Bundesliga Set to Restart May 15

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Spurs branded halftime Zoom session so you can chat with other supporters in a virtual queue whilst you wait for the time lock on your Spurs branded HT pint in the fridge to open, hopefully with enough time for you to guzzle it down and get back to the sofa and start mashing the "Glory glory" pay-per-chorus button right as the 2nd half kicks off.
This has circle of doom written all over it.

If we assume that the virus doesn't go away by itself (not as absurd as it may sound) then; in football terms; we are presented with 2 options. My fear is that the public is being prepared for option (2) and football is being used to acclimatise us to the 'new normal' that many many people will die.

1. Continue to treat the disease as a HIGH RISK. No crowds, strict testing of players. Limit player social contact.

Pros :
- wahey, we get to see football again
Cons :
- player(s) or coach catch it. Quarantine entire squad and recent opponents for 14 days?
- No revenues from match day
- Likely public pressure to air games on 'free to air' TV.
- The vaccine will likely be delivered along with the vaccine for HIV, dengue fever and malaria. i.e. we aren't getting an effective vaccine folks. How long can this possibly continue?
- Will players union tolerate them being treated as fish in a bowl? Kept away from their family and friends and lives risked each week?

2. Go back to (new) normal. If players get sick, they don't play. If players die; we wear a black armband. Its the new normal. MOTD can have a weekly tribute to those player who died that week. We can even clap in the street for them; they'd love that.

Pros :
- Wahey, we get to see football again
- Matchday revenue is back
Cons :
- Widespread infection. 70-80% of people will catch it. Many thousands will become ill. Gamble that the 'death' rate is indeed <1% AND that reinfection is not possible.

Silence is played
as16.jpg

What a great day!

GERMAN BUNDESLIGA
  • Borussia Dortmund14:30FC Schalke 04
  • FC Augsburg14:30VfL Wolfsburg
  • Fortuna Düsseldorf14:30SC Paderborn 07
  • RB Leipzig14:30SC Freiburg
  • 1899 Hoffenheim14:30Hertha Berlin
  • Eintracht Frankfurt17:30Borussia Mönchengladbach

Corner for Freiburg. RBL GK catches and throws it half the length of the pitch and 5 seconds later RBL nearly score.
I think they should have crowd noises like canned laughter.

What a touch. I cancelled BT but I just went to the app and I've still got it. BT showing the German games.

Nice, I went to remove BT Sport once Football and the UFC had ended cos of lockdown and they said they'd already not charging for Sport but still allowing my to watch the channels. great touch by them.
I'd heard off me old man Sky where a bit snide with theirs, you can remove Sports off your subscription but have to phone them and sit on hold for 30 mins. He got his bill down to £45 from £80 after having a go a them though.

Two interesting games coming up today. Mainz vs Köln should be fun with two good strikers duking it out in Quaison vs Cordoba. Followed by Bayern vs Union in the battle of two polar opposites.

Back
Top Bottom