Bryan Gil

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'd take anything for him now.

Signed for £21.6m on a 5 year deal in 2021

Although, about £8 to 10 million to balance out for accounting purposes. I think we'll be lucky to get that. So possibly another loan ahead for him unless we cut some losses.

I'd take anything for him now.

Signed for £21.6m on a 5 year deal in 2021

Although, about £8 to 10 million to balance out for accounting purposes. I think we'll be lucky to get that. So possibly another loan ahead for him unless we cut some losses.
The accounting purposes thing only works (if at all) if the player is actually of value in playing terms. So for example, signing a player for £20m on 5 years and loaning him the full 5 years to cover his wages ... is still a loss of £20m!

Even a few £m now for Gil is probably the best available outcome for THFC.

The accounting purposes thing only works (if at all) if the player is actually of value in playing terms. So for example, signing a player for £20m on 5 years and loaning him the full 5 years to cover his wages ... is still a loss of £20m!

Even a few £m now for Gil is probably the best available outcome for THFC.

Not for FFP purposes in the final set of accounts of his contract. The loss is amortised over the 5 years. If he is sold at the end of it for £1 then that is a £1 profit in the accounts........as far as I understand it. In the final year if he is sold for £6m then it is a £1m profit in the year end accounts, the loss is historic.

Anyway, it isnt for fans to worry. Just sell him.

Not for FFP purposes in the final set of accounts of his contract. The loss is amortised over the 5 years. If he is sold at the end of it for £1 then that is a £1 profit in the accounts........as far as I understand it. In the final year if he is sold for £6m then it is a £1m profit in the year end accounts, the loss is historic.

Anyway, it isnt for fans to worry. Just sell him.
Yes, for FFP you're right.

I did like Lamela. Spiteful and skilful. Great combination 👍

For comparisons

final 3 years for Erik = 103 games. First three years for Bryan = 43 games.

Not sure how many games Bryan has started overall, but not many in the premier league I recall him starting so his 43 includes probably 50% appearances from the bench?

Lamela made over 250 appearances for Spurs. Gil won’t.
I certainly never meant that Gil was in any way whatsoever an upgrade on Lamela.
Although that's with hindsight. I think much like Lamela, fans and the clubs hopes for what he would become have been proven wrong. We thought both would be creative attacking flair players. Lamela was mostly a WUM and Gil is just meh.

I certainly never meant that Gil was in any way whatsoever an upgrade on Lamela.
Although that's with hindsight. I think much like Lamela, fans and the clubs hopes for what he would become have been proven wrong. We thought both would be creative attacking flair players. Lamela was mostly a WUM and Gil is just meh.

Having hopes for a player is "wrong"?

Da fucks going on here?

Such a nothing player you forget he is even an option.

No more of these toss signings, for the love of god.
When you rattle the bargain bin, you have to accept that for every Udogie there will be a Gill. Gill is completely worthless whereas Udogie is worth x3 what we pay. Release Gill for free and move on

Back
Top Bottom