Burnley v Tottenham || Monday, 26 Oct @ 8pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There was a bit that summed up everything about Burnley for me.

Start of the coverage for the second half we saw the Spurs team waiting in the tunnel, well I say "tunnel", it looked more like a painted portacabin.

It was like staring straight into the 1940s

Bob Mortimer nails it here...

I love bob Mortimer

Because we've just won, I'll let you off this statement.

But only once.

Only once can I, or will I let you get away with that.

Consider this a warning.

Consider this me not giving a fuck. You said you don't care. Well I put the best of the team in front of what I wanted to see in terms of the starting team or subs coming on. Game panned out in a way where the subs were spot on at the right times. No bale was a good choice today

Consider this me not giving a fuck. You said you don't care. Well I put the best of the team in front of what I wanted to see in terms of the starting team or subs coming on. Game panned out in a way where the subs were spot on at the right times. No bale was a good choice today

Just enjoy the win and stop posting like a prick.

Now shush. 😘

As I said earlier Bale himself says he is now fully fit- may not be 100% match fit but he will never get that if he doesn’t play. Surely would have offered more than Moura tonight
Probably not the physical game to put someone on the road back from injury into. Lucas does a job - but we have issues on RW - Coco and Bale made of glass and Lucas the Brazilian Sissoko. They all do a job, but Burnley needed someone indestructible to start and then something more aggressive as the game went on. Good tactics (although I didn’t agree with them at the time of the Lamela sub).

It may also be Jose’s way of sending a message to Bale that he has to up his game to be a starter: he hardly set the world on fire on Thursday?
It’s going to be a great problem to have if he can be anywhere near fully match fit for any portion of the season.

Dare I say bring him on if we were 3 up. Being 100% fit and being fit for a game where he won't really be able to let him self go without also running back at the same pace and defend is something else. Today, the way the game went it wasn't one for him. Lamela and GLC was two great subs. Then José has to save one til the end to see if we keep it at 1-0 to bring on roden or if it's 1-1 then bale to try win it. It was still close so needed a defender at the end. That's just how things played out.

The man is a world beater and Moura offers nothing that Bale doesn’t. No better way to get match fit than minutes on the pitch.

So you’ve never watched a match where you have no vested interest in either team?
Yes, occasionally.... but I'd never have the temerity to expect the quality or outcome of the match be catered to my needs or demands!

When they say 'it's a terrible/great game for the Neutral' who are they catering to? The only fans in any given game who GENUINELY care about the result are the two sets of fans of the clubs playing, plus any fans of clubs for whom the result directly affects them... and of course, each clubs direct rival, who just want them to lose!

Anyone else who cares not a bit about the result shouldn't even get a mention about what result to expect, or what type of game would 'please them'.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for alleviating the pressure by watching two clubs for whom I have no affinity for, slugging it out, and seeing their fans go through 90 minutes of torture.... but I wouldn't expect 'a mention'
....it is a genuine bugbear of mine that every time a game either has goals galore, or the opposite, and fails to live up to expectations, the cliche is thay it's always the 'neutral' for whom it was a great/lousy game for....
Why is that? Is it cos in any given game, more neutrals are watching than actual fans with a vested interest in the result? I'm not so sure....

Anyway, we won tonight, it was a terrible spectacle, but fuck it, we won, so a great game for Spurs fans everywhere, not so for Burnley fans!
I couldn't care less what the 'neutrals' thought of it!
No doubt they'll be tuning into Bangkok Utd vs Shanghai Rangers at 3am, to be further disappointed by the emptiness and neutralality of their support!

Last edited:
I'm doing that just fine you cunt. You're the one bitching cos bale didn't come on.

I didn't bitch. I made one post, in the first half!

What's wrong with you, you gooner loving plebiant oxygen thief.

Do you know what mate. I'm not letting some gooner waster spoil my mood.

Get on ignore you waste of life.

The man is a world beater and Moura offers nothing that Bale doesn’t. No better way to get match fit than minutes on the pitch.

I agree but not today. Next game he should start. So far the bit parts I've seen he's close but not fully there. A world beater that hasn't played much. We can't risk a result today just for the sake of minutes for him.

We can't afford to suffer in a bid to get Bale fit.

That's literally what the EL is for. It's his mini pre-season.

He simply can't do the hard miles required in the Premier League right now but it will come.

Back
Top Bottom