 2nd half shows he has no tactics. Completly changes his gameplan .why? and then we are just left so open and don't even look to have a cutting edge.

I need to see something so different v Chelsea on Thursday.
Ohhhh Bro, you definitely will be seeing something different this Thursday, and that's some clinical finishing, not by our shower ( as we don't have NO cutting edge ).

One passage of play ?

It's omnipresent in almost every minute we play. When we are forced to have passages of possession we look devoid of any coached methodology. In fact it almost looks like we've been coached to not want the ball.
Yeah, it's just that one part that really stood out for me. Nobody within 20 yds of him and nobody interested in helping him out. He loses the ball (not his fault) and we are back where we started.

Oh no, Igula disagrees. Time to give up the internet then. 🤨
Never, did he!.....
159-EFD24-4708-47-EB-97-AB-C063-D6-EEE038.gif

Back
Top Bottom