Bryan Gil

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Gil needs to improve his end product - assists & goals - but he's the type of player who will look better amongst top players who can anticipate
He's played enough with Kane and Son, no doubt plenty in training. He'll be 22 in February - I think he needs to break out this season or it's not going to happen.

Just for shits and giggles last season I bought the "elite" home shirt,number 11, name Bryan !
Cost a bloody load, great value .........
Live and learn I guess.
Ps can someone take Bryan over to the Turkish for a mega feed up in the grim hope he might get a cup game or two.

Don't see all this "great talent" business others do. Jude Bellingham is a great talent. Jamal Musiala is a great talent. Without writing him off, Gil is 21 and should have some kind of end product in his game to an extent if he's going to become a serious player. He can look neat and tidy, and works hard, but he's just no sort of goal threat. Also doesn't seem to have the hunger and appetite to succeed for us going by what he's said since his loan move. I think the kind of player he is, and his natural build, a Premier League move has come far too early in his career.

Reminds me a bit of Jose Antonio Reyes at Woolwich who also moved here when he was young and fragile. Had so much talent (more than Gil seems to) but was just never built to be a sustained success in the Premier League.

Don't see all this "great talent" business others do. Jude Bellingham is a great talent. Jamal Musiala is a great talent. Without writing him off, Gil is 21 and should have some kind of end product in his game to an extent if he's going to become a serious player. He can look neat and tidy, and works hard, but he's just no sort of goal threat. Also doesn't seem to have the hunger and appetite to succeed for us going by what he's said since his loan move. I think the kind of player he is, and his natural build, a Premier League move has come far too early in his career.

Reminds me a bit of Jose Antonio Reyes at Woolwich who also moved here when he was young and fragile. Had so much talent (more than Gil seems to) but was just never built to be a sustained success in the Premier League.
Every player has their own journey my friend.

This

Core strength is a must for smaller players. He doesn't need to bulk up to a Ronaldo or Bale type of physique. That's not his game anyway.

He just needs to be able to stay on the ball when getting ruffled up a bit. Core strength does that. How big your biceps or lats are don't.
Episode 1 Applause GIF by Friends

Not sure I see the point of farming him out to yet another different country..... Suggests to me he's just being punted about until we can get a fee for him; which would be a shame.

Not sure I see the point of farming him out to yet another different country..... Suggests to me he's just being punted about until we can get a fee for him; which would be a shame.

I don’t think he is a player that Conte can use in his system. He can‘t play as a wing back and he isn’t robust enough to play as one of the three forwards. Just doesn‘t fit Conte’s principles of football.

Seen nothing to suggest he has an immediate future at Spurs in any game he's played for us.
We sent a half decent but ageing and horrfically injury prone player out in exchange for a hit and hope youngster.

If anyone is convinced he's going to be a megastart and we must do everything to keep him, you need to have a cold shower, the heats gotten to you.

Seen nothing to suggest he has an immediate future at Spurs in any game he's played for us.
We sent a half decent but ageing and horrfically injury prone player out in exchange for a hit and hope youngster.

If anyone is convinced he's going to be a megastart and we must do everything to keep him, you need to have a cold shower, the heats gotten to you.

"Megastar" need not be the bench-mark for a useful and viable player.

........This attitude just meshes with your prior 'close the academy cos they're not all Harry Kanes' stupidity.

Last edited:
Fair point, but do we really expect Conte to be here more than 1-2 years?

No but he has been given free reign over the squad. Anyone he doesn’t want to use will not stay here.

In any case it will probably be another loan so no big deal.

Agree. Building him up in England would only benefit us after Conte leaves.

If no English team is interested in him then he has to go somewhere else.

Back
Top Bottom