Burnley v Tottenham || Monday, 26 Oct @ 8pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

These next two Europa games are must wins so we can rest during that dodgy run we have
If we avoid injuries, we literally have two different starting XIs. If we win next 2 Europa games there's no excuse to have complete rotation for final 3 Europa games.

For that horrific run, hopefully we can have this team vs City Chelsea Woolwich:

Lloris
Aurier Dier Ald Reguilon
GLC Hojbjerg Ndombele
Bale Son Kane

And this team to see our Europa:

Hart
Doherty Dier Sanchez Davies
Sissoko Winks Lamela
Bergwijn Vinicius Lucas

Alli can hopefully get some games in Europa too, so we have space in case one of our forwards get injured.

Massive, massive win, and one that we might look back on as potentially crucial to our season.
Feels like a lifetime ago.

vlcsnap-2019-02-23-14h26m44s178.jpg

Neville really is a fucking scrote isn't he? Can't hide the fact that he would hate to see us win the league, even more so because it would prove that United are a shit show and he was wrong to write Mourinho off.

To be fair to GN, he defended Jose plenty when many were questioning him at United. It just boils his piss that he’s happier with us whilst United amble on with Ole the PE teacher.

Eh. He is just not fully fit got nothing to do with how much money he has. When are people going to stop going on about how much footballers earn as justification

As I said earlier Bale himself says he is now fully fit- may not be 100% match fit but he will never get that if he doesn’t play. Surely would have offered more than Moura tonight. And I wasn’t having a pop at Bale because I am sure he would have wanted to play. I was laughing at the twit who assumed to know something about Gareth’s fitness that Gareth doesn’t know himself

Did Lamela actually have a bottle of water off Burnley's physios while treating to McNeil after he snapped him? absolute legend. Thought his energy changed the game when he came on.
A lot of posters are quick to write off Lamela for the next new fashionable winger from Ligue 1 that we should have instead.

Time and time again he comes on and makes an impact on the game. Great sub to have.

As I said earlier Bale himself says he is now fully fit- may not be 100% match fit but he will never get that if he doesn’t play. Surely would have offered more than Moura tonight

Dare I say bring him on if we were 3 up. Being 100% fit and being fit for a game where he won't really be able to let him self go without also running back at the same pace and defend is something else. Today, the way the game went it wasn't one for him. Lamela and GLC was two great subs. Then José has to save one til the end to see if we keep it at 1-0 to bring on roden or if it's 1-1 then bale to try win it. It was still close so needed a defender at the end. That's just how things played out.

Back
Top Bottom