Burnley v Tottenham Hotspur, Sunday 5th April, 13:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Because he keeps making them. I'm still fuming over the farce that was our preparation for the biggest game of our season, so why should I suddenly get faith he's going to get it right?
So, if you know which starters will win us the game, please do post your line up.
433 with Stambouli to start is what I have got from your posts so far.

interesting if both Southampton and Liverpool drop points today and we could get all 3?
Utd still have difficult games ahead and this
2 week break would have not been welcomed, IMO.
Its becoming apparent how Utd are playing
and should be easily countered by better teams

Our game against Burnley could be a decisive fixture this season if other results
go our way? It would put us in a progressive position that would hopefully boast our confidence and may put a little pressure on others
Fingers crossed.

We also have to play man city and southampton, not to mention win the rest of our games. On top of that we haven't exactly been playing well have we.
Don't do it to yourself mate

Because he keeps making them. I'm still fuming over the farce that was our preparation for the biggest game of our season, so why should I suddenly get faith he's going to get it right?

We didn't lose the League Cup because of the Fiorentina game we lost because we played the club leading the league, who has massive amounts of cash, a manager with 21 major trophies and 10-1 cup final record. Even considering all of that they won because of two deflected goals.

We've always had good conversations but all the stuff you're saying about Pochettino is foolish and extremely disappointing. I think it isn't Pochettino who need to have a look at but yourself. You talk about always looking at the odds but then blame Pochettino for losing a cup final to the best team in the country.

I didn't see Tim bring us to any Cup Finals. In fact he only won 1 Cup fixture despite taking over with us alive in all three. You have to admit you're being quite hypocritical.

Why can't we beat Southampton?
I'm not saying we can't. Anyone can beat anyone on their day in the pl.

But we haven't played well since liverpool away. Our defence is a shambles, our goal difference is shit, and a lot of the team look as
though they can't wait to get their cock sucked on the beach in a hot country.

We will concede a goal in everyone of the last games we have, to win harry kane needs to score more. He can't do it in every game.

We didn't lose the League Cup because of the Fiorentina game we lost because we played the club leading the league, who has massive amounts of cash, a manager with 21 major trophies and 10-1 cup final record. Even considering all of that they won because of two deflected goals.

We've always had good conversations but all the stuff you're saying about Pochettino is foolish and extremely disappointing. I think it isn't Pochettino who need to have a look at but yourself. You talk about always looking at the odds but then blame Pochettino for losing a cup final to the best team in the country.

I didn't see Tim bring us to any Cup Finals. In fact he only won 1 Cup fixture despite taking over with us alive in all three. You have to admit you're being quite hypocritical.
Fair enough JDK. tis the parting of the ways. I'll always respect you as a Spurs fan though:thumbup::coys:

I'm not saying we can't. Anyone can beat anyone on their day in the pl.

But we haven't played well since liverpool away. Our defence is a shambles, our goal difference is shit, and a lot of the team look as
though they can't wait to get their cock sucked on the beach in a hot country.

We will concede a goal in everyone of the last games we have, to win harry kane needs to score more. He can't do it in every game.
I see where you are coming from, but since that game we have 3 wins, a draw and a loss away at Old Trafford in the league.

So, if you know which starters will win us the game, please do post your line up.
433 with Stambouli to start is what I have got from your posts so far.
I don't know which starters will win, I'm not the manager. But you are right I think Stambouli in a 4-3-3 will be a good start. And me, I'm just a punter, not a highly paid manager.

I see BTW that Poch has finally admitted how bad we are defensively,

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2015...e-problem-thats-affecting-every-single-spur/?

Well guess what Poch, who's fault is that? Yep, I'm looking at your team selection and tactics :thumbup:

Oh and another thing right for me BTW:thumbup:

As I say I await team sheets for my prediction.

Furthermore the first 15 mins should see whether Poch has changed his failing tactics.

