Bryan Gil

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He's only getting minutes because both Perisic and Solomon are out injured.

Just shows how thin our squad is right now really. That arguably our sixth choice left winger (Behind Son, Johnson, Richarlison, Perisic and Solomon) is getting minutes in need of us getting something from a losing position.

He'll be gone next summer.

Just saw a headline suggesting Bryan wants out.

He hasn’t really pulled up any trees in his time here. I can’t say I’d miss him if he went. Would need replacement depth though.

He hasn’t really pulled up any trees in his time here. I can’t say I’d miss him if he went. Would need replacement depth though.
Solomon is on the way back from injury now.

Yes, time to go, but...

I would much prefer we send him on loan to another PL team...Brighton would be ideal. Or Fulham, Palace, even Brentford. Perhaps if he played somewhere with less pressure and, mainly, started week in week out...he'd come good. He's defo got a nice pair of feet and a good football brain on him, just needs a proper chance to work on the rest.

If he does go this month, I don't think we need to sign a replacement. Sonny will be back in 2-3 weeks. Solomon on his way back too, it seems. We have signed Werner. And perhaps we can (should?) give Gil's minutes to someone like Jamie.

thfc want €7-8M to sell Bryan Gil this month. The player is prioritising establishing himself at Spurs and proving himself to Ange Postecoglou though. Should he leave the club, however, he wants a long-term permanent project and not a temporary solution. Sevilla have already sent a strong proposal. [Estadio Deportivo]
Makes sense, with a 50% of profit clause, type deal.

Just not happened here for him, hopefully he flourishes in Spain and we get a big second chunk back of our huge outlay.

Makes sense, with a 50% of profit clause, type deal.

Just not happened here for him, hopefully he flourishes in Spain and we get a big second chunk back of our huge outlay.
Understandably, the lad wants some certainty about his career. His contract runs to 2026 so another loan neither helps us or him.

Yes, time to go, but...

I would much prefer we send him on loan to another PL team...Brighton would be ideal. Or Fulham, Palace, even Brentford. Perhaps if he played somewhere with less pressure and, mainly, started week in week out...he'd come good. He's defo got a nice pair of feet and a good football brain on him, just needs a proper chance to work on the rest.

If he does go this month, I don't think we need to sign a replacement. Sonny will be back in 2-3 weeks. Solomon on his way back too, it seems. We have signed Werner. And perhaps we can (should?) give Gil's minutes to someone like Jamie.
I just can’t see him adapting to the league, even with less pressure and more game time.

No we don't really.

Even as of now we have Kulusevski, Richie, Werner, Johnson. Madders and Solomon are soon coming back. I am not sure if Dane is able to play?

Son will return in Feb. Since Feb and from there on he has 0 gametime even after numerous injuries.

Also, if we need few 10 min sub appearances, I'd be happy if Donley plays instead of Gil. I see it more likely that Donley will cut it on EPL level rather than Gil.

Back
Top Bottom