Burnley v Tottenham Hotspur, Sunday 5th April, 13:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rooney admitted that that was the best 45 mins Utd had played all season. Burnley aren't Utd.
Fair comments, but for me we let Utd play,which was stupid, especially in conjunction with the comical high line that day.

Of course I expect us to do much better v Burnley than Utd.

Incidentally, pre the Utd game there were plenty on here and other Spurs forums predicting we'd win at OT, and Utd were crap, etc.

I was one of the few pointing out that Utd were clear favourites and deservedly so, and I was proved massively right, and a lot of other forumites were proved massively wrong :thumbup:

As I say, I'll give my definitive prediction after the teamsheets are named, and we'll see who's right and who's wrong this time round :)

Fair comments, but for me we let Utd play,which was stupid, especially in conjunction with the comical high line that day.

Of course I expect us to do much better v Burnley than Utd.

Incidentally, pre the Utd game there were plenty on here and other Spurs forums predicting we'd win at OT, and Utd were crap, etc.

I was one of the few pointing out that Utd were clear favourites and deservedly so, and I was proved massively right, and a lot of other forumites were proved massively wrong :thumbup:

As I say, I'll give my definitive prediction after the teamsheets are named, and we'll see who's right and who's wrong this time round :)
Are you one of those I told you so guys? You seem far too happy to point out our short comings and seem to awfully chipper to point the finger and go "ha ha told you so" jesus.

interesting if both Southampton and Liverpool drop points today and we could get all 3?
Utd still have difficult games ahead and this 2 week break would have not been welcomed, IMO.
Its becoming apparent how Utd are playing and should be easily countered by better teams.

Our game against Burnley could be a decisive fixture this season if other results go our way? It would put us in a progressive position that would hopefully boast our confidence and may put a little pressure on others?

Fingers crossed.

No need to shout - I am capable of reading words.
Sorry to deafen you Joe. But once again the post wasn't aimed at you, it was at many of my detractors who think I don't know what I'm talking about most/all of the time.
Whereas of course most of the time I'm right and almost for sure know more about Spurs than most of the people on this site. So I was just bolding this particular correct piece of prediction in case they missed it :)

Also IIRC, some of my detractors were those who got it spectacularly wrong about the Utd game :thumbup:

Whereas of course most of the time I'm right and almost for sure know more about Spurs than most of the people on this site.
That's quite a claim, but predicting an away loss at OT doesn't make you Nostradamus - if you're right about Burnley, I'll acknowledge it, but many of us would prefer not to spoil the weekend by meekly accepting a loss against a poor side before it has happened. The bookies have Burnley at 13/5 to win, so why not whack £50 on them? If we win you'll be happy, and if they win you'll have some money. :thumbup:

Funny, I don't remember your boldness previously when you were announcing when you were wrong.

That's quite a claim, but predicting an away loss at OT doesn't make you Nostradamus - if you're right about Burnley, I'll acknowledge it, but many of us would prefer not to spoil the weekend by meekly accepting a loss against a poor side before it has happened. The bookies have Burnley at 13/5 to win, so why not whack £50 on them? If we win you'll be happy, and if they win you'll have some money. :thumbup:
Doesn't make me Nostradamus, but I sure showed more insight and knowledge than the many people on here and elsewhere that predicted we'd win/draw at OT :thumbup:

And I'm not sure you're reading my posts properly, so I'll have to shout again.
I haven't predicted the Burnley result yet, I'm awaiting team sheets.
If Poch continues to pick the same flimsy teams he's been picking lately, and with the same stupid tactics then I expect us to lose. But who knows he might see some sense.
We'll see :coys:

Doesn't make me Nostradamus, but I sure showed more insight and knowledge than the many people on here and elsewhere that predicted we'd win/draw at OT :thumbup:

And I'm not sure you're reading my posts properly, so I'll have to shout again.
If Poch continues to pick the same flimsy teams he's been picking lately, and with the same stupid tactics then I expect us to lose. But who knows he might see some sense.
We'll see :coys:

I think probably a lot of people in their predictions maybe let their heart take over so some who may have said "spurs win" at OT could have just said out of hope, so I wouldn't take it as if they put their life on it

With the flimsy teams and stupid tactics, outside of bringing in Stambouli, what would you change for Sunday?

I say 2-1 Spurs

But you have said:

Big blow re Hugo, I can't see us winning this with our current comedy defence.

Fair comment, but unfortunately I could put up some pix of most of the other 11 who have let us down badly in the last two games. Add in managerial mistakes and it ain't looking good, IMHO.

He and the team need to up their game big-time to win at Turf Moor, IMHO.

Basically you're giving Tottenham no chance - against the team that is 18th in the league. I find that baffling - especially from a Spurs fan.

So selective quoting, missing out where I've said I'm waiting for team sheets. Tsk, tsk, Mr Clash!

I'll explain again.

ATM, I think we're going to lose, because I expect Poch to keep on making the same mistakes he's made in the last two games. But if he changes the team and tactics/strategy, I might get more hopeful. I AWAIT TEAM SHEETS!!!!

So selective quoting, missing out where I've said I'm waiting for team sheets. Tsk, tsk, Mr Clash!

I'll explain again, ATM, I think we're going to lose, because I expect Poch to keep on making the same mistakes he's made in the last two games. But if he changes the team and tactics/strategy, I might get more hopeful. I AWAIT TEAMSHEETS!!!!
That quote is at the top. And selective quoting indeed. That's what you said! I'm not the only one who can't read properly it would appear.

I must be on ignore but I did ask aside from bringing in Stambouli what else would need to happen for Greavsie to be happy

Some things believe it or not are not Poch's fault, you can't give Walker a brain transplant for example, he would make mistakes for Guardiola too

I must be on ignore but I did ask aside from bringing in Stambouli what else would need to happen for Greavsie to be happy

Some things believe it or not are not Poch's fault, you can't give Walker a brain transplant for example, he would make mistakes for Guardiola too
I know mate, players can't have bad games or ignore instructions - it's always the managers fault. Unless of course you like the manager..

Back
Top Bottom