Last edited:
I don't know which starters will win, I'm not the manager. But you are right I think Stambouli in a 4-3-3 will be a good start. And me, I'm just a punter, not a highly paid manager.

I see BTW that Poch has finally admitted how bad we are defensively,

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2015...e-problem-thats-affecting-every-single-spur/?

Well guess what Poch, who's fault is that? Yep, I'm looking at your team selection and tactics :thumbup:

Oh and another thing right for me BTW:thumbup:

As I say I await team sheets for my prediction.

Furthermore the first 15 mins should see whether Poch has changed his failing tactics.
So you wait until the game is over, if we lose then Poch "got it wrong" and if we win he is still wrong because we are bad defensively when don't keep a clean sheet. It is very hard to respect your point of view.

Talking about stambouli, does anyone know what's going on with him ? I never took to him at first, but I really think there is a player in there. Our defence is beyond pathetic, stambouli infront of them would protect them well. He can play aswell.

My team tomorrow would be

--------------vorm-----------
Walker--fazio-vertonghen-rose
----------stambouli---------
-----mason--dembele---
Eriksen-------------townsend
-----------kane---------

Chadli, has been awful, doesn't deserve to be playing at all, lamela is just........er shit.

Maybe replace bentaleb with mason if things arnt going right.

As paulinho didn't do too badly when he came on against Leicester, maybe replace demebel with him for the last 25. We might get some takers in the summer for him if he does well until the end of the season.

If vertonghen is looking like he playing like a tit in a trance, replace him with dier.

Fair enough JDK. tis the parting of the ways. I'll always respect you as a Spurs fan though
I suppose I'm going back on ignore, but can I just say this: if you ignore everyone who challenges your opinion you are going to have a very distorted view of yourself. And there's no need to keep banging on about being right - if you're right often enough people will notice, and if you do claim that privilege, be equally public when you're wrong.

BTW, isn't 'parting of the ways' a bit of an over the top reaction to JDK JDK ? He disagreed with you about Poch, on a Spurs forum where people come to express or challenge opinion. It's not personal. I don't understand why you take it as such. Anyway, that's just my opinion.

Greaves357_bestever Greaves357_bestever
5760fcc8205130c5d08bc3518dbbdd0c.500x396x13.gif

I suppose I'm going back on ignore, but can I just say this: if you ignore everyone who challenges your opinion you are going to have a very distorted view of yourself. And there's no need to keep banging on about being right - if you're right often enough people will notice, and if you do claim that privilege, be equally public when you're wrong.

BTW, isn't 'parting of the ways' a bit of an over the top reaction to JDK JDK ? He disagreed with you about Poch, on a Spurs forum where people come to express or challenge opinion. It's not personal. I don't understand why you take it as such. Anyway, that's just my opinion.
This is what JDK said.

'We've always had good conversations but all the stuff you're saying about Pochettino is foolish and extremely disappointing. I think it isn't Pochettino who need to have a look at but yourself. You talk about always looking at the odds but then blame Pochettino for losing a cup final to the best team in the country.'

I didn't see Tim bring us to any Cup Finals. In fact he only won 1 Cup fixture despite taking over with us alive in all three. You have to admit you're being quite hypocritical.'

When someone says what I am saying is 'foolish and hypocritical', I take it personally.
Also, TBH time and again I come on here to find people attacking me, and there's only so much I can take. So I often put people on ignore in a kind of defensive panic to save myself from further attacks.

And yes, your continued negativity towards me is liable to see me putting you on ignore again. I really do't like continually have to defend myself, which if your case seems to be most times. I rarely see you praising me, just questioning and criticising me.

It's like being down the pub, if someone kept going on at me like that, I'd stop talking to them, it's that simple really.

I do have to agree with you greavsie on your point about the league cup final and the europa game. Personally I thought potch got it all arse about face. I'm not saying he is a bad manager, but In my opinion he got everything wrong regarding those 2 games. Team selections to tactics

Back
Top Bottom