Burnley (H) 15/05 - 12PM

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Always remember that bloody dreadful game at Wembely where they sucked the life out of us, time-wasting, etc, only for Eriksen to get the last-minute winner!

Early goal required please.

Got to go for it early doors. Absolutely need to go for the jugular.

Burnley want a point, so it's going to be backs to the wall for them and understandably so.

All the onus is on us.

I only had a small brekkie! On account of having 3 wrestling sessions shortly after it with some fit muscular babes.

I agree a black pudding is usually a must…:)
I'll let that one go this time, wouldn't want you blowing chunks when you have a pair of silken thighs wrapped around your throat.

What a picture!

Burnley is not going to be able to assault Son anymore like Fabinho and Holding did. The entire football world will be watching and the league cannot blatantly ignore the abuse anymore I don't think. Or maybe it will WTF lol

Anyway I don't think anyone could stop Son and Kane right now if they are not allowed to foul. So we ll score 2 or more I think.

With it looking like Salah will be out for possibly the rest of the season, Sonny has a real shot at the Golden boot.

Fingers crossed he gets a couple today to put him in the driver's seat.

Please Tottenham, don't ruin my day early tomo! I'm gonna be hungover, miserable and nervous as Fuck.

A Sonny Double and one for Kane and Kulu (if fit) would be lovely.

Not looking forward to this game as much as the Woolwich one. Not because the other was NLD, but Burnley are exactly the type of team we struggle against. We also always struggle in the noon kick off. The players and fans are flat. Fans have an even bigger role to play in this game IMHO. With such little recovery time, we'll have to push the players through.

After beating City away I said we would have a much harder time against Burnley in the next game and so it transpired.

Everyone can see the pattern in our results. Teams that sit back we struggle against.

This game it might be a blessing to have Sanchez instead of Romero. Romero got dominated at the back post in the reverse fixture for the Burnley game. Hopefully Sanchez fairs better aerially. He will need to be dominant. More importantly I want to see Lloris come out for crosses like he did the other day.

If Kulusevski is out then hopefully Bergwijn replaces him.

Massive game, we need to set the tone from the first second. Its the final game, in the previous 18 home games we tend to give the opposition all the possession they want in the first 15 minutes. Let's not give Burnley belief.

Quick passing and off the ball movement will be the key to breaking them down. I don't see them coming out much even though they need a result. They'll hope for set piece like the reverse fixture.

It'll be nice to see Azza back at the Lane too.

If Kulusevski is out then it only leaves Lucas as an attacking sub from the bench. The starting 11 need to get the job done which enhances the importance of starting the game well and with intent.

COYS! 💪

Disclaimer: there is no good side to Cuti being out.

But, I like have Dav in for this game because he’s dangerous on corners and other set pieces. That might be the way we need to grind out this one.

Think we’ll put Burnley to the sword. More interested in the Woolwich game. Lets hope Newcastle make it as tough as they do for us. A draw and CL is ours.

I saw an article from 2020 saying we have won 39% of our early kickoff games. I’m sure that number has not changed much tbh. That is my only concern for tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom