Burnley (H) 15/05 - 12PM

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Never realised 3 points, the max we could get could be improved upon.

We got an ugly win with an obviously exhausted squad. We didn’t bottle it, we weren’t “Spursy”.

The players had a excuse for being shit, can’t say much about some of our fans in the stadium today though.
I mostly agree with you, we played well in fact, but could have done better in the final third and make things easier at the end. Fair play to the lads and Conte, we are improving a lot as a team, but still a lot to do.

14 first team players, only 2 days between Woolwich and Burnley, players looked knackered. But they got the job done
I'm glad Lo celso found some form and we can get some money for him, but this is a game where we could have used him for Bentancur or Lucas.

Still, thank fuck for the three points.

Hate to break it to you, playing 60 hours after a highly emotional and intense NLD against a team who had 8 days rest and are fighting to stay in this league, you're not going to expect champagne football, games like these are about as much as getting the result as opposed to the performance.

Also suggesting the pen was luck is foolish, you essentially make your own luck by putting pressure on the oppisition, it's not our fault their player was stupid enough to stick his arm out.
Can’t agree with this enough.

We were always going to have it tough after such a big game with the shortest turnaround, but we did what we had to so it baffles me why some aren’t happy because we didn’t smash them 5-0.

We already have a good GD so outside of them not personally satisfied, I don’t see what the problem is…

Back
Top Bottom