Bryan Gil

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think Son had a broken arm (or another hand injury) which caused him to miss a few weeks after the Olympics. We were willing to let him go to the Olympics this year as well. I doubt we'd do that if Son was gonna miss the first month of the season due to that. Especially as he's already exempt from military services.

La Liga ended on 23rd May and the Olympics started on 23rd July. Gil must have had a decent break in those two months. I remember Kane went on a short holiday in between the end of the PL season and the start of Euros. So, players can obviously take a holiday before a tournament starts (especially one starting 2 months after the season ends).
Sons broken arm was a year later in 2017 after a world cup qualifier

Looking forward to seeing him play. I love these types of signings where you take a chance and could potentially strike gold.

It's why I never had an issue with signings like Dos Santos. It didn't work out but he was certainly worth a punt.

Looking forward to seeing him play. I love these types of signings where you take a chance and could potentially strike gold.

It's why I never had an issue with signings like Dos Santos. It didn't work out but he was certainly worth a punt.
GDS had absolutely no problem with technical ability, it was his application and work rate that was the problem sadly.

Is that a joke? What is it with old white men wanting all males to have the same boring haircut all the time? The war is over we can move on now dude.
How on earth is the colour of someone's skin relevant to being a grumpy old man?

I am speaking here, on behalf of the Global Rancorous Union of Miserable People.

giphy.gif

So a week after we buy Gil off of Sevilla so that they can balance their wage bill, La Liga are supposedly looking to relax those rules to allow clubs to register their squads.

lol.

Well done Spain for reaching the final. Big Bryan's guaranteed at least a silver medal now.

I know its considered a bit crap in the UK but its a big deal here, partly as a result of what was to be a "golden generation" winning gold at Barcelona 1992 before (a limited number of) older players could take part

I like what i've seen of him. Proper Spurs player, bit of flair about him. He's very young and raw so need to be patient with him but he looks like a baller.

I just hope he's allowed the freedom to play and not made into a defensive wide player like we've done with others over the last few years.

I think he could turn out to be a great player. But if people are expecting him to make a big impact this coming season I think many are going to be extremely dissapointing. He's going to need to bulk up a but first and foremost if he's to survive the Premier League, as from what I've seen of him a strong breeze knocks him over. The potential is there though - Technically he's very good. The final ball will hopefully come the more he improves. Like you said, people need to be patient with him and not expect an instant impact just because he has a few caps for Spain.

Blimey. That means he won’t be seen at Hotspur way until the start of September. Unlikely we’ll see him before the palace game (11/9). Then the next 2 are Chelsea and Scum. Will he be thrown into one of those for his debut?
Can't see him playing for a bit anyway tbh, look s skillful but raw and skinny as. Great prospect but it'll surely take him a while to get settled and capable in the prem.

The Bryan Team is going for gold at 12:30 UK time vs Brazil.

Well, I say "Bryan Team", it's pretty much nailed on that he'll start on the bench. We might want him to stay there, he'll be up against Dani Alves if he comes on

Edit: Yep, no surprises, he's on the bench

Last edited:
How on earth is the colour of someone's skin relevant to being a grumpy old man?

I am speaking here, on behalf of the Global Rancorous Union of Miserable People.

giphy.gif

The most qualified GRUMP I know, the father of my colleague, is a Brit-Pakistani.

He's taking it to whole new levels.

Fantastic human being, I adore him.

Back
Top Bottom