Burnley v Tottenham Hotspur, Sunday 5th April, 13:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Top 4 might already be gone, but I'd like to win tomorrow to keep us in it. United has a load of tough fixtures coming up and we still don't know what's the deal with City.

Win tomorrow and we live another day, drop points and it's gone..

Man Utds fixtures don't get any easier. City (H), Chelsea (A), Everton (A) coming up next for them. Whilst we play Burnley, Aston Villa, Newcastle, Southampton. We win our four and they lose two of their next 3. We will either be above them or level on points with them. Obviously it's wishful thinking but not out of the realms of possibility. I mean even losing one of those games could still potentially see us just 3 points behind Man Utd and they still have Woolwich to play.

Last edited:
Top 4 might already be gone, but I'd like to win tomorrow to keep us in it. United has a load of tough fixtures coming up and we still don't know what's the deal with City.

Even if the top 4 has gone, it would be fantastic to finish above the dippers. 5th in Poch's first season would be more than most of us expected. Just got to keep going and see what happens.

I can understand many who would like to write us off before the game, it's the thing about hope etc and the fact that we lost to United not long ago. However, a couple of losses for United and they could find themselves back in that dark place. Liverpool, who have been flying for a while suddenly look awful.

Football changes fast and if we find ourselves in a position only three points off with a few games to go you can't see it's impossible.

But Burnley first!

Man Utds fixtures don't get any easier. City (H), Chelsea (A), Everton (A) coming up next for them. Whilst we play Burnley, Aston Villa, Newcastle, Southampton. We win our four and they lose two of their next 3. We will either be above them or level on points with them. Obviously it's wishful thinking but not out of the realms of possibility. I mean even losing one of those games could still potentially see us just 3 points behind Man Utd and they still have Woolwich to play.

It is actually still possible for us to finish abov them due to the fixtures they have. I dont think we will but it is still quite plausible today. I saw an article on BBC the other week where they had us finishing 6th, or 7th. SIXTH for fucks sake. I thought, fuck no, FIFTH is OURS bitches!

Basically, I think we will finish 5th for a change. But we'll see. Whatever the case I want us to keep getting max points and I want Kane to keep scoring so that he wins the golden boot.

It is actually still possible for us to finish abov them due to the fixtures they have. I dont think we will but it is still quite plausible today. I saw an article on BBC the other week where they had us finishing 6th, or 7th. SIXTH for fucks sake. I thought, fuck no, FIFTH is OURS bitches!

Basically, I think we will finish 5th for a change. But we'll see. Whatever the case I want us to keep getting max points and I want Kane to keep scoring so that he wins the golden boot.
To be honest. I'm just enjoying watching Tottenham again. I'd love for us to finish fifth but I wouldn't be disheartened with sixth. It was always a case of players being on trial this year, some have come out tops, some won't make the cut. I just look forward to getting a nice pre-season underway, some Pochettino signings in the summer and seeing some exciting youth come into the mix in the likes of Alli and Pritchard.

If city finishes out of the top 4 , I will eat one of Jayc1 Jayc1 testicles .

It's nice to have hope but in reality 4th is probably beyond us . Gaining 8 points on city with only a possible 24 available is some task.

:(

If city finishes out of the top 4 , I will eat one of Jayc1 Jayc1 testicles .

It's nice to have hope but in reality 4th is probably beyond us . Gaining 8 points on city with only a possible 24 available is some task.

:(

It is. And therefore the more likely team for us to catch would be United. But hey, they lose to Palace and United while we win vs Burnley and Newcastle and it would be two points between us with them playing us away.

Not saying it will happen, but it would be nice to stay in the mix for a while longer and feel slightly more positive about our chances than Liverpool feel about their chances today..

He's going tomorrow, I can't knock that - he sent me a picture of his ticket - which was nice.

To be honest Joe, if he goes to other teams games I couldn't give a fuck . I was only teasing ... If he says he's spurs then he is. I doubt that anyone would have a nothing life to pretend to be a fan of a football team which they're not. Jayc1 seems ok to me. :adethumbup:

It is. And therefore the more likely team for us to catch would be United. But hey, they lose to Palace and United while we win vs Burnley and Newcastle and it would be two points between us with them playing us away.

Not saying it will happen, but it would be nice to stay in the mix for a while longer and feel slightly more positive about our chances than Liverpool feel about their chances today..

Thing is , when we do get top 4 it always seems to be last day of the season , panic , all of us with calculators out . Our G/D isn't top 4 so I've kinda , reluctantly, conceded that we'll finish 5-7

To be honest Joe, if he goes to other teams games I couldn't give a fuck . I was only teasing ... If he says he's spurs then he is. I doubt that anyone would have a nothing life to pretend to be a fan of a football team which they're not. Jayc1 seems ok to me. :adethumbup:
Yeah, I know, I just found it odd that he'd never been to the Lane, but was a regular at the Ethiad. He and I can be a bit spiky so it wasn't going to start well - we get on famously now.

P.S. I meant he's going to watch us if that wasn't clear.

This game is vital for us getting Europa League next year, I really hope we can just outclass them from the get-go, no sloppy play between the defence and midfield that a big piggy striker is gonna pop into our top corner for fun!

What a match thread this is, seriously. It's been fuckin Greavsie'd!

There's no need to be dramatic. I still like you, I just think you're wrong here. We don't have to part ways because of petty squabbles.
He does. It's simply in his nature. If he ignores enough people, the forum will just be him agreeing with himself, giving himself a pat on the back each and every time he is right. That is until he is wrong, he points that out to himself and puts himself on ignore. The Internet blows up and we all go back to the dark ages.

And fucking hell, the game is in a bad hour, Easter in Portugal is taken very serious by my family :avbmad:

but i will escape and see Kane smash Burnley :sandroscream:
Just remind them that Jesus wasn't real and Easter is all about chocolate eggs and bank holidays.

They'll soon come around.

Anyone heading to burnley by car tomorrow? I am Currently in burnley with a ticket but no way home. If anyone would be able to give me a lift home that would be amazing. Anywhere in or around London would be great and obviously I would pay petrol etc!

Anyone heading to burnley by car tomorrow? I am Currently in burnley with a ticket but no way home. If anyone would be able to give me a lift home that would be amazing. Anywhere in or around London would be great and obviously I would pay petrol etc!
Can you provide references?

in all seriousness, should have no trouble mate. Top lads on here.
If the driver starts talking about how Greaves was the best ever, I suggest you get out and walk. Trust me mate. Just trust me.

One of the big things for tomorrow is whether Kane can add to his tally. He should get some goals between now and te end of the season to get a good feeling going into the double-season mark II next year..

Back
Top Bottom